If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

• Total voters
Still Nr. 2. But it would be very very impressive if he somehow wins. The guy is 42, has been out for 2 years and got nuked in his last fight.

Sherdog if Stipe wins; MMA GOAT, better than Jones
Sherdog if Jon wins; Stipe is a can crusher, old and should retire, not in the top 10 HW

If either guy wins, it won't mean anything in terms of GOAT status considering both guys are way past their prime.

Sherdog if Stipe wins; MMA GOAT, better than Jones
Sherdog if Jon wins; Stipe is a can crusher, old and should retire, not in the top 10 HW

Jon tests positive for steroids multiple times, You: Steroid is not a big deal, its as potent as protein powder.
Someone else tests positive, You: Steroid is the most powerful PED that exists even today, it litterally turns humans into machines.

Yeah I mean we can ride that argument all the way to the sherdog classic of no one was ever that good.

Having seen that done to my guy time and time again, you make me blush a little with embarrassment. But I still think that Werdum was a little too inconsistent to be rated so highly as #2. Granted he has two very impressive scalps to his name...but it's the only argument I ever see to back up claims to that lofty a ranking. And I can't help but feel in my gut that if you can only pin a reputation on two fights, it's not much of an argument.

he already has the best resume
the hardest competition and wins
lol at pride fanboys arguing fedor whos best wins where cro cop and nog

if there was a HW tournament
the version of fighters that stipe fought would dominate the pride fighters that fedor fought
i dont think fedor can survive against the competition that stipe had

and yes with or without steroids stipe proved he was the HW goat
while the other pride fighter lost left and right in a drug testing org

DC twice, Francis, and Jon Jones are about as good of wins as it gets. I'd have him number 1.

He's already #2 IMO. I don't think beating Jones puts him over Fedor, but he would be #2.

1. Fedor
2. Cro Cop
3. Big Nog
4. Francis
5. Cain
6. Werdum
7. Overeem
8.. JDS
9. Stipe
10. Hunt

He's in the top ten.

Preposterous list.

Stipe literally beat Francis, and KO'd Werdum, Overeem, GDS, and Hunt, all in 1 Round.

It's either

Stipe
Fedor

Or its

Fedor
Stipe

I think Stipe would beat Fedor, however.

Last edited:
He’s already the GOAT HW. I don’t think he can improve on that. But it would be EPIC if he beat down the biggest cheater in ALL of sports that is the biggest asterisk in all of sports.

40 year old post back surgery DC, green Francis who lost to Derrick Lewis in his very next fight and Jones who is now 36 who's best days are clearly behind him.

Nah.
DC always looked great, regardless of age. Francis was gun shy in the Lewis fight and neither guy did anything. And Jon Jones just ran though Gane like nothing. I'll take that over Fedors best wins who were a guy who got out boxed by Frank Mir and a guy who got sent to the shadow realm by Gabe Gonzaga.

If having names on your resume is the only qualification, I guess Jake Paul has an amazing record.

Jon Jones is a great fighter and his light heavyweight run won't probably ever be matched. His comeback win over Ganes was excellent too. With that being said, how big of a win is Gane in the grand scheme of the heavyweight division? That's what people should be asking imo.

What Jon was at LHW is no more and likewise with Stipe

If having names on your resume is the only qualification, I guess Jake Paul has an amazing record.

Jon Jones is a great fighter and his light heavyweight run won't probably ever be matched. His comeback win over Ganes was excellent too. With that being said, how big of a win is Gane in the grand scheme of the heavyweight division? That's what people should be asking imo.

What Jon was at LHW is no more and likewise with Stipe
Gane is a pretty fucking big win I'd say, a huge 250lbs heavyweight who ran through everyone besides Francis up until that point.

Its simple, if Stipe wins, he is the GOAT, if he loses, he was never that good and never my friend
This guy gets it.

Pride was fugazi. Cro cop was fighting Mexican masked wrestlers and Fedor was fighting guys from the circus.

Fedors run was pretty damn good, but in the twilight of his career he lost to Dan Henderson, Bret Rogers and Big Foot. Arguably Fabio Maldonado as well.

So yeah Stipe wins he's the undisputed goat.

He's already the UFC's GOAT HW.
He'd be up there with the best of them, overall in the sport of MMA, if he beats Jones.
That'd be THREE reigns at HW for Stipe.

Back