"Colby is the clear number 2"

ohhh sick burn. i don't know how i'll ever recover from this. I imagine Colby rightfully getting his shot will help.
A repeated loser finally getting his gifted win helps you somehow? That's some pathetic vicarious shit, man. You talk about WWE fans having meltdowns, then hang your hat on your tears of joy when Hulk Hogan gets his belt?

I hate so much talk revolving around Colby, and I'm sure you think that makes him a genius but a) your bar for "genius" is real low and b) I don't watch to see him lose. The hate he tries to generate earns him nothing out of me, so I'm fine when it comes to him. And again, I actually know what words mean, so I'm pretty fine compared to you too.

But hey, if Colby winning really helps you recover from things, then .. hell, best of luck with that. Maybe you'll get a hobby instead

**arguable #2.
He very well may be; but since he doesn't fight often, we don't really know.
i think its by design though. Him taking fights against say Burns who has basically won his way back in after losing to Khamzat and losing would have been a devastating career choice whereas right now he's being considered even if it is arguable.
fighting backwards in rank is admirable but not helpful if its anything but a win.

Point was it's incredibly narrowminded to think that people only dislike Colby because he wore a red hat

Im still waiting for one of you losers to post something he said that was bigoted or racist

Well I personally think he would fuck up Mohammed. It's a tiny bit too early for Shavkat and he had a war with Neal. Jorge has no business in there, Burns is right around the corner...

Can't think of much else

Yeah but you don’t get credit for who you might beat. You need to actually fight someone to get the credit for beating them. Colby has been way too inactive and his wins haven’t aged well.

A repeated loser finally getting his gifted win helps you somehow? That's some pathetic vicarious shit, man. You talk about WWE fans having meltdowns, then hang your hat on your tears of joy when Hulk Hogan gets his belt?

I hate so much talk revolving around Colby, and I'm sure you think that makes him a genius but a) your bar for "genius" is real low and b) I don't watch to see him lose. The hate he tries to generate earns him nothing out of me, so I'm fine when it comes to him. And again, I actually know what words mean, so I'm pretty fine compared to you too.

But hey, if Colby winning really helps you recover from things, then .. hell, best of luck with that. Maybe you'll get a hobby instead
Some pretty presumptuous stuff there. Just to rest your precious feelings i'll just tell you outright, i'm a Canadian citizen so i don't have a dog in the fight. Its all just entertainment to me and even better when its clear how affected people are by it. Colby is a deserving top 5 whether you like it or not... i don't care man. If you like being butthurt keep tightly holding your politics and applying them to your entertainment. I'll keep enjoying it carefree!

How can he be the #2 when the guy who beat him twice and finished him is the clear #2?
Usman is on the downswing.

Colby was basically on par, dead even with him skill wise during his peak.

Assuming he hasn't lost a step himself, I think it's fair to put him above Usman at this point.

Colby probably puts up a better fight than anyone else In the division at this point. All due respect to Muhammed.

Two razor thin decisions to the former king are losses, but they also demonstrated more in terms of ability than anyone else has shown so far.

I don't think anyone else would have that level of success against Usman.

People look way too deeply into the L on someone's record and ignore context, as if losing automatically puts someone at the back of the line, regardless of what took place.

Its silly. Same thing happening with Stipe Jones. Like having one of the most accomplished resumes in the divisions history counts for nothing because of a single loss. It obviously still means more than what anyone else has accomplished In the division.

Some pretty presumptuous stuff there. Just to rest your precious feelings i'll just tell you outright, i'm a Canadian citizen so i don't have a dog in the fight. Its all just entertainment to me and even better when its clear how affected people are by it. Colby is a deserving top 5 whether you like it or not... i don't care man. If you like being butthurt keep tightly holding your politics and applying them to your entertainment. I'll keep enjoying it carefree!
People love picking sides and riding with that side until the end, irregardless of logic and evidence.

Makes these sort of debates very tricky to navigate at times.

i think its by design though. Him taking fights against say Burns who has basically won his way back in after losing to Khamzat and losing would have been a devastating career choice whereas right now he's being considered even if it is arguable.
fighting backwards in rank is admirable but not helpful if its anything but a win.

I've been saying for a few years now that he'll only take title fights and high profile low risk fights against guys (like TWood or Jorge) that look good on paper and can keep him in the title picture.

If his contact is set up right, it might be the best way to do it.
Does he ever make PPV points, though?
Per: https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022...ceiving-pay-per-view-points-vs-jorge-masvidal he's not.

I'd think that he would fight more often; but <Neil01>

Assuming he hasn't lost a step himself, I think it's fair to put him above Usman at this point.

Colby probably puts up a better fight than anyone else In the division at this point. All due respect to Muhammed.

Two razor thin decisions to the former king are losses, but they also demonstrated more in terms of ability than anyone else has shown so far.

People look way too deeply into the L on someone's record and ignore context, as if losing automatically puts someone at the back of the line, regardless of what took place.

Its silly. Same thing happening with Stipe Jones. Like having one of the most accomplished resumes in the divisions history counts for nothing because of a single loss. It obviously still means more than what anyone else has accomplished In the division.
"Two razor thin decisions"

What? He got his jaw broken and was finished in the first fight. Even did his best Ronda impression when he ran out of the arena. Crazy how you Colby fans have tried to rewrite history with your bullshit narratives

Colby only has one decision loss on his record.

I've been saying for a few years now that he'll only take title fights and high profile low risk fights against guys (like TWood or Jorge) that look good on paper and can keep him in the title picture.

If his contact is set up right, it might be the best way to do it.
Does he ever make PPV points, though?
Per: https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022...ceiving-pay-per-view-points-vs-jorge-masvidal he's not.

I'd think that he would fight more often; but <Neil01>
That i don't know either. Despite his talk of stardom i'm not entirely sold he's the draw he claims lol

Who should get it over Colby? I heard all the reasons people think he's undeserving, but no case for anyone to get a shot over him lol

Belal - hasn't lost since 2019 (9 fights), he has ranked wins in that run. He has unfinished business with the champ.
Shavkat - Undefeated prospect with 17 fights and 17 stoppages almost perfectly split between strikes and subs. His last 2 fights were ranked guys.

Nobody in line for a shot at a title fight has a better record than Colby against top tier figthers period. Don't let your hate towards a gimmick sway facts.

People love picking sides and riding with that side until the end, irregardless of logic and evidence.

Makes these sort of debates very tricky to navigate at times.
Solid points on both accounts and very similar to how i see it.

Shavkat finishing Neal is more impressive than anything Colby has ever done in an octagon

I never said he did, I really don't care what Colby says my complaint is all the ducking, inactivity and entitlement.. you know things that actually have something to do with fights
Speaking of entitlement, people acting like plans havent been in the works and the world should suddenly revolve around belal. Who also ducks fights

Belal - hasn't lost since 2019 (9 fights), he has ranked wins in that run. He has unfinished business with the champ.
Shavkat - Undefeated prospect with 17 fights and 17 stoppages almost perfectly split between strikes and subs. His last 2 fights were ranked guys.

Shavkat and belal is the fight to make for a #1 contender imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back