Media Gane expects to fight Aspinall, but not yet: "I'm no. 1 contender, he's no. 4. Doesn't make sense"

Low fight IQ and would rather sit out than face a challenge…

People like champions who want to maul their division.
Low fight IQ and would rather sit out than face a challenge…

People like champions who want to maul their division.
God bless the old guard like Chuck. Anyone, anytime. Not trying to pick and choose fights. Will fight whomever at the drop of the hat. Just want to fight and not a lil Vajayjay like today's fighters. Respect to the OG's. Win or lose they enjoyed fighting. Can't say that these about the manlets these days.
176420538.jpg.jpg

lol wut, Spivak is a million times better MMA grappler than Aspinall.

Bruh, Blaydes wiped the floor with Volkov though he gassed. I'm sure if Volkov was expecting that, would've been a different story.

Aspinall is NOT Ngannou.

And no it's not. An occasional surprise double leg here and there doesn't make it so.
Yeah no. I understand why Gane fans were making him out to he this monster grappler, but he wasn't what they have been making him out to be.

He hasn't been able to take down anybody remotely good. Aspinall ran through him without being hit once, Gane had a relatively easy time with him too. Again, his takedowns from the outside kind of suck, he needs to lumber forward and grab a hold of you to get anything going, and even then it isn't a guarantee. Aspinall shrugged him off like he was a child.

"Aspinall is not Ngannou". Yeah no shit. Aspinall is 1000x the grappler that Ngannou is. Francis is a subpar grappler that not only took Gane down whenever he wanted, he also swept Gane when he did get on the top.

If you don't think Gane is in trouble grappling with Aspinall, you simply don't know what you are watching. It's clear you don't already from what you've already said tbh.

He eventually will have to fight Aspinall, why not fight him now and get it over with. If you think you are that good, you should take on all comers.

God bless the old guard like Chuck. Anyone, anytime. Not trying to pick and choose fights. Will fight whomever at the drop of the hat. Just want to fight and not a lil Vajayjay like today's fighters. Respect to the OG's. Win or lose they enjoyed fighting. Can't say that these about the manlets these days.
View attachment 1002454
Absolutely. They're not built in the same. Respect.

One mismatch win doesn’t erase the Jones embarrassment……Gane should be eager for a big fight

Gane trying to rank squat
Poor approach in my opinion
Will he only fight above the rankings? What is the limit till which he is willing to fight

Oh the irony...what has become of Ciryl "anyone, anywhere" Gane?

He hasn't lost 2 in a row, but still, Pavlovich should be rankled higher.

No but he did lose 2 in the row before fighting Spivac....he was #1 when fighting Spivac.
That means, he was magically still #1 after 2 straight losses.

He hasn't lost 2 in a row, but still, Pavlovich should be rankled higher.

Assuming he means he lost his last 2 title fights. Cause yeah, being number #1 contender doesn't make sense at that point.

No but he did lose 2 in the row before fighting Spivac....he was #1 when fighting Spivac.
That means, he was magically still #1 after 2 straight losses.

He never lost 2 straight. He lost to Francis, then beat Tuivasa. Then lost to Jones, then beat Spivak.

He's 2-2 in his last 4 but he's never lost back to back fights. He has lost both his last 2 title fights however.

I'm possibly the biggest fan of Gane on this forum, but I feel like he really needs to not say shit like this. A fight with Aspinall is the best possible outcome for him right now. He's not getting a TS off of Spivak, and should be jumping at the opportunity to fight Aspinall.
This has Fernand Lopez written all over. Not good at all.
It's like he thinks there are only bad matchups out there for him, so he wants a bigger paycheck to lose his next fight. If he thinks he is champ material, he should fight anyone.

He never lost 2 straight. He lost to Francis, then beat Tuivasa. Then lost to Jones, then beat Spivak.

He's 2-2 in his last 4 but he's never lost back to back fights.

That's right I forgot about the Tai fight, my bad.
Still doesn't deserve the #1 spot, Id say Pav deserves that tbh.

You're right though, about the 2 in a row.

Yup. Pavlovich is most proven. He's essentially sitting on a title shot he's already earned.

Both Gane and Aspinall need one more win, which is why this fight makes perfect sense. I know why Gane doesn't want it, but he really isn't in a position to be picking and choosing his opponents right now.

Purely politics IMO, the UFC is not too keen on having russian champs at the moment. Looks like Gane's team is banking on that.

Makes no sense at all otherwise:
Pavlovich, 6-fights winning streak, last 3 wins: Blaydes, Tuivasa, Lewis
Gane: 2-2 in his last 4, last 3 wins: Spivak, Tuivasa, Lewis

Purely politics IMO, the UFC is not too keen on having russian champs at the moment. Looks like Gane's team is banking on that.

Makes no sense at all otherwise:
Pavlovich, 6-fights winning streak, last 3 wins: Blaydes, Tuivasa, Lewis
Gane: 2-2 in his last 4, last 3 wins: Spivak, Tuivasa, Lewis
Agreed sir.
Its bullshit though since Pav is on a tear.

Yup. Pavlovich is most proven. He's essentially sitting on a title shot he's already earned.

Both Gane and Aspinall need one more win, which is why this fight makes perfect sense. I know why Gane doesn't want it, but he really isn't in a position to be picking and choosing his opponents right now.

I absolutely want Aspinall and Gane to fight for that very reason.

Back