Opinion Why is Gentrification always a bad thing ?

ok then your presence on earth is objectively bad and you shouldnt exist
Don't get mad at me bro. I'm not the relativist. "It's like, whatever makes you feel good man." Lay off of the weed bro.

objectively your existence is a net negative.
Don't get all emotional bro. Just having some fun. At least say something new and don't repeat yourself. Or explain what got you to moral relativism. I'm sure that's interesting.

This forum is on a roll lately.

Why is slavery bad? Why do Americans care about slavery? Why is gentrification bad?

next on the topic list : Why is genocide considered evil? Isn't a world with one race better??

smh

Don't get all emotional bro. Just having some fun. At least say something new and don't repeat yourself. Or explain what got you to moral relativism. I'm sure that's interesting.
if you are having fun then technically you are getting emotional as well. joy is an emotion.

Gentrification is a good thing, but you creeped it up by talking about evolution. Yikes.

How is it good when you are just moving poor people from one place to another? The overall quality of the country does not improve. It just forces people to move from one spot to another while simultaneously making the poor group poorer in the process.

It kills working class neighborhoods.

It's not. It's nearly always a good thing. Brings it more businesses, lower crime rates, better class of citizen and pushes out the unwashed dregs.

Wins

It's not. It's nearly always a good thing. Brings it more businesses, lower crime rates, better class of citizen and pushes out the unwashed dregs.

Wins

But, but butt.........good things are too white.

It is good because it displaces the plebs to the suburbs

Gentrification: The process whereby the character of a poor urban area is changed by wealthier people moving in, improving housing, and attracting new businesses - typically displacing current inhabitants in the process.

NY10Years_009.jpg

In a nut shell, if a certain demographic is unable to maintain a clean, safe, and vibrant neighborhood, they are ousted by those who are able and willing. Isn't this how evolution works; survival of the fittest ?

The conditions of a neighborhood are mostly the result of the choices of the people who live there; not only income levels. If certain groups choose to embrace a culture which leads to rampant poverty, illiteracy, and crime, isn't it a good thing if that culture is displaced and eventually disillusioned to the point they abandon the attitudes which got them there in the first place ?
It’s not. It has to happen

People have to live somewhere Sherbro.

From what I read, without London the rest of Britain wouldnt be much better off than Mississippi, the poorest State in the US. And I'm not talking about the aesthetic, charm, and quality of people of Britain, but just about the wealth inequality concentrated to London that doesnt filter outward.

Nah that's bollocks. If anything quality of life is higher outside London because the cost of living isn't as ridiculous.

Back