Media Gane expects to fight Aspinall, but not yet: "I'm no. 1 contender, he's no. 4. Doesn't make sense"

He's technically right about his ranking, but he's only proving how the UFC ranking system doesn't work.

If you lose a title fight, especially when you get dominated, you should be bumped from the top 5. The next guy in line should move to #1 contender.

The UFC's rankings work more like a P4P system, not a contendership system.

He's technically right about his ranking, but he's only proving how the UFC ranking system doesn't work.

If you lose a title fight, especially when you get dominated, you should be bumped from the top 5. The next guy in line should move to #1 contender.

There's no meritocracy to these rankings sir.

I can't wait to see the winner of Jones vs Stipe not retire but take a year before the next title defense, all while Gane sits out and lose his #1 contender spot after Aspinall/Pavlovich/Blaydes/Almeida face each other.

Always disliked that people just stay the #1 contender after losing their title fight. You climbed the mountain and got knocked back down. One would think you would go to at least the bottom top 5 with that metaphor.

Last edited:
Yeah no. I understand why Gane fans were making him out to he this monster grappler, but he wasn't what they have been making him out to be.

He hasn't been able to take down anybody remotely good. Aspinall ran through him without being hit once, Gane had a relatively easy time with him too. Again, his takedowns from the outside kind of suck, he needs to lumber forward and grab a hold of you to get anything going, and even then it isn't a guarantee. Aspinall shrugged him off like he was a child.

"Aspinall is not Ngannou". Yeah no shit. Aspinall is 1000x the grappler that Ngannou is. Francis is a subpar grappler that not only took Gane down whenever he wanted, he also swept Gane when he did get on the top.

If you don't think Gane is in trouble grappling with Aspinall, you simply don't know what you are watching. It's clear you don't already from what you've already said tbh.

Yes hope we find out one day, and don't forget to bump your post filled with Ignorance.

Ngannou starched Blaydes twice. Blaydes was landing on Aspinall, brifefly yes, before hurting his knees.

Aspinall hasn't done shit on the ground. This post crazy af.

If Spivak ain't a great grappler, hell than neither has faced any good grappler worth of note since he's the best Aspinall has faced either.

Anyhow, let's hope this fight comes to fruition. I think Gane will make him look bad, but Aspinall is younger and is great in his own right.

But this whole talk of his grappling is entirely delusional. Don't forget to bump this after and when they fight. Aspinall may win, but it won't be the way you think. I don't think he does anyways, but when this fight happens, Gane is probably older. But still don't think it would matter, but Aspinall is solid too. Everything equal, Gane is better. Even if Gane is past his prime, it won't be the way you think.

Your post about his grappling is borderline delusional, if not entirely.

He shouldn't even be ranked 1st right now. It should be Sergei. I hope the UFC books Sergei vs Aspinall for the vacant belt cause Gane needs to win more fights to get a third title shot.

Against who? Gane & Pavlovich are waiting. Jailtn & Blaydes are booked.

There's literally nobody he could beat that would jump any of the aforementioned. Plus these big HW fights are less than 2 months away. Do the math.
Aspinall might get the vacant title shot against Sergei since he said he's willing to fight someone before fighting for the belt. The UFC doesn't like when guys try to sit out to get a title shot. Besides, Gane has had 2 title fights recently and lost both of them.

Aspinall might get the vacant title shot against Sergei since he said he's willing to fight someone before fighting for the belt. The UFC doesn't like when guys try to sit out to get a title shot. Besides, Gane has had 2 title fights recently and lost both of them.
Yeah but why would the UFC have moved Gane to #1contender?

It looks like they want to book Gane vs Pavlovich for a vacant belt if Jones and Stipe retire.

That's one of the many things that drive me nuts about the way this shit is run sir.

Always disliked that people just stay the #1 contender after losing their title fight. You climbed the mountain and got knocked back down. One would think you would go to at least the bottom top 5 with that metaphor.

Agreed. People can't seem to tear themselves away from using rankings as a measuring tool of "but who's better" which is not how active contender rankings should work. The amount of times I want to refer to a fighter as the "number one contender" because they're the obvious next choice for a title, but I pause cuz they're actually like #4 is annoyingly huge. Should simply be, what is your proximity to a title shot right now, based on your accomplishments with an emphasis on recency.

The rankings are like a mountain, where you can fight loads of people at the base, but only a few at the top, and is why failing at the top should be more costly.

Yeah did not like Gane acting all Diva and ducking other contenders for another shot at the title, can't wait for his reaction to this matchup lol
"Merde!"

Last edited:
Despite the MMA communities recent opinions of Gane's skills I'd still 100% expect him to UD both Pavlovich and Aspinall.

Yeah did not like Gane acting all Diva and ducking other contenders for another shot at the title, can't wait for his reaction to this matchup lol
yeah I mean he cant get a title shot every other time he competes lol
As much as I like the guy

Back