"Colby is the clear number 2"

Vagabound

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Can we finally put this to rest? Those 2 "close" losses to Usman, where only he got dropped and his jaw broken, were a silly reason to hold him above other, better contenders. Glad it's dead in the water

Well I personally think he would fuck up Mohammed. It's a tiny bit too early for Shavkat and he had a war with Neal. Jorge has no business in there, Burns is right around the corner...

Can't think of much else

How can he be the #2 when the guy who beat him twice and finished him is the clear #2?
Well because you're playing mma math which isn't how fights are made. Nobody, including Leon himself wants to see this fight again. Usman himself acknowledges he needs to win his way back into contention and that should be more than enough clarity for the fans that he isn't getting a shot again any time soon.

Well because you're playing mma math which isn't how fights are made. Nobody, including Leon himself wants to see this fight again. Usman himself acknowledges he needs to win his way back into contention and that should be more than enough clarity for the fans that he isn't getting a shot again any time soon.
I'm not even doing MMA math. I'm just going off of rankings.

The #2 in MMA is actually #3 because the champ isn't ranked #1 which is retarded.

Who should get it over Colby? I heard all the reasons people think he's undeserving, but no case for anyone to get a shot over him lol

Well if Usman needs to work himself back into contention then so does Colby.

Best fighters in the WW imo
1) Shavkat
2) Leon
3) Usman
4) Burns
5) JDM
6) Neal
7) Belal
8) Colby's bum ass

Can we finally put this to rest? Those 2 "close" losses to Usman, where only he got dropped and his jaw broken, were a silly reason to hold him above other, better contenders. Glad it's dead in the water
Don't worry about this #2 shit he's gonna be #1 after he whoops Leon Scott's azz boi!!

Best fighters in the WW imo
1) Shavkat
2) Leon
3) Usman
4) Burns
5) JDM
6) Neal
7) Belal
8) Colby's bum ass
You have to add Magny seeing as he beat Neal then, and I like JDM too but he just beat Randy fucking Brown.

You have to add Magny seeing as he beat Neal then, and I like JDM too but he just beat Randy fucking Brown.
I think Neal beats Magny now and JDM has great potential. I can honestly see him beat Belal rn lol.

From one angle, he's done better against Usman against anyone. If you only look at that angle, he's the clear #1.

From another angle, he has cherry picked his fights for the last half decade and hasn't "earned" his rung on the ladder. If you only look at that angle, he's certainly not the clear #1.

These statements are not mutually exclusive. Folks just tend to choose one argument or the other.

All things considered, it's pretty damn hard to argue with Edwards' take on this whole thing:

“Khamzat [Chimaev] and me were calling each other out for years. This is a guy that I got matched up with three times in a row. I took the [Chimaev] fight and [Covington] didn’t take the fight and he’s getting rewarded for not taking the fight. When it was me, I got removed from the rankings....It makes no sense at all. So let’s see how it plays out, he has to go out there and earn his way like I had to do.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back