was Francis leaving the clearest evidence of WME posters ever?

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Serious question... if there's been a more obvious "set the agenda and take off" example for WME on this forum let me know.

Back when Francis held the belt you couldn't go a few days without seeing a trashy "lol he'd KO prime Fedor so fast" thread. Then OVERNIGHT threads were non-stop conjecture about how his knees didn't exist, how he was 80 years old, was a fraud exposed for being an idiot, was terrified of Jon etc etc.

It was the most blatant PR hit job ever, and the first page of every Francis thread in particular were shithead WME posters bashing Francis and saying how he passed up 5 billion dollars from Dana who was the kindest, greatest, most handsome promoter in human history.

So again... do you think any topic has been MORE clear as to WME posting in threads in order to craft the PR narrative? Tough to think of one off the top of my head.

Happy for you Francis / Serra-good-fuck-em.jpg

Serious question... if there's been a more obvious "set the agenda and take off" example for WME on this forum let me know.

Back when Francis held the belt you couldn't go a few days without seeing a trashy "lol he'd KO prime Fedor so fast" thread. Then OVERNIGHT threads were non-stop conjecture about how his knees didn't exist, how he was 80 years old, was a fraud exposed for being an idiot, was terrified of Jon etc etc.

It was the most blatant PR hit job ever, and the first page of every Francis thread in particular were shithead WME posters bashing Francis and saying how he passed up 5 billion dollars from Dana who was the kindest, greatest, most handsome promoter in human history.

So again... do you think any topic has been MORE clear as to WME posting in threads in order to craft the PR narrative? Tough to think of one off the top of my head.

I agree with almost everything you said, except I don't think it's WME people behind it, it's because MMA fans are generally assholes.

I dunno. The dumbshittery is so vast around here, I didn't even notice any uptick.

I sorta think the "paid shill" thing is overblown - almost a conspiracy theory - and that next week there will be just as much dumbshittery, just pointed in a different direction.

But I don't track these things at all, so I admit my ignorance.

I can think of a better example of UFC employees carrying out their posting orders. I don't remember if it was here or the UG, but fans were organizing a "Fedor" chant during the Brock Lesnar match at UFC 100 (since Dana was being his typical POS self, smearing Fedor for Dana's failures to not be a POS) and you would not believe the sudden massive and obviously-coordinated effort of many dozens of internet posters that appeared, persuading fans to not chant Fedor's name.

It was the first time I really believed in the rumours of paid posters. Since then I've personally experienced multiple businesses encourage their employees to post online in flattering ways, so I absolutely believe a massive media company would do the same.

Also around this time (I think shortly after), an email leaked from UFC that was vaguely incriminating (I believe it discussed general online posting for its staff).

Last edited:
I agree with almost everything you said, except I don't think it's WME people behind it, it's because MMA fans are generally assholes.
You don't think a multi-billion dollar promotion company posts on the biggest forum on Earth related to their industry? Why not?
I dunno. The dumbshittery is so vast around here, I didn't even notice any uptick.

I sorta think the "paid shill" thing is overblown - almost a conspiracy theory - and that next week there will be just as much dumbshittery, just pointed in a different direction.

But I don't track these things at all.
See above. I used to be a "paid poster" (ie: an employee who had "make us look good online" as one of their multiple duties) when I was a kid. It wasn't rocket science and the company I worked for was beyond small-time. The notion any even half-way large company (let alone a multi-billion dollar org) wouldn't seems silly.

Anyway, yeah the problem is the dumbshittery is very often clearly leaning in one direction that benefits one party: WME at the expense of any fighter. Let me put it this way... when was the last COMMON shit take pushed throughout multiple threads that was arrayed AGAINST WME's marketing?

If anyone believes that WME would waste their time or money having people come on Sherdog to derail threads about Ngannou. Then those people would be drastically overstating the importance and influence of this forum.

I know quite a few people that train and are die hards, and many more that are Conor Casuals. And none of them have any clue what Sherdog is when I mention it. They are too busy living their lives.

Or is that exactly what I would say if I were secretly employed by WME???

No, Ronda and Conor
Ronda and Conor were HEAVILY promoted of course but they had natural momentum behind him / they caught on among casuals like crazy.

"Fuck Francis for trying to make money" was so obviously a corporate talking point because casuals, at best, just didn't give a shit. The notion that they'd get overly emotional and make thread after thread after thread because they were upset at the idea of a fighter making bank in boxing is ridiculous.
Also around this time (I think shortly after), an email leaked from UFC that was vaguely incriminating (I believe it discussed general online posting for its staff).
I remember that one yeah ha. Good times. They briefly went radio silent after that one came out.

But I don't track these things at all, so I admit my ignorance.

Well said.

I don't think it's a WME poster thing in here so much as it's a lack of overall intelligence. And that's coming from someone who's been punched in the head quite a few times.

People have such funny impressions of what sherdog is. Somebody will read 15 different posts and then conclude that sherdog as a whole is fickle, or self contradictory. As though the entire website is one person.

You're gonna see threads on all sorts of bullshit here. That's how it works. It's a message board.

Yea blatant hit job, had nothing to do with his performance against Derick Lewis where he was clearly scared. He would have looked like Gane, scared to engage because threat of takedown only to be taken down and submitted with ease

Ngannou isn't in the right: his demands for boxing was ridiculous and harmful to MMA. Now, that the UFC, of course and as always, also is in the wrong doesn't change this fact, and it was therefore that many people went against him.

I dont understand this. I mean most threads that ran on here was in regards to pay.

dana's henchmen monitoring the forums and creating posts.

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wavemeter
Back