Media Gane expects to fight Aspinall, but not yet: "I'm no. 1 contender, he's no. 4. Doesn't make sense"

You know just as well as me that it's not just standing they have to worry about. And I don't believe Gane is better on the feet, Aspinall has legit boxing and has been boxing for a long time, just my opinion. By the way Aspinall could submit Gane, he doesn't necessarily have to stand, he has that option and he's that good.

Let me put it this way. I dont think Ganes TDD is worse than Aspinalls TD.

Aspinall might be more offensively dangerous and a great boxer, but I think Gane can and will find him more than Aspinall can find him.

I believe Im right on this.

Well, the champ pushed your shit in nice and tight and you are ranked #1.

Yeah buddy, you are gonna be fighting down the rankings

Bro dude thinks he is leagues ahead of him in ranking when they are in the same league he just happens to be lil bit higher. This seems like some duck duck ducking.

What doesn’t make sense would be Gane getting another TS whether it’s for the vacant title or not.

If it’s vacant I want Pavlovich vs Aspinall. And Gane winning one more against whomever. And then fighting the Champion.

Too many TS too close together, imo. I want some new blood as the champion.

Gane is stalling to have more time to train grappling before he has to fight Aspinall.

Doesn't matter Mr Gane you can drop in rankings as the UFC controls rankings.

It doesn't make sense cause he doubts himself. Aspinal's a real threat, so it doesn't make sense lol

Gane is stalling to have more time to train grappling before he has to fight Aspinall.
Aspinall has to be the most overrated fighter I've ever seen. He's accomplished nothing. He'd get tooled on the feet by gane

Aspinall is better everywhere, Gane loses that fight 8/10 times imo, and he knows it.
Definitely isn't better everywhere, but he doesn't need to be.

He's so much better in the areas that Gane is weak that he could pretty much do whatever he wanted to him on the ground.

He still would need to fight smart though. Gane is a better striker, especially defensively. I'm on record as saying Aspinall is the best HW on the planet, but he does have a worrying lack of defense when he blitzes, he keeps his chin sky high when entering and exiting exchanges. We saw it in the tiny part of the fight we got to see against Blaydes, and he hadn't corrected it as of the Tybura fight. He got hit with multiple clean counters coming in, but luckily Tybura doesn't hot hard for a HW.

Granted, this is much more of a worry against a Pavlovich than Gane. But Gane can end fights with his fists, like we saw against Tuivasa.

Let me put it this way. I dont think Ganes TDD is worse than Aspinalls TD.

Aspinall might be more offensively dangerous and a great boxer, but I think Gane can and will find him more than Aspinall can find him.

I believe Im right on this.
I don't think Gane's TDD is anywhere near proven enough to say he will be able to stop Aspinall's takedowns. He shrugged off a few lazy attempts from Spivak, but Spivak isn't a wrestler. He's a big slow, lumbering Judo guy who doesn't know what to do if he can't close the distance and grab a hold of you. Besides that, we have seen Gane get easily wrestled by Jones, no shame there.

The Francis fight is what should be worrying Gane fans. He was able to outwrestle Gane on pure strength, barely any technique. And he did so effortlessly with one knee.

Meanwhile we have seen Aspinall effortlessly takedown Volkov whenever he wanted to. A man Blaydes struggled to take down many times, a man Romanov couldn't get down to save his life.

At this point Tom's offensive wrestling is more proven than Gane's defensive wrestling is.

The new FIFA game was released. Gane needs time to play that before even thinking about taking a top5 fight

It actually makes a lot of sense, he already lost to the champion in about 1 minute, he needs one more win for people to think he might have something new for Jones, as of right now Jones dispatches him still inside 1 round.

Actually it makes perfect sense for him to face a #4 guy in trying to rebound for a third titleshot in as many years. A win shows you kept that guy away from a title shot and likely deserve it yourself. One win against Spivak isn't going to cut it Frenchie!

If this wasn't the HW division Ganes would be shit out of luck for a 3rd TS. But since Stipe and Jon are both one foot out the door he's basically waiting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back