Rugby World Cup France 2023

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
rugby-tackle.gif

The Rugby World Cup will run from Friday the 8th of September till Saturday the 28th of October. The venues:

999.png

Pools:

999.png

The top two teams of each pool go through to the quarter finals.

This is a very open tournament with France, New Zealand and South Africa joint favourites. My pick is France. My pool winner predictions:

A: France
B: South Africa
C: Australia
D: England

I might watch a bit of that! Even being a total noob on Rugby... but love me watching live sports :)

Should have planned my travel better. Could have made it to a game.

TS. That first clip is rugby league. A better game to watch than Union IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wales take Pool C, Australia is a basket case and has been for a few years.

Weird going into a WC knowing neither Australia or England have a realistic chance of winning.

Hopefully France or Ireland can finally get that monkey off their back, but you always have to fancy NZ or SA will peak at the right time.

Is this the Rugby Australia is really good or the one New Zeland is really good? Im guessing the first based on comments

Very unbalanced pools, but I hope this will at least lead to some surprises in pools C & D.

Gonna watch a game in Lille. At least even if the game sucks, the beers will be better.

TS. That first clip is rugby league. A better game to watch than Union IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wales take Pool C, Australia is a basket case and has been for a few years.

Wales is currently as much a basket case as Australia. Fiji and maybe Georgia will fancy their chances to come out on top of the pools. Too bad Fiji just lost a key player.

Is this the Rugby Australia is really good or the one New Zeland is really good? Im guessing the first based on comments

Second one.

Day One Results:

France 27 - 13 New Zealand

France make a big statement in the opening match! :cool: Ceci est notre maison!

Last edited:
Australia is better at league, NZ is better at union. Wallabies are out of form, I dont see us doing well in this

Australia is better at league, NZ is better at union. Wallabies are out of form, I dont see us doing well in this
They're not the only ones (looking at you, England & Wales). Strange year. Things seem more up in the air than usual. Even beating NZ, France didn't look great, tbh. My money is on South Africa, but it would be nice to see Ireland pull it out.

These groupings are fucking suspect. Ireland gets SA, France gets NZ while England plays the sisters of the poor all the way to the semis?

WTF?

Oh ya, go eire!

Back