If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

• Total voters
If Stipe beats Jones, I think a lot of people will say Jones looked fat/slow/heavy and was truly a LHW blah blah blah.

In my opinion, it would possibly edge him over Fedor.

I'd also argue that if Pavlovich beats Jones, he's in the discussion. Especially because he would likely have to beat him twice, given Jones' history/resume.

Jones is never fighting him... this was his plan.. to win the belt , fight Stipe and ride off into the sunset

Virtually almost everyone thinks Stipe is going to lose this fight with Jones. But say if he wins, that would definitely rise his stock up again right?

Would you rank him higher than Fedor Emelianenko as the best HW?

stipe-miocic-fedor-emelianenko-split-image.jpg
This exact thread was made five months ago, so I'll quote myself to answer:

At this point in Jones and Miocic's career, a victory over either one of them isn't as valuable as it would've been before the first Gustafsson and Ngannou fights, respectively.

I'd still rate Fedor and JDS over Miocic, while Jones doesn't have enough time to get enough wins at Heavyweight to even enter the HW GOAT conversation, so regardless of the result of their fight it doesn't change much of anything for all-time divisional rankings.

Only reasonable argument is between him and Fedor if he beats Jones. Name another HW that would even close to as impressive as Stipes over Nelson, Hunt, Werdum, JDS, Reem, Francis, Cormier x2 and Jones

Last edited:
Virtually almost everyone thinks Stipe is going to lose this fight with Jones. But say if he wins, that would definitely rise his stock up again right?

Stipe is currently the #1 HW ever

Picture Stipe having lost to a 40 year old MW. That shit is preposterous

upload_2023-9-3_19-2-13.png

It’s not goi

He won’t win

it’s going to be like Chuck vs Tito 3

Only reasonable argument is between him and Fedor if he beats Jones. Name another HW that would even close to as impressive as Stipes over Nelson, Hunt, Werdum, JDS, Reem, Francis, Cormier x2 and Jones
Fedor got beat by a legit middleweight
He got knocked out by mitrione

Nah

At the age of 30 years old Stipe was TKO'd by Stefan Struve with a record of 9-1.
At the age of 30 years old Fedor had a record of 28–1, with his sole loss coming from a cut between rounds.

... even today, Fedor has a better win percentage than Stipe does career wise.

Stipe is 20–4 (83.3% win percentage)
Feodr is 40–7 (85.1% win percentage)

Going after Fedor's losses is absurd when Stipe has more losses than Fedor does based on the number of the fights they've had. That's not an opinion, that's just math.

Fedor is not even in the top 5 let alone in the goat conversation. Stipe passed him a long time ago and is already the goat imo.

At the age of 30 years old Stipe was TKO'd by Stefan Struve with a record of 9-1.
At the age of 30 years old Fedor had a record of 28–1, with his sole loss coming from a cut between rounds.

... even today, Fedor has a better win percentage than Stipe does career wise.

Stipe is 20–4 (83.3% win percentage)
Feodr is 40–7 (85.1% win percentage)

Going after Fedor's losses is absurd when Stipe has more losses than Fedor does based on the number of the fights they've had. That's not an opinion, that's just math.

anyone can get wins vs cans

the competition stipe vsd is much much better than fedors best win

lomenchenko has like 440 - 0 amateur record lol

Is he the goat boxer?

anyone can get wins vs cans

the competition stipe vsd is much much better than fedors best win

lomenchenko has like 440 - 0 amateur record lol

Is he the goat boxer?
Fedor has more ranked victories than Stipe does career wise (12 vs 10).
Fedor was the #1 ranked HW longer than Stipe was (7 years vs 4 years).

Whatever metric you want to use, Fedor has objectively had a better career.

... I don't even fucking like the guy, but it's clear as day to anyone with an shred of objectivity that Fedor's reign has not been matched as of yet.

There's literally nothing Stipe brings to the conversation other than his reign was more recent.

Last edited:
No, he’d still be #2. He can be #1 when he surpasses Fedor’s accomplishments. Jones would be a great win, but Jones is not a HW. He’s got no significant resume or accomplishments in that weight class. It would be a great win for Stipe; nothing more.
What would be Fedors accomplishments? And please don’t tell me undefeated for 9years, because his competition wasn’t the most stiff in those years, his best wins is Noguiera, Cro Cop & Arlovski. He defended his title 3x.
Miocic has defended his title 4x against top competition. One of Fedors title defense was against a kickboxer who was 7 fights into his MMA career & ended his career with 13/14 record. So what accomplishments does have Fedor have over Stipe?

As a Stipe fan, I have Fedor at nr. 1 covering all organisations.
In the UFC HW division: he is already the nr. 1

Fedor has more ranked victories than Stipe does career wise (12 vs 10).
Fedor was the #1 ranked HW longer than Stipe was (7 years vs 4 years).

Whatever metric you want to use, Fedor has objectively had a better career.

... I don't even fucking like the guy, but it's clear as day to anyone with an shred of objectivity that Fedor's reign has not been matched as of yet.

There's literally nothing Stipe brings to the conversation other than his reign was more recent.
Who’s the 12 ranked wins, I can only think of 5 off the top of my head Noguiera 2x, Cro Cop, Arlovski, Tim Sylvia. Maybe 6 if you consider Randleman? And please don’t add Brett Rogers to his ranked wins, Brett Rogers had the most undeserving ranking ever at HW, He beat a Arlovski in quick KO who was coming off a loss, Rogers never beat anyone in top 10 again let alone top 50 HW’s he’s one biggest cans ever.

I have Stipe top 3 no matter what. His best years are far behind him imo. Those fights with JDS were epic. I remember thinking holy shit this guy can eat a punch, that Stipe isn’t here anymore. But I think Randy, Cain, DC, JDS, Werdum, and Stipe are the best HW inside the UFC… with Stipe defending 3 times and the competition he faced along with longevity I’d have to put him in top 3

1. Fedor
2. Cro Cop
3. Big Nog
4. Francis
5. Cain
6. Werdum
7. Overeem
8.. JDS
9. Stipe
10. Hunt

He's in the top ten.
Is this a joke? Looks like something you make on purpose to trigger people.

Stipe is currently the #1 HW ever

View attachment 999588

Stipe got knocked the fuck out by Stephan Struve at 30 years old, 10 fights into his career.

Fedor lost to Hendo 11 years and 35 fights into his career. You refer to Hendo as a MW because it's meant to disparage Fedor because you're a clown who's looking for attention. Fedor has a small frame and isn't any bigger than Shogun or Wand on fight night and they also got knocked out by Hendo who's an all time great and one of the P4P hardest hitters ever. Hendo was on the best run of his career when he beat Fedor who had lost his last 2 in a row and was on a clear decline.

You paint it like Fedor was some Ngannou sized HW who lost to some to some tiny MW. The reality is you're a moron. Here is Fedor next to Zabit who fought at 145. As you can see someone with this kind of a frame doesn't have much size on Dan Henderson. Shertards like you dumb this forum down..smh

IMG_20230904_020258_275.jpg

Last edited:
Back