Television Will Smith does not like Chris Rock's new special.

You know, I never understood his don’t fight in front of white people comment till now.
I agreed with everything else he said and especially how he carried himself.
As a person of color myself (not black), I’d never heard that myself nor did I agree with it. Thought it was just something he threw out.

But yeah, that extra line you put in puts sense in it. This is a mainly a black people in America thing and the shit you (?) all have to deal with specifically in the so called “Greatest Country in the World”.

Thanks brah.

Thanks for the feedback bro, glad I can offer some clarity!

No.
Like @Alphaboy said, it’s a “look at these people” remark.
“That you can dress them up but can’t civilise them” racist trope.

That brought clarity to the whole thing for me. And props to Chris Rock that he actually didn’t spell that part out and make it way more awkward.
I guess it’s a ykiyk remark. (You know if you know).
Yeah that makes sense. Pig in lipstick won't ever make it a model. Still a Pig.

No.
Like @Alphaboy said, it’s a “look at these people” remark.
“That you can dress them up but can’t civilise them” racist trope.

That brought clarity to the whole thing for me. And props to Chris Rock that he actually didn’t spell that part out and make it way more awkward.
I guess it’s a ykiyk remark. (You know if you know).

Agreed. Between Chris Rock and Will Smith, it was Chris Rock that didn’t devolve into the stereotypical tropes that white people have of minorities. Some say Chris bitched up by not fighting back. To me, I say Chris practiced the tenets of MLK, and fought back against the white peoples notions of typical Black behaviors instead of engaging in a physical confrontation which would have been expected.

To the point that some folks were disappointed he maintained his composure and didn’t give them satisfaction of having their stereotype proven right.

Ultimately, I say fuck Will Smith and his opinion on Rock’s special. He deserved every single bit of vitriol Chris spit his way.

Tbh you could argue making fun of someone who is being cucked publically is just bullying.

This celebrity drama is for the lobotimized but if we take that out of it the man has been publically humiliated and comedians are making fun of him. If that were any of us we would absolutley be devastated and if you say otherwise you're lying. Maybe turning the other cheek is the mature thing to do not everyone has that in them and I think it's not fair to expect that.

lol

Will Smith is a multi-millionaire public figure and Oscar winner, who got up and slapped someone in middle of an event.

Tbh, all he had to do to avoid all this nonsense is divorce his horrendous, ugly, stupid bitch of a wife.

If he doesn’t understand that he deserves all of this, and way, way more, he can go fuck himself.

Staged? He clearly hit him. The fact that people actually defend this. This is some bitchass stuff. Then Will ran off to his seat.

Security should've put a knee to his neck.

At the very least two big security guys each with an underhook take him out of the audience.

Agreed. Between Chris Rock and Will Smith, it was Chris Rock that didn’t devolve into the stereotypical tropes that white people have of minorities. Some say Chris bitched up by not fighting back. To me, I say Chris practiced the tenets of MLK, and fought back against the white peoples notions of typical Black behaviors instead of engaging in a physical confrontation which would have been expected.

To the point that some folks were disappointed he maintained his composure and didn’t give them satisfaction of having their stereotype proven right.

Ultimately, I say fuck Will Smith and his opinion on Rock’s special. He deserved every single bit of vitriol Chris spit his way.

In my opinion Chris went light on him.

I fucking lost at Chris saying he watched Emancipation just for the scene where Smith gets whipped.

"You see what you done, Will? You got me cheering for Massa! Whup him again, Massa - you missed a spot!"<45><Lmaoo>

Slap, maybe stands there for one second, then walks off the stage and yells at Chris from his chair. He could have stood there and emasculated Chris verbally from one foot away and seen if Chris wanted to do something about it. If Chris was the bitch you say he is, then maybe Will staying there and tearing a stripe off of him would have made him cower and whimper. But that didn't happen. Will got in his shot against a dude who wasn't defending and then left.

Chris could have acted injured like Koscheck when a knee went through his fro, or like that cameraman that Dennis Rodman kicked...but there was none of that. He took the shot and didn't even miss a beat.

Chris should've leg kicked him and then
I work for TIFF, Mirvish Ent , people are insane when the big stars show up. It's security galore, so weird the Oscars or the globes don't have that.
I mean of course they have security, they probably just reeaallly didn't expect the best actor favorite in the first row to get so salty to walk up and slap the host lol

No. You frame it as self restrain. But he was frozen on the spot. And I can't blame him. I also don't know how I would react.

But you guys need to stop presenting his as a hero, he got emasculated in historical fashion. You don't come back from that. He should have fought back. When you get assaulted like that you need to defend yourself, fuck the oscars.
Lol you little snowflake.
He reacted the right way, you don't need to get into a scrap like a 10 yr old just because of a little slap especially when you are presenting an awards ceremony.
And its not 'defending yourself' if the other guy walks away.
His comeback is now.

It s very difficult to judge in hindsight. It s a very weird situation. Yes he should have retaliated. Under no circumstance is anyone expected to get hit like that and just laugh it off. Oscars or not, a man needs to defend his dignity. If someone slaps you like that you lose that dignity, so at that moment nothing else matters and fuck the show.

TBH, chris rock should have had more empathy and sensed that Smith was going to snap. I don't know what I would have done after being slapped like that (although I hope that I would have tried to jump on Smith and gouge his eyes out) but i can tell you that I would never roast someone until he has a meltdown. And I would have known that Will was going to do some shit when he walked up the stage like that.
I think a big part of the reason he froze and laughed it off was neither that he was scared of Will Smith nor that he tried to be classy but simply that he was confused. I mean he made a nonoffensive GI Jane joke and Will Smith first laughed and THEN got up, so even at that point it wasn't really obvious that he was seriously gonna slap him (which is why Chris kept commmenting while Will was approaching), so even after the slap Chris probably didn't know for sure if Will was legitimately mad or just goofing around and misjudged how hard he hit him. Smith tearing up and yelling about his wife pretty much removed all doubt.

I watched the clip he had on will. It really wasn't anything funny. Especially with the amount of time he had to work on it

Tough shit, thats the penance Will has to pay for black celeb privileges. Dude literally got to assault someone on live TV, in front of millions of witnesses and with a myriad of police present. He didn't even get kicked out of the venue, and got to accept his award.

Now he has to sit back and let Chris talk as much shit (and collect as much cash) about him and his owner (I mean wife) as he wants.

Lol you little snowflake.
He reacted the right way, you don't need to get into a scrap like a 10 yr old just because of a little slap especially when you are presenting an awards ceremony.
And its not 'defending yourself' if the other guy walks away.
His comeback is now.
A little slap. Ok.

I think a big part of the reason he froze and laughed it off was neither that he was scared of Will Smith nor that he tried to be classy but simply that he was confused. I mean he made a nonoffensive GI Jane joke and Will Smith first laughed and THEN got up, so even at that point it wasn't really obvious that he was seriously gonna slap him (which is why Chris kept commmenting while Will was approaching), so even after the slap Chris probably didn't know for sure if Will was legitimately mad or just goofing around and misjudged how hard he hit him. Smith tearing up and yelling about his wife pretty much removed all doubt.
It was a weird AF scene for sure. I was sure it was staged at first.

Tbh you could argue making fun of someone who is being cucked publically is just bullying.

This celebrity drama is for the lobotimized but if we take that out of it the man has been publically humiliated and comedians are making fun of him. If that were any of us we would absolutley be devastated and if you say otherwise you're lying. Maybe turning the other cheek is the mature thing to do not everyone has that in them and I think it's not fair to expect that.

Rock turned the other cheek by not fighting him.

He has every right and reason to make fun of him. It's the least that Will deserves.

Back