• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Random Tito Ortiz Videos MEGA THREAD ***

Maybe he's making a joke about getting "Ortiz'd" as in you can change a surname into a verb by putting "d" on the end, like, "You just got Smith'd" or in Australia we got a famous olympic athlete who won the ice skating gold medal through a stroke of luck, whose name is "Steven Bradbury" Now, if someone bradbury'd something, it means they won it through luck rather than skill.

Maybe he's making a joke about getting "Ortiz'd" as in you can change a surname into a verb by putting "d" on the end, like, "You just got Smith'd" or in Australia we got a famous olympic athlete who won the ice skating gold medal through a stroke of luck, whose name is "Steven Bradbury" Now, if someone bradbury'd something, it means they won it through luck rather than skill.
This is giving Tito a lot more credit than he deserves. I’m guessing he was thinking ahead to the next word, “uncaged,” and since that ends in a “d,” he accidentally put a “d” at the end of his own name as well.

I have watched Tito take photos with fans and he seems like a nice guy, but I have no shame in laughing every time the guy finds a new way to butcher the language.

So obviously he has a speech impediment, honestly no matter how concussed or how intoxicated you are you always remember your own name

giphy.gif

Yeah or like Crocop getting Crocop'ed :(

Given the amount of ridiculous incorrect shit Tito says on a regular basis, this is like the Gettysburg address.

I think he knew he had to say "uncaged" and he just put the ed in front of "ortiz" as well.
Yes, that's exactly right. It's a common thing that people do when reciting a memorized speech, mispronounce one word because they've mixed it up with another word that they're supposed to say. Takes an exceptional human being to mispronounce their own name though.

He meant to say Tito Ortiz's but said Tito Ortiz'd instead

As in a contraction of "Tito Ortiz is uncaged"?
Or, as a possessive, like, "The uncaged of Tito Ortiz"?

I don't buy it. I think the long history of Tito's tongue-slips is pretty overwhelming evidence that he meant to say "Tito Ortiz, uncaged" but just added the "-ed" from "uncaged" unnecessarily to his own name.

Sadly, it's not even close to the biggest slip up he's made.

It's too bad, because not everyone is gifted with locquacious verbal abilities and it can be very stigmatizing if someone isn't great at expressing themself. Some people are unfairly seen as mentally incompetent and/or uneducated/unrefined if they cannot speak comfortaby and fluently. Part of me feels bad for castigating Tito for his brutal language abilities.

On the other hand, he absolutely is a total moron, so it's completely fair. I just feel bad for people who aren't morons but sometimes trip over their words, being lumped in with Tito and painted with the same brush.

Best lightheavyweight speller of the night

Back