If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Virtually almost everyone thinks Stipe is going to lose this fight with Jones. But say if he wins, that would definitely rise his stock up again right?

Would you rank him higher than Fedor Emelianenko as the best HW?

Also for those who think if Stipe is the HW GOAT, is he also in the conversation for the all time GOAT status, just like Fedor is?

stipe-miocic-fedor-emelianenko-split-image.jpg

Last edited:
I'll probably never put anyone over Fedor at HW tbh.

Probably looks like this:
Fedor
Werdum
Stipe

you can swap 2 and 3 and I wouldn't argue.

I'm curious why Werdum is in your top 3?

For the names he's beaten. Granted he never held a belt for long, but He ended both Cain and Fedor's win streaks. I feel like that says a lot.

One could argue that Fedor ended Fedor's streak by stupidly buying the bait and going into Werdum's guard, and Cain ended Cain's streak by stupidly overtrusting his cardio and not acclimatizing to the altitude in Mexico City. At least it would make as much sense or more sense as writing off Stipe's win over Werdum as a mistake...

One could argue that Fedor ended Fedor's streak by stupidly buying the bait and going into Werdum's guard, and Cain ended Cain's streak by stupidly overtrusting his cardio and not acclimatizing to the altitude in Mexico City.
Yeah I mean we can ride that argument all the way to the sherdog classic of no one was ever that good.

If Stipe beats Jones, I think a lot of people will say Jones looked fat/slow/heavy and was truly a LHW blah blah blah.

In my opinion, it would possibly edge him over Fedor.

I'd also argue that if Pavlovich beats Jones, he's in the discussion. Especially because he would likely have to beat him twice, given Jones' history/resume.

He already is #1 in the UFC.

If he defeats Jones - at his age, mileage and layoff time - in a phase of career when people usually either are Arlovski in the UFC/CroCop's return tour in Asia or are touring Bellator etc. either racking up KO losses or Sapping it somewhere... yeah, he's gonna kick Fedor off the historical recrods mountaintop.

Back