Ilia Topuria Advises Sean O'Malley to Defend Title Before Moving Up a Division

Topuria's better off here, he'd the favorite against all his contenders, O'Malley's f*cked against Merab

Do you want Topuria vs Suga Sean?
Nope

Suga should defend?
Yup

Topuria should defend?
Yup

Topuria vs Volk 2 and Suga vs Merab Mega Card?
Topuria vs Volk 2 would be ok but kinda sick of rematches, so....someone else.
O'Malley should fight Merab. And hopefully get dominated by Merab.
oh and Dana should tell the Pink poodle that there is
"NO MORE pink clothes and dyeing your hair is now not permitted so STFU don't whine just try to act normal, you weirdo."

Illia, a guy who never defended his belt, telling O'malley, a guy who just defended his belt, that he should defend.

LOL

Hand sanitizer boy needs to shut up and defend his own belt before telling other people what to do. At least O'Malley has one defense. I think its about time Paddy slaps Ilia again.

Pinky better defend against Merab

If Aljo wins his next fight, and some how Pinky beats Merab... I want to see Pinky VS Aljo 2 as well

This. Though I agree that all newly crowned champs need to chill out with this super fight "champ champ" BS.

But Ilia is literally doing a pot meet kettle, do as I say, not as I do weird retort on this one. Lol

I was waiting for someone to say it wtf

Good guy Ilia trying to hook up his fellow Georgian with the title shot

The irony.

Topuria talking about wanting Islam meanwhile Sean has actually defended the title in his own division

Topuria wanting his fellow Gerogian to get his overdue title shot. TBF there is nobody at 145 as deserving of a title shot rn as Merab is at 135. Who deserves the shot at 145? Ortega with his 1 fight win streak? Volk rematch? Max is fighting Gaethje.. Evloev maybe but he's ranked #5.

But you're calling out Mcgregor at any weight? Lol.. Would love to see this fight and I love watching both but Topuria doesn't make any sense here lol

Topuria needs to take his own advice.

Didnt he just defended it tho? Topuria on the other hand...looking to get manhandled and potentially submitted/TKO'd by Islam, too small for LW.

ilia is bona fide trash though

But is this guy drunk??.

Didnt he just do the exact same thing calling out Islam and Fucking conor ...

He should take his own advice...

You just did.

Me and @Elvis. will keep this in mind when we move up sir lol.
You're on the rise in our eyes ;)

Topuria's better off here, he'd the favorite against all his contenders, O'Malley's f*cked against Merab

Good man. Hes looking out for merab

GHRdJpZXQAAhzmj

images

GITzmiRXoAE7k53.jpg:large

I just want Topuria vs Holloway and Evloev, if I get those two fights I'm good.

O'Malley needs to fight Merab next and then the winner of Umar vs Sandhagen.

These two men have a few absolutely stud contenders waiting for them. If they put in a couple successful defenses and still wanna, then sure.

Ilia-Topuria2.jpg

While Ilia Topuria is eyeing another belt before defending his featherweight title, he has advised Sean O'Malley to defend the bantamweight strap once more before making a double-champ bid.

O’Malley successfully defended his bantamweight title for the first time with a dominant unanimous decision win over Marlon Vera in the main event at UFC 299 on Saturday. Going into the fight, “Suga” had been rallying for a clash against Topuria if he defeated Vera.

O’Malley reiterated his callout in his post-fight Octagon interview while also keeping the door open for another bantamweight title defense against Merab Dvalishvili if the UFC wants to go in that direction.

“I want Illia. Baby, give me Illia… He’s a scary f—-ng dude. Illia excites me, going up a weight class excites me but I’m honestly here for whatever,” O’Malley said. If you guys want me to knockout Merab, I’ll do that too, but Illia is the exciting fight for the people.”

Dvalishvili, who was also the backup fighter for the UFC 299 headliner, is riding a 10-fight winning streak and widely considered to be rightful contender for the next shot at the 135-pound belt. While O’Malley hasn’t committed to anything for his next appearance, Topuria offered a little direction to the bantamweight champion in response on social media.

“Suga, congrats.. Was a beautiful performance! “ Topuria wrote on X. “There is a fight chasing you with Merab.. Get that done first.”

both of these guys need to shut the fuck up and defend their belts. neither one is anywhere close to the goat of their respective divisions, let alone goat of mma. if they won’t defend, strip and cut them.

both of these guys need to shut the fuck up and defend their belts. neither one is anywhere close to the goat of their respective divisions, let alone goat of mma. if they won’t defend, strip and cut them.
Omalley just defended it.

Champions should clear out their divisions first BUT they should also have to enter the queue of the next division's list of contenders and clear out at least one of the top contenders there waiting in line. A example would be if Max were to some how beat Gaejthe and Islam already has a win over everyone ranked above Gaejthe then that fight would make sense but if Ilia , who has beaten no one in the top 10 at LW and has not even beaten Max wants to cut in line that is ridiculous.

Both guys need to defend the belt a couple of times before we schedule a Superfight. Merab should get a crack first at the 135 pound title. I am in favour of Volk getting a rematch for the title he held for years. Then you got guys like Max and Ortega as other contenders waiting in the wings at 145. At 135, after Merab you got a guy like Sandhagen as a guy that O'Malley has waiting for him. People need to tone down this Superfight Talk between Ilia and Sean, after both guys do more work in their division.

I just want Topuria vs Holloway and Evloev, if I get those two fights I'm good.

O'Malley needs to fight Merab next and then the winner of Umar vs Sandhagen.

These two men have a few absolutely stud contenders waiting for them. If they put in a couple successful defenses and still wanna, then sure.
topgunhighfive_large.gif

Back