Laura Sanko colour commentary - Rate It

What do you rate it at?

• Total voters
I didn't mind her commentary at all, I thought she was decent.

DC was horrific in the main event last night.. and I usually like him. Making lots of comments that the fight was close and scoring it will be difficult etc.

Basically admitting you're jaded then, and not speaking from any factual opinion.

I can't explain to you how childish it is to think someone who teaches must do first, and that people who can do should teach. You know most coaches are worse than their fighters, yeah?

Not only does doing something not make you a proper authority on it automatically, but often times, it makes you worse. A commentators job isn't to fight, it's to analyze the fight. And they're more often much more experienced in analyzing a fight than fighters, because fighters DON'T analyze fights. Their coaches usually do for them, AND how many times have you seen/heard fighters say they don't watch MMA at all?

The best practice for any event is repeating that event in training. Commentators talk about fighting in minute detail, so the practice is talking about fighting in minute detail, not booking a fight. So she's more qualified than 95% of whatever fighters ya can pull out of your ass.

All the Cruz analysis without any of the bitter Napolean Complex? Sounds great to me

No I'm not jaded, and what on earth does 'factual opinion' mean? It'd be like saying
"foolproof failure'

But I understand you feel strongly in favour of Sanko being great at this. Good for her and good for you, what can I say?

I really could give less fudge about her commentating really, and bunch of people quoted me to tell me how wrong I was, and so just for the record, I will agree with you all about how amazing Sanko is at commentating.

She does have a nice voice and articulate like said before. Very nice and articulate.

I just could care less about what she's trying to get across, but if everyone else does, then great for all parties.

Anyways, cheers everyone, yey let's go Sanko!

Goat commentator imo.

And I'm out boys, no more @ Poor justonce further about Sanko because as you can clearly see you've all enlighten me and my feeble mind cannot handle anymore discussing about Sanko's commentating fit further lmao. @Eat My Teep

Cheers.

thumbsup-jennifer-lawrence.gif

Sherdog ganging up on poor old Justonce, what's new

hahaha. I just don’t think what you said was accurate. She’s not “expert” enough for you, but she’s better trained than what percentage of the audience? 92%? 95%? 98%?

being articulate is the most important. Being technically proficient is an excellent thing to have weighted 2nd. She excels at both of those. I just think saying she isn’t expert enough when she has more than enough credential to prove that false is silly.

I saw quite a few posts of people not knowing she had an MMA background (1-0
Professional, 5-1 ammy) and a BJJ high level belt (her and Mighty Mouse in that brown masters 1 division) and making fools of themselves not realizing she knows years more knowledge than them about MMA.

Gj calling the Ezekiel choke but her fawning over some men after a good performance like Strickland and Skhavhat is just unprofessional. Like she's there to meet a boyfriend

it’s like having to watch fights with my girlfriend. I’d just rather not.

I never really paid attention to the commentary like many of y'all do, I'm just watching the fight. It's like background music when I'm doing homework.

I like when she said: She wouldn't want a 6'7 man on top of her and "he looks like a man!" seductively. Otherwise, no real feeling either way.

It seems like a tough job. Some of y'all are harsh.

it's not a tough job at all

I think she is a nice change of pace, and I think she does a great job every time she's on the commentary team. If they wanted to throw her in on PPVs regularly, I'd be ok with it.

it's not a tough job at all

I'm not saying it's Alaskan Crab fishing, but it seems to be one of those things that appears easier than it actually is. We probably think anyone can pick up a mic and comment on what they see in the moment, but it's probably very easy to say something dumb or to bore people, etc. You gotta know the sport and the fighters.

No I'm not jaded, and what on earth does 'factual opinion' mean? It'd be like saying
"foolproof failure'

But I understand you feel strongly in favour of Sanko being great at this. Good for her and good for you, what can I say?

I really could give less fudge about her commentating really, and bunch of people quoted me to tell me how wrong I was, and so just for the record, I will agree with you all about how amazing Sanko is at commentating.

She does have a nice voice and articulate like said before. Very nice and articulate.

I just could care less about what she's trying to get across, but if everyone else does, then great for all parties.

Anyways, cheers everyone, yey let's go Sanko!

Goat commentator imo.

And I'm out boys, no more @ Poor justonce further about Sanko because as you can clearly see you've all enlighten me and my feeble mind cannot handle anymore discussing about Sanko's commentating fit further lmao. @Eat My Teep

Cheers.

It's all good my friend. Take care. : - )

Pretty average. She likely did not want to step over the toes of her fellow commentators which is a big mistake. Laura has got to be okay with speaking over them and adding meaningful points. I kind of felt like she was waiting for dead silence and then she would throw some random line which was kind of pointless to me

It was alright, but Rogan is overrated as fuck too so its not like thats a huge loss.

I gave her a 7 because I barely noticed her somehow. I think my brain has been conditioned too long to DC's loud yapping because he's all I heard for the most part.

She sounded a bit off pace, like the words were forming a few seconds behind Anik and DC. It was her PPV debut and it certainly didn't ruin the event for me, but she was noticeable and not in a good way.

Back