Matthew Perry Dead At 54

How is it not putting family and friends first to spend 2 seconds showing respect for the dead sir?
You made a couple of good points here, but then they became moot because you came off like a douche while saying it.

Thanks for your 2 bits though, absolutely illuminating.
Will they pay respect to you when you die? Let me answer that for you... NO! But hey, do your thing. Some people will understand my perspective and some people will still live in their fantasy of television.

You know, I don’t even know the definition of grand standing off the top of my head. I just know the realities of life as we know it. I know the RAIDERS don’t give a fuck about you or I and that’s why I don’t give a shit about them or any celebrity or anyone else in that level of the world. I put stock in the realities of my everyday life. Family and true friends. But you can talk down on me if you want Peter my boy. Lol

See, now this makes sense, but nobody ever said that these people cared about anyone.
If you died tomorrow I would still spend a few seconds to respect your life after death.

Does that make me a bad person because you don't give a shit about us sir?

Last edited:
Will they pay respect to you when you die? Let me answer that for you... NO! But hey, do your thing. Some people will understand my perspective and some people will still live in their fantasy of television.

Oh I absolutely understand your point and its not fully wrong, nor is it fully right.
Showing respect for the dead is just that, showing respect.
That does not negate how I feel about my family and friends.

You're taking this to the Nth degree which really doesn't make sense.

JfuEYhX.gif

Damn, reading up on him. He was a hard-core addict. Nearly died several times, had a colostomy bag due to drug usage, would fly between Switzerland and LA on private jets to score scripts for oxy and k. Almost 10 million on drugs, 15 rehab stints and 14 stomach surgeries.

I always liked friends, people love to shit on it but it was funny and light hearted, and chandler was hilarious especially in the early seasons.

RIP perry aka miss chanandler bong

Yeah it's like people who are still mad at Robert Pattinson for being in Twilight 15 years ago. I grt hating Friends when you were 13 but as a grown man? It was a pretty funny show and completely harmless.

I haven't read the thread and don't know if it was mentioned, but the acting talent of comedy orientated actors often gets overlooked.
He played in an episode of the 1st season of '90210' and impressed me quite a bit.
If you haven't seen it, check it out.

At 54, cardiac arrest, drowning...? Unnatural. Hope something positive can come from this unfortunate thing...
Seems like the cardiac arrest would have killed him if the drowning didn't if had been somewhere else without people around.

Here's what you're missing and why you sound like a psychopath.

Why does it matter if he cared about us? Guy was a regular part of our lives for weeks and years and brought a sliver of happiness to many.

You don't have music or books or art that moves you? If you do you don't care at all about the person/mind/talent that connects with you? If not, you're probably not right.

Never met Steve Irwin. But I STILL wish he was out there doing what meant so much to so many.

Never met Ronnie James Dio but his passing meant something to me because of the influence his music had on my life.

Same with Perry. It's not actor worship. It's human empathy toward someone who meant at least something to a lot of people.

Back