Economy Energy Sec'y Tries To Take EV Road Trip To Promote "Green Energy," Turns Into Idiotic Disaster

You know they can do that already to your car...

Any car with a computer and internet access can be shutdown, EV, Hybrid or ICE.

Swedish military has been told not to talk in their Volvos.
Volvo is now as you know owned by Chines company.
As you say, they can already control the modern cars.
Does not need to be EV

We already have EVs that are better suited for long distance trips, they're called trains. But America can't build cool stuff like that in a timely and cost efficient manner anymore so we're stuck with car infested cities and crumbling infrastructure.
They make planes too. Boats as well if you wanna keep going the list of potential transportation options.

There alot of EVs with 300 and even some wuth 500 miles of range that take about an hour to charge and the range is only going to increase and charging times are only going to decrease
They're about twice as heavy which makes them more dangerous in accidents and to pedestrians/cyclists. Additionally, the extra weight means they wear out tires much faster and that means they are spewing more tire particulate into surrounding areas. The reality is that electric cars come with many of the same negative externalities that ICE cars do and come with new ones as well.
They make planes too. Boats as well if you wanna keep going the list of potential transportation options.
Electric passenger planes are nowhere near viable yet while electric trains are and have been for some time. Some routes will be better served by planes but there are plenty of routes between nearby major cities that could be better served by rail lines.

They're about twice as heavy which makes them more dangerous in accidents and to pedestrians/cyclists. Additionally, the extra weight means they wear out tires much faster and that means they are spewing more tire particulate into surrounding areas. The reality is that electric cars come with many of the same negative externalities that ICE cars do and come with new ones as well.

Electric passenger planes are nowhere near viable yet while electric trains are and have been for some time. Some routes will be better served by planes but there are plenty of routes between nearby major cities that could be better served by rail lines.
Was just busting chops. City congestion is real. Bit of a mess.

Tesla model 3 is approx 1600 kilos , same as a Rav 4 , which is about six hundred less than an f150 and 300 more than a Hyundai Elantra

Those the best sellers in their categories in Canada so not cherry picked

They are testing electric planes for short hops now btw

Tesla model 3 is approx 1600 kilos , same as a Rav 4 , which is about six hundred less than an f150 and 300 more than a Hyundai Elantra

Those the best sellers in their categories in Canada so not cherry picked
The Tesla Model 3 is a sedan while the RAV4 is an SUV. If you're going to mention the F150 why not make the most apples to apples comparison and compare it to the F150 Lightening? The answer is because the F150 Lightning is ~1500lbs heavier and thus proves my point.

The Tesla Model 3 is a sedan while the RAV4 is an SUV. If you're going to mention the F150 why not make the most apples to apples comparison and compare it to the F150 Lightening? The answer is because the F150 Lightning is ~1500lbs heavier and thus proves my point.
Ya I added the Elantra which is 600 pounds less than the model 3 so not anywhere near double

How does that prove your point exactly?

My point is no one gave a shit about vehicle weight until EVs came along and naysayers latched onto to it as a way to slam EVs, now that's a fact

Ya I added the Elantra which is 600 pounds less than the model 3 so not anywhere near double

How does that prove your point exactly?
Where are you getting these numbers? I just Googled it and the Tesla Model 3 weighs about 1,000lbs more. So not double, more like 1/3rd more which is still significant. And you're ignoring the F150 example which shows that when you have the same vehicle in both and ICE and EV configurations the EV weighs more.
My point is no one gave a shit about vehicle weight until EVs came along and naysayers latched onto to it as a way to slam EVs, now that's a fact
No its not, people care about vehicle weight even when you set aside EVs. The rise of SUVs on the road has correlated with more pedestrian and cyclist deaths and the weight of those vehicles is partly what makes them so dangerous. We should trend towards smaller, lighter vehicles and not bigger, heavier ones regardless of whether they're ICE or EV.

Where are you getting these numbers? I just Googled it and the Tesla Model 3 weighs about 1,000lbs more. So not double, more like 1/3rd more which is still significant. And you're ignoring the F150 example which shows that when you have the same vehicle in both and ICE and EV configurations the EV weighs more.

No its not, people care about vehicle weight even when you set aside EVs. The rise of SUVs on the road has correlated with more pedestrian and cyclist deaths and the weight of those vehicles is partly what makes them so dangerous. We should trend towards smaller, lighter vehicles and not bigger, heavier ones regardless of whether they're ICE or EV.
The standard range model 3 ( the most popular model) is a little 600 pounds more than Hyundai Elantra , 20% difference

The Tesla Model 3 is available in three trims: Standard Range Plus, Long Range, and Performance. The Standard Range Plus model has a single motor and weighs 3,582 pounds.
https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shopping-guides/how-much-does-a-tesla-weigh#:~:text=The Tesla Model 3 is,weight of 4,065 pounds each.

https://mobile.guideautoweb.com/en/specifications/hyundai/elantra/ultimate/2020/

To your second point,has the weight of SUVs affected their popularity?

No it has not , no cares and no one cares how much trucks weigh , generally speaking it's a non issue

I remember hearing that EVs were about twice as heavy which seems to have been an exaggeration but regardless, EVs are significantly heavier than ICE vehicles of similar size and this produces negative externalities. This isn't even getting into the fact that the US electric grid is not prepared or on track to be able to power an all EV fleet of US vehicles.
To your second point,has the weight of SUVs affected their popularity?

No it has not , no cares and no one cares how much trucks weigh , generally speaking it's a non issue
No and that's part of the problem. Heavier vehicles means more wear and tear on roads, deadlier accidents, and more air pollution from tire particulates. Just because you don't care doesn't mean its a non-issue.

Last edited:
ahhh-screaming.gif
He was right about the frogs but he is still a batshit crazy piece of poop.

Well he said "I think they've already implemented this somewhere" after saying that 15 mile cities will be where they contain you and you need permission to leave. To even think it's been implemented is crazy.

You think it's crazy after Covid lockdowns? Australia pretty much had Covid Internment camps. I don't think it's a broad leap at all.

You think it's crazy after Covid lockdowns? Australia pretty much had Covid Internment camps. I don't think it's a broad leap at all.

Yes I think it's crazy. One is permanent lockdown of people in a city and the other was a temporary setup done to keep people who are sick away from people who are healthy. I thought what Australia did was stupid but it was temporary. Permanently telling people they can't leave the city without permission is on a different level.

Who's managing the city and deciding who gets to leave? What are the procedures for requesting to leave? Are you allowed to permanently leave or do you have to come back after a certain amount of time? How long is that time? Who manages tracking down the people who don't come back? Where are the check points setup?

Do you see how insane of a project it would be to manage something like this? That's why I don't believe it because it sounds like literal hell trying to implement something like that. On top of that what purpose does it even serve? Oh we stopped everyone in the city from leaving and we accomplished what exactly?

Sure it is possible but not easy.

Its just as easy since cars control are entirely electronic and have been that way for the last 30 years.

With EV’s it is much easier to access them especially when they need to be plugged in often to charge.

This makes zero sense, its not like they send internet through the electric grid.

Any car with a computer, which is most cars built since the 90s and onwards are controlled by a computer, and a computer can be shutdown.

What has changed is that cars are now becoming increasingly online and thus the ability to remotely manipulate the onboard computer became a thing. Power source is irrelevant mate.

Unless they make some massive breakthrough in battery technology, the limitation is always going to be weight, a battery is heavy and the more energy the more battery you need.

EVs won't ever be able to have great range on their own.

https://octopusev.com/ev-hub/how-long-does-it-take-to-charge-an-electric-car

Rapid and fast EV charging points are often available at supermarkets, shopping centres, service stations, hotels and some workplaces and can add as much as adding up to 100 miles of range in less than 35 minutes.

As tech advances and EVs become more mainstream, rapid charging points are becoming more accessible, with many new cars now coming with the ability to charge at up to 150kW, which equals adding around 200 miles in 30 minutes of charging. Super speedy charging!

Most rapid chargers can charge electric vehicles from empty to 80% in under an hour, making them ideal for long trips and staying in public short stays like service stations.

/

The technology is evolving quickly and the charging times are decreasing and ranges are increasing.

Yes I think it's crazy. One is permanent lockdown of people in a city and the other was a temporary setup done to keep people who are sick away from people who are healthy. I thought what Australia did was stupid but it was temporary. Permanently telling people they can't leave the city without permission is on a different level.

Who's managing the city and deciding who gets to leave? What are the procedures for requesting to leave? Are you allowed to permanently leave or do you have to come back after a certain amount of time? How long is that time? Who manages tracking down the people who don't come back? Where are the check points setup?

Do you see how insane of a project it would be to manage something like this? That's why I don't believe it because it sounds like literal hell trying to implement something like that. On top of that what purpose does it even serve? Oh we stopped everyone in the city from leaving and we accomplished what exactly?

I don't think they said anything about permanent lockdowns. If you look at my original tweet, I just said they want more control over you. The Australian stunt was under the guise of a "Health Emergency." Surprisingly, the Gov of New Mexico just issued an executive order to violate Constitutional Rights under the guise of a ... "Health Emergency." There's too much evidence to just dismiss it as crazy.

As far as how they do it, it's not just the 15 minute city. It's all the things combined with the 15min city. For example, once everyone is on a digital currency, they can turn off your ability to use your own money if you don't follow certain rules. If you can only drive an EV in your 15 minute city, they can turn off your EV via satellite (Starlink) if you drive somewhere you're not supposed to. The list goes on and on.

"The problem is that there is no limit to the level of control that the government could exert over people if money is purely electronic and provided directly by the government."

If you can unlock the range of an EV via satellite, you can restrict range or worse via satellite.

Back