Television Will Smith does not like Chris Rock's new special.

Yeah it's what Oscar hosts do dummy, talk. If you call that "running your mouth" you sound like you're also prone to having hurt feelings with lady-like nerve endings. Also a possible cuck.
You sound like some karen who will disrespect people and go crying when it backfires.

Verbally tap to strike?
Nice mental gymnastics. You cannot repackage getting slapped in front of billions and smiling into anything else. It was the biggest humiliation in showbiz history.

I thought Chris just acted like a professional. He was hosting the Oscars. It was actually impressive that he and the show continued on without missing a beat after that.

He could have probably halted the proceedings and messed it all up by either fighting Will or calling the cops and...maybe it would be best for everyone to bring the Oscars to an end one way or the other...but he showed up to work and saw it through.

Verbally tap to strike?
Nice mental gymnastics. You cannot repackage getting slapped in front of billions and smiling into anything else. It was the biggest humiliation in showbiz history.

The only one humiliated was Smith. And yeah, he's been crying about SO all over social media.

I thought Chris just acted like a professional. He was hosting the Oscars. It was actually impressive that he and the show continued on without missing a beat after that.

He could have probably halted the proceedings and messed it all up by either fighting Will or calling the cops and...maybe it would be best for everyone to bring the Oscars to an end one way or the other...but he showed up to work and saw it through.
No. You frame it as self restrain. But he was frozen on the spot. And I can't blame him. I also don't know how I would react.

But you guys need to stop presenting his as a hero, he got emasculated in historical fashion. You don't come back from that. He should have fought back. When you get assaulted like that you need to defend yourself, fuck the oscars.

Verbally tap to strike?
hmm, i always felt the humiliation was reserved to will smith.
acting like a thug on what at least appears to be a more legacy stage, as the oscars, in the full knowledge he's being openly cheated on by the wife, does not do him favors.
plus he's like twice the size of rock. not much of a manly thing to beat up on a smaller man that doesn't even fight back.

hmm, i always felt the humiliation was reserved to will smith.
acting like a thug on what at least appears to be a more legacy stage, as the oscars, in the full knowledge he's being openly cheated on by the wife, does not do him favors.
plus he's like twice the size of rock. not much of a manly thing to beat up on a smaller man that doesn't even fight back.
That may be but then don t frame the smaller man who didn't fight back into a hero.

No. You frame it as self restrain. But he was frozen on the spot. And I can't blame him. I also don't know how I would react.

But you guys need to stop presenting his as a hero, he got emasculated in historical fashion. You don't come back from that. He should have fought back. When you get assaulted like that you need to defend yourself, fuck the oscars.

It was Will that slapped him and then immediately scurried off the stage. He didn't really give Chris a chance to go mano a mano because Will bitched out himself like a typical bully. Here's your slap and...I'm gone.

Was Chris supposed to chase him back to his table?

The only one humiliated was Smith. And yeah, he's been crying about SO all over social media.
Seriously, how do you guys do this. How do you collectively convince yourselves that getting slapped like that and doing nothing is not an enormous, life-changing humiliation?

It was Will that slapped him and then immediately scurried off the stage. He didn't really give Chris a chance to go mano a mano because Will bitched out himself like a typical bully. Here's your slap and...I'm gone.

Was Chris supposed to chase him back to his table?
Go watch that scene and tell me with a straight face that this is what really happened.
You guys are all lemmings.

Go watch that scene and tell me with a straight face that this is what really happened.
You guys are all lemmings.

Slap, maybe stands there for one second, then walks off the stage and yells at Chris from his chair. He could have stood there and emasculated Chris verbally from one foot away and seen if Chris wanted to do something about it. If Chris was the bitch you say he is, then maybe Will staying there and tearing a stripe off of him would have made him cower and whimper. But that didn't happen. Will got in his shot against a dude who wasn't defending and then left.

Chris could have acted injured like Koscheck when a knee went through his fro, or like that cameraman that Dennis Rodman kicked...but there was none of that. He took the shot and didn't even miss a beat.

oh, i didn't say he was. he was just a regular dude being shocked by what's happening.
And that's fine. But all these idiots are presenting him as some hero who came unscathed out of this.
And BTW I have no sympathy for Will Smith. When you are a notorious cuck with fucked up children then you also can't expect respect.
But I DGAF about the backstory. I just saw a guy get slapped like a bitch, do nothing, come back 6 months later with some comedy and people applaud him as some hero.

Slap, maybe stands there for one second, then walks off the stage and yells at Chris from his chair. He could have stood there and emasculated Chris verbally from one foot away and seen if Chris wanted to do something about it. If Chris was the bitch you say he is, then maybe Will staying there and tearing a stripe off of him would have made him cower and whimper. But that didn't happen. Will got in his shot against a dude who wasn't defending and then left.

Chris could have acted injured like Koscheck when a knee went through his fro, or like that cameraman that Dennis Rodman kicked...but there was none of that. He took the shot and didn't even miss a beat.

That is kind of true though. He could have stayed there.

And that's fine. But all these idiots are presenting him as some hero who came unscathed out of this.
And BTW I have no sympathy for Will Smith. When you are a notorious cuck with fucked up children then you also can't expect respect.
But I DGAF about the backstory. I just saw a guy get slapped like a bitch, do nothing, come back 6 months later with some comedy and people applaud him as some hero.

I don't think people are calling him a hero, just that he's come out of this the bigger man, and gained more respect with the public while Smith lost it.

I'm legit curious what you think Rock should've done. From my POV, if he attempted to fight back, he would've been pummeled on tv and become even more of a bitch. If he had chased Smith down and then gotten pummeled it would've been even more embarrassing.

Instead he kept his cool and continued hosting as if completely unfazed by Smith. No busted lip, no bruises, no loss in composure. It was like a "Is that your best shot? Damn that's weak." to Smith. That's professionalism.

And the fact that more people seems to think favourably of his reaction than those who don't, means that he's come out of this a winner. He's won in the court of public opinion and that's all that matters to a public figure.

Last edited:
The special was fire. Haven’t laughed that hard at one in a long time. Chris Rock knew he was never going to win a fight with Will. That slap did nothing for Will but introduced more people to this cuck family. Rock on the other hand gets great material and puts on his first special in years. Might just rejuvenate his career.

The special was fire. Haven’t laughed that hard at one in a long time. Chris Rock knew he was never going to win a fight with Will. That slap did nothing for Will but introduced more people to this cuck family. Rock on the other hand gets great material and puts on his first special in years. Might just rejuvenate his career.

I think between that and being the star of Fargo season 4 he's primed for a decent run over the next little while.

I don't think people are calling him a hero, just that he's come out of this the bigger man, and gained more respect with the public while Smith lost it.

I'm legit curious what you think Rock should've done. From my POV, if he attempted to fight back, he would've been pummeled on tv and become even more of a bitch. If he had chased Smith down and then gotten pummeled it would've been even more embarrassing.

Instead he kept his cool and continued hosting as if completely unfazed by Smith. No busted lip, no bruises, no loss in composure. It was like a "Is that your best shot? Damn that's weak." to Smith. That's professionalism.

And the fact that more people seems to think favourably of his reaction than those who don't, means that he's come out of this a winner. He's won in the court of public opinion and that's all that matters to a public figure.
It s very difficult to judge in hindsight. It s a very weird situation. Yes he should have retaliated. Under no circumstance is anyone expected to get hit like that and just laugh it off. Oscars or not, a man needs to defend his dignity. If someone slaps you like that you lose that dignity, so at that moment nothing else matters and fuck the show.

TBH, chris rock should have had more empathy and sensed that Smith was going to snap. I don't know what I would have done after being slapped like that (although I hope that I would have tried to jump on Smith and gouge his eyes out) but i can tell you that I would never roast someone until he has a meltdown. And I would have known that Will was going to do some shit when he walked up the stage like that.

Back