UFC 300, What did you expect?

WolfPackHunter

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
UFC 300 yes its going to be the biggest card in UFC history just as UFC 200 and UFC 100 was before that. However fans seem to be let down by the main event so I want to ask real MMA fans.... What main event were you hoping for? If you are disappointed with the Light Heavyweight title being contested by 2 animalistic killers what was YOUR idea of a huge fight.

Please do not mention Conor "don't want a fight" McGregor or Khabib who promised on his dead father he would stay retired (that vow will NEVER BE broken)

I mean, you sound about as smart as someone complaining about people who aren't happy that their only choices for president are "Ancient Dementia-Rattled Trump or Paleozoic-era Alzheimer's Biden". . .
"Well, who would you prefer?" . . . people who aren't available, obviously.

That being said, I don't have a problem with the main-event, but Hill has lost all momentum and Poatan is great, but somewhat of a recent phenomenon. I get why there's not that much steam for it being the headline of the **Greatest MMA Event** in history.

What main event were you hoping for?
Something crazy, as Dana said

"You guys can't handle the main event. We're working on a couple of different options. Trust me, the UFC 300 main event is going to be crazy." /Dana White

It's 100% Dana's fault the expectations were set too high.
If he said "We're looking for a solid title fight as the main event" we would be happy with Pereira vs Hill.
But he made it sound like it was gonna be something like
* A super fight like Islam vs Leon
* Pereira at HW, maybe Pereira vs Jon
* Conor

Dana is a promoter and he had to keep selling UFC 300 when he couldn't seal the deal on a main event. It seemed everything one side was up to fight the other was not. I think he was right not to make Islam vs Leon as both men still have killers to fight in their own divisions and Islam has just hosted the FW champ in his last 2. McGregor was always a no go as he has not wanted to fight since being found out in his real weight class. I blame us the fans for demanding some mind blowing main event but we all know the roster of fighters, we all know the champions and we all know whose fit to fight and who is not.
Adesanya vs DDP and all that comes with that fight was pretty big but DDP would not fight even with a high bonus, I personally think if Aspinall was the REAL champ at HW we would definitely be seeing Alex vs Tom because Alex would have the chance to be a 3 weight world champ and that would have been mind blowing especially given his limited UFC fights but Jones and Stipe playing stupid blew that chance.

I mean, you sound about as smart as someone complaining about people who aren't happy that their only choices for president are "Ancient Dementia-Rattled Trump or Paleozoic-era Alzheimer's Biden". . .
"Well, who would you prefer?" . . . people who aren't available, obviously.

That being said, I don't have a problem with the main-event, but Hill has lost all momentum and Poatan is great, but somewhat of a recent phenomenon. I get why there's not that much steam for it being the headline of the **Greatest MMA Event** in history.
Brother I am British but can still safely say I would rather have Trump who seems to have all his wits about him and more. The man done more for America in his 4 years than any president in my years of being politically minded.

I totally understand your point regards injuries etc and I just highlighted that a moment ago that we the fans knew what fights were possible and which were not and of the possible fights none are better than we got, maybe equal too but not better

the main event is more a reflection of the current stock of champions.

Jon Jones is a fake champ wanting to defend against stipe which isn't worthy to headline this event (if anything it's a fight that should open the card). Tom Aspinal doesn't have any cred being the interim - the UFC is basically trying to give him the DC treatment.

LHW poatan is a great fighter but hasn't fully been embraced by the casuals and mainstream. Jamahal hill no one really knows about him. This would be a worthy co main

MW - DDP just fought. Izzy vs Khamzat would have excited people but khamzat only wants mismatches or he is banned from the US if you believe his fans.

WW - Leon doens't have the full support of the fans yet. They are still mourning the fall of usman. Belal is banned from fighting as they dont' want him to go up and talk about gaza afterwards. Shavkat vs leon would have been a worthy fight to add to the card though but not a main event that excites the mainstream/casuals

LW - islam just doesn't fight. One might a year in UAE is his thing and he doesn't seem interested in fighting anyone at LW.

FW - volk just fought, maybe ilia could fight at this event. ilia vs volk would have been a great main for this. FW is also a slim division. Volk and Max have cleaned up everyone else so ilia doesn't really have an enticing person to fight now except AA or evolvev.

BW - Suga is over with causals and the mainstream. Well the most over star. Him vs chito could have been worthy of a main for this card.

FLW - who cares about this division. it has about 4 fighters.

Last edited:
UFC 300 yes its going to be the biggest card in UFC history just as UFC 200 and UFC 100 was before that.

UFC 200 was not in the top TEN ppv events, so starting off with a lie is not a good look for you homie.

UFC 300 is absolutely not going to be the #1 selling event, without Conor, which is not happening.

I was expecting Jon Jones to get in there with Francis Ngannou and then after the fight the winner would declare themselves the best HW fighter of all time and then Fedor Emeilianenko would come out. Oh, and Dana would die choking on a jelly bean. That’s what I was hoping for.

If you are disappointed with the Light Heavyweight title being contested by 2 animalistic killers what was YOUR idea of a huge fight.
“2 animalistic killers.”
Why do White Belts even start threads? Do they have a fetish for being ridiculed?

I don't know about expected, as that is dependant on timing. But it should have had some kind of super fight/mega fight in the main event. Today in 2024 though that is very difficult to achieve as the sport no longer has as many superstars.

ronda+rousey.jpeg

I assume TS is either Dana or one of Dana's employees.

In any event, it's dubious to pretend this is a great main event when it was WAY down the list of fights the UFC actually wanted -- this was nothing more than a desperate last-minute concession.

Not only did this fall WAY short of the "crazy" main event Dana was promising, but it also left 301 without a real main event.

200s main event was a chick fight, but they only put it there because it was for a belt. Everyone knew the real main event was the return of Brock lesnar after many years

Back