Ilia Topuria Advises Sean O'Malley to Defend Title Before Moving Up a Division

oooh Special Secretary of Shitposting has a nice ring to it

Yup, its official sir.

You're in like Flynn, as that does have a nice ring to it lol.

You should put that on your account where I have Chief of Sherdog lol

hahaha done. This administration is going to do great things.

@Sasha is our French ambassador .

Only the best people in this administration so far sir ;)

They both need to cool it with the moving up talk and simply defend the belts in their respective divisions.

This double champ bullshit has literally fucked the UFC. Good job McDoofus.

Aw man, I was hoping I could post this lol.

So true though..

Champions should clear out their divisions first BUT they should also have to enter the queue of the next division's list of contenders and clear out at least one of the top contenders there waiting in line. A example would be if Max were to some how beat Gaejthe and Islam already has a win over everyone ranked above Gaejthe then that fight would make sense but if Ilia , who has beaten no one in the top 10 at LW and has not even beaten Max wants to cut in line that is ridiculous.

Both guys need to defend the belt a couple of times before we schedule a Superfight. Merab should get a crack first at the 135 pound title. I am in favour of Volk getting a rematch for the title he held for years. Then you got guys like Max and Ortega as other contenders waiting in the wings at 145. At 135, after Merab you got a guy like Sandhagen as a guy that O'Malley has waiting for him. People need to tone down this Superfight Talk between Ilia and Sean, after both guys do more work in their division.
DGUXJ-wVYAElTVV.jpg:large

They both need to defend their titles. Also, i personally think that Sean knows he would stand a better chance against Illia than Merab due to the whole "styles make fights" sort of thing.

clickbait title made it sound like Ilia was being a hyprocrite when he's really just looking out for a fellow georgian

At least Sugar has already defended, even though it was a non top 5, hand picked opponent. Ilia is delusional to make a statement like that with zero defenses and wanting Islam. Ilia looking out for a countryman I guess, as I don't think he's got any issue whatsoever stopping O'malley.

Sugar sees a fight ahead of him in Merab that could absolutely be the end of him as a champion for the rest of his career, so he's definitely gonna chase 145.

Suga should defend because he's got plenty of challenges at BW.

Topuria on the other hand, doesn't really need to defend the FW belt because through beating Volk he's basically cleaned out the division. He may as well go up to LW and bounce Bumlam's dome of the canvas within 2 rounds for an easy second strap.

Can we (the UFC) make a rule that you have to defend your belt at least 3 times before challenging for another? Ideally 5. Multiple champ status should be reserved for great champions, not just guys looking to get more money and attention - especially with 0 or 1 defense. If you gave every new champion an instant title shot in another class there would be a lot of them winning. It's turning out to not be as hard as we thought and its not special anymore. It's getting damn boring.

Yup, its official sir.

“In like Flint”
Yup, its official sir.

In like Flint not Flynn, is the correct statement it was the name of a movie about a super spy starring James Coburn and it has been around for many decades.

being double-champ is overrated as hell. i'd rather have the reputation of having defended one belt many times like anderson and gsp, than win one fight in another division against only one fighter and pretending like you're a double champ.

He better make sure he follows his own advice then

“In like Flint”

In like Flint not Flynn, is the correct statement it was the name of a movie about a super spy starring James Coburn and it has been around for many decades.
I know you meant well but you're wrong sir.

"In like Flynn" is a slang phrase meaning "having quickly or easily achieved a goal or gained access as desired."

I know you meant well but you're wrong sir.

"In like Flynn" is a slang phrase meaning "having quickly or easily achieved a goal or gained access as desired."
Goggle it, the meaning is correct but there is no one named Flynn.

Goggle it, the meaning is correct but there is no one named Flynn.

I don't have to goggle it, I know what saying I was saying and what I meant by it.

You just want to be right, and you're not sir.

I don't have to goggle it, I know what saying I was saying and what I meant by it.

You just want to be right, and you're not sir.
I told you it's point of origin (the movie In Like Flint) it's literal meaning (in like the super spy Flint) and that in like Flynn literally has no meaning as there is no one named Flynn but you do you, I tried. While you are changing quotations around that do not mean anything you can take Julius Caesar's saying "I came, I saw , I conquered " and change it to "I came , I saw, I sprawled." At least it would literally mean something even though it is not the correct saying either. Ciao

Back