News [UPDATE] Khamzat Chimaev Vs. Kamaru Usman Now OFFICIAL for UFC 294. Costa Out of Fight.

FUN FIGHT.
however, no direct impact on MW standings.

Kamaru also declined badly physically in the last fight. Interesting to see how he looks with added weight, and less cutting.

Meh, Unless Usman is staying at 185 this is a pretty meaningless fight.

At least we might get a sloppy kickbozing match like it usually happens with 2 wrestlers.

Well shit, replacement fight isnt that bad, or bad at all, its just in the wrong weight class, its not like either guy's stock wont raise on a win, but at the same time...Chimaev is now a MW i think, Usman has not fought at MW in the UFC, is he getting a title shot or a ranking at MW from beating a short notice WW? And for Usman, i guess he gets the "best" deal in victory, or even in defeat, losing to a guy that is perceived as too big for WW for the most part, gets to skip lines at WW most likely if he wins, if he loses, well, short notice and bigger opponent.

how are more than half of "fans" ignoring that these are all short notice fights, with the fighters going up in weight? a name alone means shite, if that name hasn't been training consistently. fight camp training, is totally different than moving around at the gym. i thought sherdog of all places knew better.

Im so done with Costa. I dont care for him and I hope UFC stops wasting seriously good fighters time and dedication with this bullshit clown.

This card just got so much better. Oliveira and Costa can kick rocks.

This is an even more difficult fight for Khamzat and he will struggle to use his wrestling against Usman. We are gonna get two wrestlers Boxing again and Usman has way better hands.

Usman by decision.

Why the hell would Usman accept this on such a short notice and risk getting humiliated? Doesn't make much sense to me but ok.
Because he is a shell of his former self with no knees .If he loses to anyone else he is done for good and a win could get him a shot with Strickland?

how are more than half of "fans" ignoring that these are all short notice fights, with the fighters going up in weight? a name alone means shite, if that name hasn't been training consistently. fight camp training, is totally different than moving around at the gym. i thought sherdog of all places knew better.

Volk and Usman are PROFESSIONAL fighters at the HIGHEST level.

Of course they are training bro, this is their fucking job lol.

We all suspected this would happen - getting Costa and Chimaev to the ring together is like herding cats....
upload_2023-10-11_16-34-40.png

Two replacements that actually made the fights just as good, if not better.

Usman has definitely been training, he was supposed to fight soon. Khamzat is at a disadvantage since he hasn’t prepared for a wrestler.

Back