Law France becomes the only country in the world with Constitutionally Guaranteed Abortion. UK considering relaxing Abortion Laws.

I have no real issue. It's fucking stupid to take a dead fetus to term. I am pretty sure some women died in Poland because they didn't allow abortions. France is just guaranteeing the right to abortion. I don't believe their 14th week deadline has changed. It's just to prevent lawmakers to change their right in the future. I don't think it makes a difference for France since the conservative far right for the most part also supports abortion.

Edit:I feel like nobody is reading the actual article and getting confused with constitutionally guaranteed abortion title.

Last edited:
France is kinda odd. Guaranteed abortion at any time, paternity tests are illegal, collecting demographic data is illegal. It all comes across as very absolutist. All the while more and more of the people are conservative Muslims.
Nothing really changed? They still have their 14 week limit. It's even shorter than America's limit.

Women should be in full control of their own bodies. This is common sense. Good for France

Granted, legally it is not considered murder.

But, in reality, you are purposefully killing a living human life.

Yes, it's killing an embryo that will eventually turn into a full human, but killing and murder don't have the same meaning. I'm pointing it out to avoid attempts to dishonestly charge the debate with emotion in the same manner as hysterical vegans that claim meat is murder.

Yes, it's killing an embryo that will eventually turn into a full human, but killing and murder don't have the same meaning. I'm pointing it out to avoid attempts to dishonestly charge the debate with emotion in the same manner as hysterical vegans that claim meat is murder.

It is the pre-meditated killing of human life.

The only thing stopping it from being technically called “murder” is that it isn’t against the man-made laws of the country.

It used to be legal to own slaves. Did that make it morally right? Did that make it “not technically enslavement”?

It sounds like in France they trust their wives, sisters and mothers to make their own health decisions.

Of course women reserve the right to murder their unborn child even if the father is against it. But they also reserve the right to force unwilling fathers to pay for their kids that they can't afford either. Women are infantilized, coddled, given special rights and privileges

France

France has become the first country in the world to explicitly include the right to abortion in its constitution.

Parliamentarians voted to revise the country's 1958 constitution to enshrine women's 'guaranteed freedom' to abort.

The overwhelming 780-72 vote saw a standing ovation in the parliament in Versailles when the result was announced.

President Emmanuel Macron

_99665956_1336ce50-6f00-4044-a794-c9d29be6493c.jpg

described the move as 'French pride' that had sent a 'universal message'.

However anti-abortion groups have strongly criticised [Sic - Criticism is not necessarily negative.] the change, as has the Vatican.

Abortion has been legal in France since 1975, but polls show around 85% of the public supported amending the constitution to protect the right to end a pregnancy.

Following the vote, the Eiffel Tower in Paris was lit up in celebration, with the message: 'My Body My Choice'.

82024535-13155855-image-a-11_1709576400640.jpg

[Note the choice of language.]

But not all support it, with the Vatican repeating its opposition to abortion.

cq5dam.thumbnail.cropped.750.422.jpeg

Stock Image

"There can be no 'right' to take a human life," the Vatican institution said in a statement, echoing concerns already raised by French Catholic bishops.

It appealed to 'all governments and all religious traditions to do their best so that, in this phase of history, the protection of life becomes an absolute priority'.

UK

MPs will vote on an amendment to the Criminal Justice Bill in March, with most saying women should not be prosecuted if they end pregnancies beyond 24 weeks.

The majority of MPs say women should no longer be prosecuted if they end pregnancies beyond the 24-week legal time limit, The Times can reveal, with less [Sic - fewer] than one in four in favour of criminal action.

Women can be jailed under the 1861 Offences Against the Person Act if they have an abortion outside set circumstances.

A landmark amendment to the Criminal Justice Bill, due to be voted on in the House of Commons in March, means the 1861 law would no longer apply to women ending their own pregnancies.

This has broad cross-party support:

M.png

The amendment would bring the law in England and Wales in line with Northern Ireland, where abortion was decriminalised in 2019.

Dame Diana Johnson,

diana%20homepage%20meta_0.jpg

the Labour MP putting forward the amendment, said treating abortion as a health rather than a criminal issue would mark a 'historic step forward' for women.

Six women have appeared in court in England charged with illegal abortions since December 2022. Before then, only three women had been convicted of an illegal abortion since the law was introduced in 1861.

Abortion was decriminalised in Northern Ireland in 2019. Other nations including Canada, New Zealand, Australia, France and the Netherlands have decriminalised abortion.
Ok mang, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go into this thread because I'm not sure what I believe.

I think the eventual compromise in the USA is going to be that abortion is legal but it must happen before 16 weeks. After that date only endangerment of the mother's life is acceptable.,

Now, I think it is a good idea to consider a Demon's point of view concerning abortion.
This is the third best clip from a brilliant movie called Nefarious.
Warning, this is not for everyone and their are some pussies in here.......

There are abortions mentioned in the Bible. Aborting pregnancies has been something humans have done since humans realized it could be done.

Don't let the modern puritans fool you into thinking there was ever a time when this didn't happen. Just look up any article where experienced nurses took care of women who existed before abortion rights were made legal in any capacity, it was actually much worse in terms of how women did it, and how men who didn't want kids or want any more kids did it to women.
In the old days, those who worshipped Baal, would "abort" the baby at a ritual sacrifice.

Ok mang, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go into this thread because I'm not sure what I believe.

I think the eventual compromise in the USA is going to be that abortion is legal but it must happen before 16 weeks. After that date only endangerment of the mother's life is acceptable.,

Now, I think it is a good idea to consider a Demon's point of view concerning abortion.
This is the third best clip from a brilliant movie called Nefarious.
Warning, this is not for everyone and their are some pussies in here.......

its interesting that whenever people who lean or are conservative attempt to be reasonable about this topic, what they're always "ok with" is what Roe initially was. Roe was a decision made in Texas, whose Supreme Court was conservative, and upheld by a SCOTUS decision where the majority opinion was penned BY a Republican.

But the problem with this reasoning is that States that are now radicalized in their desire for a political cudgel leave their carve-outs vague. The ONLY reason to do this is to be able to deny abortions for almost any reason the State sees fit, which is textbook authoritarianism. No one qualifies for the carve-out. Texas has already done this in more than one high-profile case, where a woman is absolutely medically I'll with a non-viable fetus, her life is threatened, and the State denies the treatment because it can. And this is also at the risk of future infertility. Forcing a woman who WANTS kids to give birth to a non-viable fetus (which will either be stillborn or promptly die within weeks, or at the most live an incredibly handicapped and expensive existence cannot be called "morally superior." Its cruel, for the sake of cruelty, and is a vehicle to stymie the political influence of women. Nothing more.

In the old days God told Abraham to murder his own Son just to test his faith. Very late-term abortion.
Infanticide. But the Almighty already knew what was going to happen.

Chuck, can I have Cannibalism for $500

its interesting that whenever people who lean or are conservative attempt to be reasonable about this topic, what they're always "ok with" is what Roe initially was. Roe was a decision made in Texas, whose Supreme Court was conservative, and upheld by a SCOTUS decision where the majority opinion was penned BY a Republican.

But the problem with this reasoning is that States that are now radicalized in their desire for a political cudgel leave their carve-outs vague. The ONLY reason to do this is to be able to deny abortions for almost any reason the State sees fit, which is textbook authoritarianism. No one qualifies for the carve-out. Texas has already done this in more than one high-profile case, where a woman is absolutely medically I'll with a non-viable fetus, her life is threatened, and the State denies the treatment because it can. And this is also at the risk of future infertility. Forcing a woman who WANTS kids to give birth to a non-viable fetus (which will either be stillborn or promptly die within weeks, or at the most live an incredibly handicapped and expensive existence cannot be called "morally superior." Its cruel, for the sake of cruelty, and is a vehicle to stymie the political influence of women. Nothing more.
Did you take the time to watch the demon clip? I'm guessing no.

Then we can talk.

Did you take the time to watch the demon clip? I'm guessing no.

Then we can talk.

I was responding to what you said about what you would feel is acceptable. I don't particularly care about clips.

Reactions: N13
Back