What does George do for living post UFC career?

What does he do for living now that he retired from UFC?

I mean he is not rich like Conor and with prices so high, I cant see him surviving on 2000s era UFC pay and not to mention that he did not have a business on the side.
He made over 5 million a fight for years

Id imagine he's set for life.

Especially if he made any sort of reasonable investments.

Yeah but is he rich enough to live in a luxury house in L.A or does he live in middle class neighborhood?

Its just that he was the first person to wear a suit and get in to the whole luxury top class image during a time when people walked around with tap out shirts and beanie hat and muscle shirts.
Probably lives in a mansion in a gated community in Quebec.

But yeah, he could've certainly bought a beast of a mansion with the earnings from a single fight.

People live different lives.
With a cold 2M$ in your bank account you can live 40 years worth of spending 50K$ a year.
If you have a paid off property, spending 50K$ per year can guarantee a pretty upscale lifestyle for most standards. Maybe not CMG lifestyle, but not everybody is about that life anyways.

If you put the most part of those 2M$ just into high rating bonds, you can already make more than you spend per year.

Just so you have an understanding of how 'little' money is actually needed to be set for life.
If you are low key, you could live for much less and GSP said himself back when he was active, that a fight brings him about 5M$.
He probably couldn't even find a regular job that would make him even close to what his savings yield him.

Yeah but is he rich enough to live in a luxury house in L.A or does he live in middle class neighborhood?

Its just that he was the first person to wear a suit and get in to the whole luxury top class image during a time when people walked around with tap out shirts and beanie hat and muscle shirts.
He never tried to look luxury top class, he just tried to look professional.

He sold 11 million PPV's & got a piece of it.

11/18/06 UFC 65 Hughes v. GSP II 500,000
04/07/07 UFC 69 GSP v. Serra 400,000
08/25/07 UFC 74 Couture v. Gonzaga 520,000
12/29/07 UFC 79 GSP v. Hughes III 650,000
04/19/08 UFC 83 GSP v. Serra 530,000
08/09/08 UFC 87 GSP / Fitch 625,000
01/31/09 UFC 94 GSP v. Penn II 920,000
07/11/09 UFC 100 Lesnar v. Mir 1,300,000
03/27/10 UFC 111 GSP vs. Hardy 770,000
12/11/10 UFC 124 GSP vs. Koscheck 785,000
04/30/11 UFC 129 GSP vs. Shields 800,000
11/17/12 UFC 154 GSP vs. Condit 700,000
03/16/13 UFC 158 GSP vs Diaz 950,000
11/16/13 UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks 630,000
11/04/17 UFC 217 GSP vs Bisping 875,000

He likely made an equal amount from sponsorship money.
I'd estimate he's probably just as well off as Conor. Don't be fooled just because he doesn't exhibit that side of himself like Conor does.

GSP made a reported 7 million off of his fights. Made more off of other things considering his fame.

No idea what the average salary for a working person is, but let's say it is 70k. The average person would need 100 years to earn that. GSP is doing fine.

GSP definitely made a ton more than 7 million. Good chance near the mid to end point of his reign he was making 5+million per fight. Dude consistently hit 700k PPV as a headliner and pulled in an entire countries veiwerbase. After a certain point he was able to leverage that, he's no fool. The PPV shares are rarely ever disclosed. Then he hade underarmor, Nos and Gatorade commercials, sponsors etc. His networth is probably a lot closer to 30m than 7m.

3-confident.gif

GSP did everything right. Hustled the MW title and then retired, and to keep his mind off of competing and fighting again adopted such a busy and challenging lifestyle that he won't ever get the urge to fight again because his mind is too busy with other things. Khabib tried a similar thing but turns out he needs to be back in the mountains.

Lmao I totally forgot they fought! Must have been when gsot went on like a 4 fight streak.

RDA has fought everybody. It's easy to forget a fight or two. Dude has been fighting in the UFC forever.

What does he do for living now that he retired from UFC?

I mean he is not rich like Conor and with prices so high, I cant see him surviving on 2000s era UFC pay and not to mention that he did not have a business on the side.
I am pretty sure he was wise with his earnings and invested them. He's loaded.

This thread is funny. We need to sign GSP up for food stamps, he is SO poor! lol

GSP made 10 million off the Bisping fight alone, and many millions in his other fights, so he made more than 7 million in single fights.

“You read I made $400,000 a match? No. I made a lot more than that. A lot more than that. Millions. When I was at the peak of my career, I was making many millions of dollars. Because you not only get the money to show and the money to win, but you also have a percentage of the gate and pay-per-view buys — the gate and the pay-per-views are where the real money is. That’s how fighters make their money. But you need to have the power to negotiate those terms.”

“There’s a lot of people buried in the desert for much less than what I made for that fight, my friend,” St-Pierre wrote. “For the fight with Michael Bisping, with the pay-per-views, the sponsorship and all that, I made about $10 million. Then in 2019, I got out. I’m very lucky and very privileged that I finished on top. The reality is most fighters finish broke and broken. They hang there too long. They get brain damage. They go broke.

“I’m very healthy and I’m wealthy. It’s very rare to find someone that hangs up his gloves and finishes on top like this.”

Georges St-Pierre reveals details of past UFC negotiations, career earnings: ‘I was making many millions of dollars’ - MMA Fighting
The GOAT saying GOAT stuff, as usual.

GSP is too smart not to have invested his money wisely. I feel it's safe to assume he and his family are set for life.

GSP made a reported 7 million off of his fights. Made more off of other things considering his fame.

No idea what the average salary for a working person is, but let's say it is 70k. The average person would need 100 years to earn that. GSP is doing fine.
I think he made 3-5 mils per fight

Go ask him TS. Who the fuck cares?

Are you a retired UFC superstar? I don't think his advice would work for you.

He does the odd commercials as well as other things.

And I bet people pay him to show up to events or something like that.

I'm sure he's getting paid decently.

Plus I'm sure he made loads of money as a fighter.

Yes this is also a big concern for me, I hope he can afford to pay the gas bill.

Back