• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Jiri Prochazka Wants UFC to Bring Back ‘No Time Limit’ Fights

Bring Back No Time Limit?

• Total voters
Completely concur ... been watching this shit since UFC I,

"No biting, no eye-gouging" ... the only rules.
Head-butts, nut-shots, knees on the ground ... ALL LEGAL

Fights were way more exciting and unpredictable.

And, most importantly, Aljamain would have never made Champion <Lmaoo><45>

You've been watching since UFC 1...so you enjoyed Severn vs. Shamrock 2, Royce vs. Shamrock, etc., where literally nothing happened for 40 minutes?

Guaranteed we'd have a repeat of fights like that without time limits. Hell, we just had Almeida sat on Lewis for 5 rounds. Imagine if he could sit there for an hour straight.

You know mma is so stale compared to how it used to be...I wouldn't mind seeing a change to spice things up.

View attachment 1010567

Jiri Prochazka is not a fan of fights going to the judges’ scorecards.

According to Prochazka, with three different judges scoring the fight there are too many variables at play in arriving at the result. “BJP” would rather have two fighters simply go to battle with no time limits or no judges like in the early days of the UFC.

“I think the fights, especially in the UFC, can’t end for the points. Because for the points everytime there is a referee [judge], one referee is for him, one referee is for him and tell me, who wins. I think the best time for fighting was when that’s end for like no time limit…Bring it back,” Prochazka said recently on "The MMA Hour.”

If fights were to go on longer, Prochazka might have a slight advantage thanks to his past experience in Rizin Fighting Federation. The Czech was a light heavyweight champ in the Japanese promotion, which prior to 2018 had a rule set that featured a 10-minute first round followed by two five-minute rounds. According to Prochazka, once a fighter has accepted the initial shock of fighting beyond five minutes, they can focus on channelling their true warrior spirit.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jiri-Prochazka-Wants-UFC-to-Bring-Back-No-Time-Limit-Fights-191642

Yes, to the death

<RomeroSalute>

Jiri sure is growing on me.

Also bring back tournaments

:meow:

<{jackyeah}>

Imagine if Anderson Silva fought Demian Maia with no time limit

Ideally that's how it would be but it would make events way too long. A lot of Max Holloway fights would probably be like an hr.

That is not the UFC’s call. That is up to the AC. And to the best of my knowledge. No AC in the US will allow an mma fighter to be scheduled for more than 25:00 in one day/night.

The chances of that are zero. Even if the ufc thought it would improve the sport, they ain’t giving up the ad revenue between rds

TBH, if they did this, I would be really happy but with the tournament style too...just not 3 fights in one night...but space it out in eliminations...obviously, the new people could fight the other new people, so a separate tournament ...30 to 15....vs top 15 ...if its too many fights each year...make it 1 year and half...whatever seems to included rest time..I am sure they can keep it just as busy too.

Dana does not like this because its a blue collar type of idea and he rather hype and destroy fighters careers with his BS. If everyone had a chance each year, your old fighter might do well...or try longer. Personally, I would rather watch this more than who is talking what to who...the quite humble samurai could rise to the top without feeling the need to please the president.

g0myFr.gif

Nate Diaz would choke Leon Edwards in round 17 if they fought again.

<{natewhut}><{natewhut}><209Bitch><209Bitch>

Yes, to the death

<RomeroSalute>

Jiri sure is growing on me.

Also bring back tournaments

:meow:

<{jackyeah}>

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

No time limit but leave rounds.
And change the rules after round 3.
Example:
R4 knees to grounded oponent allowed
R5 also headbuts allowed
R6 also soccerkicks allowed
R7 also balls strikes allowed
More exiting that way :)

<{ohyeah}><{ohyeah}><{ohyeah}>

You probably were not around when the first UFC's were happening, but 99% of thus fights were more exciting than the ship that goes on today.

Lol wut? @HI SCOTT NEWMAN is like the village elder ya’ goof. Guarantee he was there for early UFC, and I’m pretty sure he has them on VHS.

View attachment 1010567

Jiri Prochazka is not a fan of fights going to the judges’ scorecards.

According to Prochazka, with three different judges scoring the fight there are too many variables at play in arriving at the result. “BJP” would rather have two fighters simply go to battle with no time limits or no judges like in the early days of the UFC.

“I think the fights, especially in the UFC, can’t end for the points. Because for the points everytime there is a referee [judge], one referee is for him, one referee is for him and tell me, who wins. I think the best time for fighting was when that’s end for like no time limit…Bring it back,” Prochazka said recently on "The MMA Hour.”

If fights were to go on longer, Prochazka might have a slight advantage thanks to his past experience in Rizin Fighting Federation. The Czech was a light heavyweight champ in the Japanese promotion, which prior to 2018 had a rule set that featured a 10-minute first round followed by two five-minute rounds. According to Prochazka, once a fighter has accepted the initial shock of fighting beyond five minutes, they can focus on channelling their true warrior spirit.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jiri-Prochazka-Wants-UFC-to-Bring-Back-No-Time-Limit-Fights-191642

Nate Would be Invencible.

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble deciphering idiot-speak.

Can you speak in normal English? Do you have any actual experience

Idiot speak: Suggesting that the UFC cut the guy with the knockout record because Almeida wanted to play it safe.

Fucking clown.

There is of course no way an athletic commission would ever allow it , and I remember seeing some old vale tudo matches back in the day that were 1 60 minute round that were basically unwatchable. But I am in love with the memory of the Sakuraba Vs Royce confrontation, it would be really fun to break out these rules every 5 to 10 years to settle the most serious and bitter conflicts

Back