Laura Sanko colour commentary - Rate It

What do you rate it at?

• Total voters
I see a 3 person booth from a traditional view. Pbp, analyst, color. Obviously, those lines can become kind of blurry. I don't really see Sanko as color. To Me, her role is analyst, and pbp support. I do think she did a good job of keeping DC's color from getting too far away when there was action. While letting him wander a little more during the slower times.

I hate makeup and blondes. I am a fan of preparation and professionalism though, and Laura has that in Spades.

I think she did an alright job for the first time to commentate for a PPV.

I'd give her commentary a 7.

licensed-image

She did an "alright job".
That should be the professional standard.

Be honest Sherbro's. Who among us said "Ezekiel" before Sanko? Only the 3rd in the UFC, and the first from mount.

I said it, but wasn't sure until I heard Laura confirm.

Be honest Sherbro's. Who among us said "Ezekiel" before Sanko? Only the 3rd in the UFC, and the first from mount.

i immediately thought of oleinik when i saw it.
like, instantly. kudos that she spotted it as well

She tends to go on for too long when commentating. Ive noticed a few times the guys start talking over her because shes long winded. Her commentary isnt horrible but she wasnt a great fighter to begin with and doesnt have the insight needed to call the fights. She also started dressing terribly…your here for your looks lets stick with that.

She did good. Her voice needs a little mmf to it cause she comes off kinda shrill and quiet. But as far as her technical input and just general commentary she did fine, especially for a first PPV.

Can’t wait to drink the tears of everyone mad a girl who can beat them up and is great looking is commentating their pirated stream

i immediately thought of oleinik when i saw it.
like, instantly. kudos that she spotted it as well

It was a rare choke from a position we had not seen before in the UFC. Speaks volumes about the level of her technical analysis.

giphy.gif

He knows his shit.

As he drunkenly tried to explain that he’s always worried where people put their arm during a takedown as eloquently as Joe Biden. Dude is better than when he started but Sanko is starting at a much higher point than him.

I thought it was great, she tends to rely a bit on history stats from time to time (not so much this card), and she really knows her stuff. She's way better than DC or Bisbing, and even Rogan when he's paired with DC or showing his bias a bit too hard. She totally showed up DC, he was awful this card. I'd rate her a 7 or 8 and him 2-3. And for the record, (even as a fellow brit) Bisbing is by far the worst (rarely anything but a 1), no contest. I'm glad he is rarely on the main cards.

Last edited:
She has a very nice voice and articulate and sounds intelligent, but I like listening to commentaries from people who are actually experts in MMA and can learn things from, which she ain't.

It's like NBA plugging Doris or whatever her name is into NBA play off commentary. But it's the times we live in.

Political correctness and appealing to masses for their bottom line are what it's all about.

I'd give her 3, only because she speaks well.

But hey, it's better than MLB plugging softball players into coaching gigs and commentaries.

Laura noted Miranda's RNC was under the chin when DC was still not sure...and she called Volkov's ezekiel choke before DC knew what was going on.

She knows her stuff.

Last edited:
It was a rare choke from a position we had not seen before in the UFC. Speaks volumes about the level of her technical analysis.

She’s been on the mats a long time. And because of her undefeated professional record she isn’t punch drunk like DC.

I thought it was great, she tends to rely a bit on history stats from time to time (not so much this time), but she's way better than DC or Bisbing, and even Rogan when he's paired with DC or showing his bias a bit too hard. She totally showed up DC, he was awful this card. I'd rate her a 7 or 8 and him 3-4. And for the record, (even as a fellow brit) Bisbing is by far the worst, no contest. I'm glad he is rarely on the main cards.

that’s fair. She also could be a little more succinct in some of her commentary IMO. It’s an art form and sometimes she’s a little long winded — i think to maintain being articulate and not misspeaking. Probably will self correct. I love her and Anik as a combo if we could just get DC out of there

She has a very nice voice and articulate and sounds intelligent, but I like listening to commentaries from people who are actually experts in MMA and can learn things from, which she ain't.

It's like NBA plugging Doris or whatever her name is into NBA play off commentary. But it's the times we live in.

Political correctness and appealing to masses for their bottom line are what it's all about.

I'd give her 3, only because she speaks well.

But hey, it's better than MLB plugging softball players into coaching gigs and commentaries.

??? she’s been MMA trained for well over a decade. You can’t learn something from a BJJ brown belt who did better technical analysis than DC last night? Okay dude lol

I gave her an 8 for a very solid PPV debut.

She doesn't talk for the sake of talking...is well spoken and composed...has a sense of humour but doesn't go over the top with constantly trying to be 'entertaining'...and (most importantly) she knows her stuff.

The trio of her with Anik and DC was good and I hope we get more of her in the commentary rotation.

She was incredible, 100x better than Rogan with DC. Honestly Rogan should be on the B shows where his off topic ranting is more tolerable. Cormier stuck to the fighting because Sanko did where as with Rogan he acts like a teenage girl.

You rank Cormier a 9 and Sanko a 3.

<FookIsThatGuy>

for the most part, yeah.

I think he’s biased as hell in a lot of his commentary, the worst one I remember being adesanya/blachowicz

As he drunkenly tried to explain that he’s always worried where people put their arm during a takedown as eloquently as Joe Biden. Dude is better than when he started but Sanko is starting at a much higher point than him.

Laura noted Miranda's RNC was under the chin when DC was still not sure...and she called Volkov's ezekiel choke before DC knew what was going on.

She knows her stuff.

??? she’s been MMA trained for well over a decade. You can’t learn something from a BJJ brown belt who did better technical analysis than DC last night? Okay dude lol

thumbsup-jennifer-lawrence.gif

Sherdog ganging up on poor old Justonce, what's new

I'd disagree Normally i hate PC ramming shit down on our throat in movies Tv gaming etc but i was actually surprised how knowledgeable she was when she recognized and mentioned Israel having trouble the Philly Shell guard and saying its a boxing thing that you must prepare for specifically or you cant beat it. And she figured it out before DC. One big issue with her is that she abruptly/awkwardly ends whereas a good commentator would link it so that the other one could chime in. I would say its opposite you what you said. She cant speak well for a color commentator but is actually very knowledgeable as she was once an actual fighter not some model/ personality that is common with a lot of other sports ladies in commentary.

Even a child knows that though...but anyways...it feels like a pro Sanko crowd...lol

did say it 2 second before her and my friend looked me like "the fuck is that" but they are casual

Back