Media Gane expects to fight Aspinall, but not yet: "I'm no. 1 contender, he's no. 4. Doesn't make sense"

Mad respect to guys like Yan and Burns and Justin and Dariush who were and are willing to take on dangerous up and comers.

This whole mindset like WB and Gane are what ruins our sport.

Imagine if JDS said the same shit and fudge off to Ngannou and Gane?

I do think Gane beats Aspinall.

He is smart to wait and see how the November fights play out, given that if there is a vacant title fight he(ranked #1) feels like he could be given another title shot. Why risk it?

Also the voters are pretty silly to rank him above Pavlovich. I would argue Pavlovich's win over Blaydes is more substantial than anything Gane has done. Pav also smoked Lewis & Tuivasa with the quickness, where as Gane did not.

All that said it does look like a duck in the moment.

I think if Blaydes beats Jailton & Jones/Stipe retire; Pavlovich vs Gane for the vacant belt & Asinall vs Blaydes take-2.

If Jailton wins + Jones/Stipe retire: Pavlovich vs Jailton for vacant belt, Gane vs Aspinall #1 contender.

He is smart to wait and see how the November fights play out, given that if there is a vacant title fight he(ranked #1) feels like he could be given another title shot. Why risk it?

Also the voters are pretty silly to rank him above Pavlovich. I would argue Pavlovich's win over Blaydes is more substantial than anything Gane has done. Pav also smoked Lewis & Tuivasa with the quickness, where as Gane did not.

All that said it does look like a duck atm.

I think if Blaydes beats Jailton & Jones/Stipe retire; Pavlovich vs Gane for the vacant belt & Asinall vs Blaydes take-2.

If Jailton wins + Jones/Stipe retire: Pavlovich vs Jailton for vacant belt, Gane vs Aspinall #1 contender.
If Aspinall goes out and gets another W he jumps Gane for the vacant title.

If Aspinall goes out and gets another W he jumps Gane for the vacant title.
Against who? Gane & Pavlovich are waiting. Jailtn & Blaydes are booked.

There's literally nobody he could beat that would jump any of the aforementioned. Plus these big HW fights are less than 2 months away. Do the math.

Against who? Gane & Pavlovich are waiting. Jailtn & Blaydes are booked.

There's literally nobody he could beat that would jump any of the aforementioned. Plus these big HW fights are less than 2 months away
And who exactly is Gane sitting on to guarantee his shot at the vacant belt? A win over Spivak is supposed to be that much more valuable than a win over Tybura?

Jailton/Blaydes is gonna say a lot, if Blaydes wins he chokes out Almeida from fighting for the vacant belt. If Jailton wins then guaranteed it's gonna be Pavlovich vs Almeida.

Stipe vs Jones has to get out of the way first - I"m assuming they're both retiring when that's all done.

And who exactly is Gane sitting on to guarantee his shot at the vacant belt? A win over Spivak is supposed to be that much more valuable than a win over Tybura?

Jailton/Blaydes is gonna say a lot, if Blaydes wins he chokes out Almeida from fighting for the vacant belt. If Jailton wins then guaranteed it's gonna be Pavlovich vs Almeida.
I didn't say it was a guarantee. I said he's raked #1 & wouldbe wise to find out.

Low fight IQ and would rather sit out than face a challenge…

People like champions who want to maul their division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back