Bellator 295 Stots vs Mix

I know, but has Keoni had a history of it? I think he just got hit in the crossfire of Borg's fuck up
Yeah sounds that way. Coker wounded pretty pissed, he even mentioned the possibility of cutting Bennet, too if she losses.

Yeah sounds that way. Coker wounded pretty pissed, he even mentioned the possibility of cutting Bennet, too if she losses.
Bennett is also another routine weight misser.

Both Borg and Bellator deserve blame. For Borg why take a fight at 125 after building a winning streak both in the cage and on the scale at 135? Like, hindsight is 20/20 but what the hell was he thinking? Meanwhile Bellator is having a random fight at 125? They don't even have that division. I get that Horiguchi probably wanted it but either accommodate him by opening a division or tell him no and have him fight Borg at 135 lol.

I'm not saying he has any blame but for what it's worth the idea that Horiguchi can't hang at 135 is off base. He was winning every second of the Pettis fight. Mix is like the biggest bantamweight in the world. Hindsight is 20/20 but that's always going to be a tough ask. That's just one guy though, I still think he can hang with and defeat many elite bantamweights.

Both Borg and Bellator deserve blame. For Borg why take a fight at 125 after building a winning streak both in the cage and on the scale at 135? Like, hindsight is 20/20 but what the hell was he thinking? Meanwhile Bellator is having a random fight at 125? They don't even have that division. I get that Horiguchi probably wanted it but either accommodate him by opening a division or tell him no and have him fight Borg at 135 lol.

I'm not saying he has any blame but for what it's worth the idea that Horiguchi can't hang at 135 is off base. He was winning every second of the Pettis fight. Mix is like the biggest bantamweight in the world. Hindsight is 20/20 but that's always going to be a tough ask. That's just one guy though, I still think he can hang with and defeat many elite bantamweights.
Signing Borg to fight Horiguchi at 125 made sense, tbh. He was the best free agent with some name recognition that could made a competitive fight against Horiguchi at 125. It just sucks that he is so bad at making weight.

This turned out to be a fun event for once. Pico and yancy are always fun to watch and mix delivered, hes turned into a really really dangerous fighter.

Good event, almost every bout was entertaining even tho tons went to decision. James Gonzalez is a tough Mofo, he was eating body shots from Pico like nothing. Mix KO was surprising but he is such an interesting guy at that weight.

McFarlane vs. Kana....... McFarlane did more damage in the bout so I guess they scored that as it should. Yancy vs. Leary was sloppy fun but nice to see Yancy get the win

Mix is an absolute monster. Great for him, putting it all together. Pico is a beast, I do worry that the discipline that they've given him might potentially make him boring, but I think his skill set allows him to be most anyone. Dunno if we will get many finishes at the top level though.

Mix keeps showing new elements of his game each time out. The guy's run through this tournament has launched him into another stratosphere in my opinion. He debuted a revamped, stinging jab against Magomedov now used it to set up Stots with that knee. No doubt he's an evolved fighter from the guy who lost to Archuleta.

Mix keeps showing new elements of his game each time out. The guy's run through this tournament has launched him into another stratosphere in my opinion. He debuted a revamped, stinging jab against Magomedov now used it to set up Stots with that knee. No doubt he's an evolved fighter from the guy who lost to Archuleta.
Dude is barely 26, too. His style is pure poison for wrestlers, which the division is filled with. I think he is probably the BW with the highest ceiling in MMA right now.

Back