Sean O'Malley vs. Merab Dvalishvili or Sean O'Malley vs. Ilia Topuria - Which fight would you rather see?

Which fight would you rather see?

• Total voters
For a sport born with no weight classes, that many sherdoggers think it has "too many divisions already", they surely hate when someone goes after the champion from another division...

Omalley vs Topuria of course, i dont like Omalley and i think he loses to Merab 10/10 times, but i also like to be entertained while watching...
Bro really just compared the Royce Gracie days to current times lmao. Im glad it ain't about you.

Merab FTW

don't wanna see suga splattered so i am gonna go for the merab matchup. he needs a couple more defenses before facing a monster like ilia.

Merab is on a ten fight win streak. He's just beaten Aldo, Yan and Cejudo in his last three fights. He deserves it. O’Malley should also rack up more defenses in his own division before even being allowed to go up and try to win another belt.

Keep in mind, he publicly refused to fight the champion and refused a title eliminator. If you jam up the division by refusing to move along, you are to blame. I'd also argue he's securing a title shot without really fighting his peers in the top 5.

#6 Henry Cejudo hadn't won a fight in near 4 years when he fought Merab. He was gifted a title shot and lost, and was fighting coming off a loss. He looked like it.

He fought Yan coming off back to back losses. Aldo in his retirement fight in a absolute stinker.

I agree Merab is 100% the #1 contender, but I don't think its some injustice he didn't get a title shot yet.

{<huh}

What a load of crap. I don't know what the hell you're smoking, but you're clearly drinking the haterade. Merab's last 3 wins have literally all been against top 5 fighters. Also LMAO at you trying to downplay those fights.

He dominated Aldo (ranked no 3) in the clinch like no one ever has before. Aldo was on a 3 fight win streak and everyone expected him to fight for the title. He didn't face Aldo in his retirement fight, he retired Aldo and took away his title shot. Fans are still salty about that to this day.

He dominated Yan (ranked no 2) coming off a split decision loss to the current champ that 90% of fans think Yan won.

He beat an Olympic level wrestler (ranked no 3) and double champ at his own game who was coming off a split decision loss to the champ.

Merab has an insanely good resume, lol at trying to pick it apart. If he had fought Sandhagen instead of Cejudo you'd just come up with some BS excuse about Sandhagen's last fight being a stinker and him losing to Yan so somehow the win doesn't count.

I’m not obsessed with the ranking. To be honest. Ilia verse Sean is very interesting.

{<huh}

What a load of crap. I don't know what the hell you're smoking, but you're clearly drinking the haterade. Merab's last 3 wins have literally all been against top 5 fighters. Also LMAO at you trying to downplay those fights.

He dominated Aldo (ranked no 3) in the clinch like no one ever has before. Aldo was on a 3 fight win streak and everyone expected him to fight for the title. He didn't face Aldo in his retirement fight, he retired Aldo and took away his title shot. Fans are still salty about that to this day.

He dominated Yan (ranked no 2) coming off a split decision loss to the current champ that 90% of fans think Yan won.

He beat an Olympic level wrestler (ranked no 3) and double champ at his own game who was coming off a split decision loss to the champ.

Merab has an insanely good resume, lol at trying to pick it apart. If he had fought Sandhagen instead of Cejudo you'd just come up with some BS excuse about Sandhagen's last fight being a stinker and him losing to Yan so somehow the win doesn't count.

You are reading into this too much. Merab is awesome and arguably the best in the division. He hasn't fought any of the top guys currently, but they are all exciting fights.

Henry was literally coming off a loss and years of inactivity. He's now 36 and non-factor in the title picture. Merab ending up with that fun but useless fight because he refused a title eliminator or to fight the previous champion. That is not my opinion that is linear reality as it happened.

cringe thread
full of non binary redditors

The #1 contender of the division. I'm so god damn tired of champs moving up. The only one I've supported recently was over in ONE because of the first triple weight champion prospect. Other than that we seriously need to have a minimum of 5 defenses before challenging for another title. This zero or one title defense crap needs to stop now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back