If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

• Total voters
He's already #2 IMO. I don't think beating Jones puts him over Fedor, but he would be #2.
Interesting. I wouldn't put him over Fedor as well. But a win against Jon Jones at 41 years old would make me think twice.

Stipe's resume is already pretty damn impressive. Pulling out a win against someone who is considered by many the GOAT while no longer in your prime speak volumes.

Interesting. I wouldn't put him over Fedor as well. But a win against Jon Jones at 41 years old would make me think twice.

Stipe's resume is already pretty damn impressive. Pulling out a win against someone who is considered by many the GOAT while no longer in your prime speak volumes.

I'd argue that both guys are past their prime.

Jones has been fighting more years and has more fights than Stipe, didn't look like his old self his last few fights at LHW and is talking about retiring so I think he knows he's at the end.

Still it's a great legacy fight for both guys.

It's also the same age gap as Stipe against DC.

Stipe got knocked the fuck out by Stephan Struve at 30 years old, 10 fights into his career.

Fedor lost to Hendo 11 years and 35 fights into his career. You refer to Hendo as a MW because it's meant to disparage Fedor because you're a clown. Fedor has a small frame and isn't any bigger than Shogun or Wand on fight night and they also got knocked out by Hendo who's an all time great and one of the P4P hardest hitters ever. Hendo was on the best run of his career when he beat Fedor who had lost his last 2 in a row and was on a clear decline.

You paint it like Fedor was some Ngannou sized HW who lost to some to some tiny MW. The reality is you're a moron. Here is Fedor next to Zabit who fought at 145. As you can see someone with this kind of a frame doesn't have much size on Dan Henderson. Dumbass posters like you dumb this forum down..smh

View attachment 999638
Struve was 35 fights into his career while Miocic was still essentially green. The better more experience fighter won that night, remember this quote.

The one way street again with Fedor nuthuggers, it’s always Fedor this, Fedor that the sad cope of excuses. Dan Henderson was 14 years into his MMA career had 1 more fight more than Fedor. Only reason you say Fedor was on the decline is cause he was fighting actual top competition hence why he started losing, he lost to better fighter that night that took advantage of a overzealous Fedor.

Fedor definitely was bigger when he was fighting in PrideFC, and he is definitely bigger than Shogun on fight night. Wanderlei was just a roided freak & he was bigger than Henderson both fights. Henderson is a MW he walks around at 200lbs, he was 199lbs against Cormier and Fedor(223)had 16lbs on Henderson (207) when they fought.

No one is painting Fedor to be the size of Ngannou, but Fedor definitely was the bigger man when he fought Henderson.

Last edited:
People continually sleep over stipe I’ll never understand it or how anyone puts Francis over him, they were one one!
He’s beat all the greats and just had a few brain farts which cost him fights.

Virtually almost everyone thinks Stipe is going to lose this fight with Jones. But say if he wins, that would definitely rise his stock up again right?

Would you rank him higher than Fedor Emelianenko as the best HW?

Also for those who think if Stipe is the HW GOAT, is he also in the conversation for the all time GOAT status, just like Fedor is?

stipe-miocic-fedor-emelianenko-split-image.jpg

Fedor had a bigger name 15 years ago

Who’s the 12 ranked wins, I can only think of 5 off the top of my head Noguiera 2x, Cro Cop, Arlovski, Tim Sylvia. Maybe 6 if you consider Randleman? And please don’t add Brett Rogers to his ranked wins, Brett Rogers had the most undeserving ranking ever at HW, He beat a Arlovski in quick KO who was coming off a loss, Rogers never beat anyone in top 10 again let alone top 50 HW’s he’s one biggest cans ever.
Nobody gives a shit who you think should or shouldn't be ranked. Brett Rogers was a ranked fighter because he defeated ranked Arlovski within seconds of fighting him. That happened. You don't get to play the revisionist history game.

Last edited:
These UFC-fan-boys acting like its a controversial opinion to have Fedor comfortably at nr. 1 at HW MMA is so sad and pathetic.

Virtually almost everyone thinks Stipe is going to lose this fight with Jones. But say if he wins, that would definitely rise his stock up again right?

Also for those who think if Stipe is the HW GOAT, is he also in the conversation for the all time GOAT status, just like Fedor is?

He will never become a Fedor.

Fedor is very hard to beat as the GOAT HW of MMA. It might come a fighter that does it but that fighter is neither Jon Jones or Stipe. If Jon Jones went on a really nice streak at HW he would maybe be considered if you ignore his PED and eyepokes history.

Stipe have no chance at the HW GOAT-position whatsoever.

Stipe have no chance at the HW GOAT-position whatsoever.

I'm a Fedor guy as well, so just a little Devil's Advocate here -

If Stipe came out beat Jones twice (bc obv rematch if he loses) and lets say at least one of those times outclassed him (as opposed to some fluke knock out).

Would two wins over arguably the best fighter to ever live push Stipe across the line for you?

I get Jones is "old" (36), but so is Stipe and considering it's for the HW championship (so they shouldn't be too decrepit - in theory) - it should mean something, maybe?

He'd cement his place as the UFC HW GOAT and make a case for overall UFC GOAT.

Overall it would solidify him as no.2 HW of all time after the incomparable Last Emperor.

It would make him a 3 time UFC HW champion which is pretty remarkable.

Here's the picture of Stipe if he beats Jon.......
Hausziege_04.jpg

I'd argue that both guys are past their prime.

Jones has been fighting more years and has more fights than Stipe, didn't look like his old self his last few fights at LHW and is talking about retiring so I think he knows he's at the end.

Still it's a great legacy fight for both guys.

It's also the same age gap as Stipe against DC.

Yes, but Jones hasn't absorbed anywhere near as much damage as Stipe. And although the age gap maybe similar, the difference between a 30 something HW fighter and a 41 HW fighter is different. 10, maybe even 5 years ago and the fight would have been a lot closer. Stipe is now nearing retirement (Might also be his last fight) suffered some brutal knockouts and grueling wars with JDS and DC and was knocked out in his las fight against Ngannou.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a total domination in favor of Jones.

Nobody gives a shit who you think should or shouldn't be ranked. Brett Rogers was a ranked fighter because he defeated ranked Arlovski within seconds of fighting him. That happened. You don't get to play the revisionist history game.
Lol, Brett Rogers is a one worst fighters ever and you can try and justify his ranking in lucky win, but his career post that win over Arlovski shows why he was undeserving ranking in the first place. He never ever fucking beat anyone in top 50 or meaningful win ever again in his entire career. He should’ve never been a ranked fighter. But yes, use that win as good win for Fedor. Nothing new crushing bums.

So who are the rest of his 12 ranked wins you speak of?

I'm a Fedor guy as well, so just a little Devil's Advocate here -

If Stipe came out beat Jones twice (bc obv rematch if he loses) and lets say at least one of those times outclassed him (as opposed to some fluke knock out).

Would two wins over arguably the best fighter to ever live push Stipe across the line for you?

I get Jones is "old" (36), but so is Stipe and considering it's for the HW championship (so they shouldn't be too decrepit - in theory) - it should mean something, maybe?

If Stipe beat Jon Jones in 2 fights he would enter the discussion for me but he wouldn't overtake the nr 1 spot. Fedors legacy is special with how he won his fights and never played safe. If Stipe won those 2 matches in a convincing way though then i would keep him toe to toe with Fedor at the number 1 spot at HW, if he goes on and protect his belt a few times after that then he probably takes over as the nr. 1.

When youre looking at videos of Prime Fedor it's hard to see a Heavyweigt being as good though, Stipe seems below that dimension were Prime Fedor fought when you looking at video-material.

A really really good HW would be needed to knock Fedor of his perch as the number one HW imo.

I would put him at 2 after Fedor and before Big Nog.

This fight does little to nothing when talking about the accomplishments of both Jones or Stipe to be honest.
So him winning wouldn't change his rank. I'd say he's in the top 10 but nowhere near the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bno
Back