Media Sean OMalley Guillotines Gomi

I really don't wanna live in a world where Gomi gets submitted by someone like O'Malley.

no-michael-scott.gif

Last edited:

Old. And Gomi sold out and was past his prime for all of UFC. He just agreed to do team BJJ for Quintet because that was Sakuraba's grappling org and UFC was promoting it. Rumble also was on this card. Gomi also got subd by Shane Roller at a UFC expo so clearly he wasn't seriously training grappling

I really don't wanna live in a world where Gomi gets submitted by someone like O'Malley.

no-michael-scott.gif

gomi always was a wrestler not a sub fighter. most of his losses came via sub. the dude had a brick ass head and could take a shot but never did i see him as this submission powerhouse i always saw that as a way to beat him because he is hard to finish otherwise.
on top of this there were fights and grappling matches where gomi just looks to give up. to get lethargic and over tired and just sort of give it up not surprising that happened against a fast guy with good conditioning .

Poor Gomi has been washed since he couldn't put the bottle down and train seriously over a decade ago. He was also a boxer/wrestler with a granite chin and brick fists. Gomi is a perfect example of how this sport's fighters have evened out their skill sets and the size difference in weight classes from then and now. Gomi will always be underrated on these boards. At his apex, the guy was a fucking killer, faults and all.

no-michael-scott.gif
Well, I thought the universe was on the way to being right side up but it appears it’s still upside down.

gomi always was a wrestler not a sub fighter. most of his losses came via sub. the dude had a brick ass head and could take a shot but never did i see him as this submission powerhouse i always saw that as a way to beat him because he is hard to finish otherwise.
on top of this there were fights and grappling matches where gomi just looks to give up. to get lethargic and over tired and just sort of give it up not surprising that happened against a fast guy with good conditioning .

Back