Social Don Lemon is out at CNN

They're replacing him with that Gayle King, Charles Barkley show. People were wondering where the money was going to come from to pay them...now they know, lol.
This 2 things have zero in common. Lemon was "only" earning $4M.

I've been on Twitter. Saw two jokes about Lemon, but that's it. No one giving a shit.
The backbone of his support has been liberal women. Since he got demoted to the morning show he had the controversy about Nikki Haley's age and her not being in her 'prime' (suspended), arguments with the female panel about equal pay in sports, and getting into fights on and off air with his female cohosts, and he bemoaned the departure of Cuomo who was fired largely due to sexual harassment allegations. And that's just off the top of my head and barely paying attention.

I'm not surprised nobody gives a shit about him getting fired. Who's he got left?

They're replacing him with that Gayle King, Charles Barkley show. People were wondering where the money was going to come from to pay them...now they know, lol.

Lol that what? Is that a joke?

Gayle King is a decent upgrade and she exudes class. Not sure what Barkley's going to do on CNN, sounds turrible

Glad to see him gone. He wasn't particular good and is a loose canon when it comes to off the cuff remarks. He is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

What do you think would happen to any other host, if they told a minority guest that their opinion was irrelevant because they were, and I quote, "...whatever race you are."

It was one of the most openly racist remarks ever uttered on CNN, but the big problem for Lemon was that he didn't say it to a white guy this time.

A black guy telling someone who isn't black how that person shouldn't have an opinion on how it feels to be black.

Yeah, super racist.

I always wondered how Lemon was ever in his position. There have to be a lot of gay black guys with more charisma than him.

Tucker and Lemon? No great loss in either cases.

The backbone of his support has been liberal women. Since he got demoted to the morning show he had the controversy about Nikki Haley's age and her not being in her 'prime' (suspended), arguments with the female panel about equal pay in sports, and getting into fights on and off air with his female cohosts, and he bemoaned the departure of Cuomo who was fired largely due to sexual harassment allegations. And that's just off the top of my head and barely paying attention.

I'm not surprised nobody gives a shit about him getting fired. Who's he got left?

It's also almost all old people who watch cable news. People here who do are weirdos. I never understood anyone passionately hating the guy, and for the same reason, I can't understand anyone really liking him. He's just kind of there, saying stuff that mostly isn't that controversial or interesting. Haven't seen a ton of him, though, so maybe I'm missing something.

I saw plenty of people whining, but I guess it didn't happen because you didn't see it.

Well, you said the other guy hasn't been on Twitter because he said no one gives a shit. I said that I've been on Twitter and I also haven't seen evidence that anyone gives a shit. But if it's really important to you to feel that people care a lot, I won't try to stop you.

A black guy telling someone who isn't black how that person shouldn't have an opinion on how it feels to be black.

Yeah, super racist.

Saying 'you don't how it feels to be black' implies there's a single black experience in America and that's obviously nonsense.

It's also almost all old people who watch cable news. People here who do are weirdos. I never understood anyone passionately hating the guy, and for the same reason, I can't understand anyone really liking him. He's just kind of there, saying stuff that mostly isn't that controversial or interesting. Haven't seen a ton of him, though, so maybe I'm missing something.
I dislike him, but not strongly, it's more his lack of intelligence, effort, and an undeserved sense of righteousness and superiority. It's a combo I can't stand in any person - I run into it a lot in the WR, but rarely in my personal life. Hard for me to get used to.

Back