News Alexander Volkanovski vs. Ilia Topuria set for UFC 298 on Feb. 17, location TBD

Who wins?

• Total voters
I'm guessing Movar will be the backup? Him vs. Arnold is on that card and Allen is coming off of a loss.
They should make it an all-FW card, throw Bryce amd Giga on there

If ilia is a big dog I’ll sprinkle him

he’ll be able to keep it standing …. From there he hits hard and he’s fast …. It’s intriguing

if Volk beats him He’s cleaned the division …. This is Volks hardest test for sure !!! Ilia is no joke !

You can't say you've cleaned your division when you potentially have an 18-0 guy (Movsar) who just beat a top contender sitting there.

But Volk still should move up after this fight and not worry about this cleaning business. Whack one mole, another pops up. At 35, he doesn't have time for it.

Hard to imagine Volk losing but my gut is saying to expect an upset. This is gonna be a great fight

Funny thing is when ilia dominates him you all will start talking about volk being old and out of prime i am 100% sure it will be like that you will not addmit ilia is just better

Ilia is coming for the belt. The guy is a power punching beast with good wrestling. Volk is washed up!

I wonder if this will be in Australia. Whittaker vs Usman or Whittaker vs Costa(who Usman again fills in for) would be a solid co-main if so

He is getting up there in age and that KO is going to have a lasting impact on him. Topuria is the start of his downward slide at 145.
It is inevitable but I don't think Volk is at that stage yet. I actually picked Ilia but not because Volk is washed up.

It is inevitable but I don't think Volk is at that stage yet. I actually picked Ilia but not because Volk is washed up.
Ilia is a beast and on a tear right now. I just don't think Volk has it anymore, I would be happy to be wrong and see him go on a win streak but I think he is sliding down. Either way I think this will be a great fight.

What's inevitable?

And you don't think volk is at what stage?

Ilia is a beast and on a tear right now. I just don't think Volk has it anymore, I would be happy to be wrong and see him go on a win streak but I think he is sliding down. Either way I think this will be a great fight.
Worst case for Volk is an Edgar/RDA career with a win/lost pattern after sliding down from their peaks. Volk won't be a Tony Ferguson like you're trying to paint. Maybe if he trains in the US full time for a change of scenery, coaches and partners might do him good. Lots of fighters became better after a tramautic loss and Volk looks like he belongs in that category.

Surprised at the reaction to this fight. Why are so many picking against Volk? I know he is coming off a brutal KO loss but that was against Islam Makhachev. I just cant confidently pick against Volk at FW.

Dedicated thread for this fight vs the thread talking about all 3 that were announced.

I'm picking Ilia.

Volk is still cagier, and probably tougher, but Volk's mind is coming off of a devastating, humiliating loss — and he's at the downward roll of a fast slope, being 35 years of age at FW.

Meanwhile, Ilia Topuria is at 26 years of age, which means he's coming into his prime, and he is showing very solid and everything. Only knock is he appears a little slow to me ...

Volk's experience might carry it for him, but after this KO loss, I think it's the beginning of the end for Volk.

If Topuria wins, I would like to see him and Max throw down.

Last edited:
Pass the belt!

Divisions with iron kings stall un-made matchups

I prefer the belt not hanging around someones waist too long

MW moved on, it’s time for FW to do so

Back