Jiri Prochazka Wants UFC to Bring Back ‘No Time Limit’ Fights

Bring Back No Time Limit?

• Total voters
Nope

If there is no winner, one extra round with only uppercuts allowed while making the cage much smaller.

We got rid of that because when you tell a fighter that he is going to have to fight for 30 minutes, they coast most of the time thinking about their cardio. Jiri is wild but he doesn't seem to have high fight IQ, he overcompensates by being such a finisher though. The no limit doesn't exist, the comission would never accept it. Only Japan did it in their 2000 GP and you can watch it. It was boring as fuck because there was no urgency.

Look at boxing, they used to have fights that would go as long as 60 rounds to make sure there was a finish when they were starting. That's literally 4 hours of fighting from start to finish. How were those fights? Well, there were just a few punches thrown per round, barely any footwork, mostly faints. They needed to do it for 4 hours after all. Whoever uses their cardio and fails to stop the other guy is doomed. Boring as fuck

15 minutes with 2 minutes in between is perfect. I even think that 25 minutes is a bit too much

In a perfect world, where a PPV had only 3-5 high level important fights, (ZERO FILLER)

I'd love to see it.

The Meta of MMA has really gone the Sport/Point route even more so in strategy.

I don't know about no time limits but I'd be a big fan of bringing back no rounds

Completely concur ... been watching this shit since UFC I,

"No biting, no eye-gouging" ... the only rules.
Head-butts, nut-shots, knees on the ground ... ALL LEGAL
Bring back Hoice Gracie hairgrabbing so retards like Kimo and Jiri lose fights due to stupid hairdo choices.

PD: Yeah, I'm getting bald, and never took a steroid in my life.

Last edited:
keep it how it is, but non-finishes after 3 or 5 rounds means the fighters begin Power Slap and continue until someone is unconscious or disqualified

Bring back Hoice Gracie hairgrabbing so retards like Kimo and Jiri lose fights for stupid hairdo choices.

PD: Yeah, I'm getting bald, and necer took an steroid in my life.

Yes.

Apparently you never took an English class, either.

We got rid of that because when you tell a fighter that he is going to have to fight for 30 minutes, they coast most of the time thinking about their cardio. Jiri is wild but he doesn't seem to have high fight IQ, he overcompensates by being such a finisher though. The no limit doesn't exist, the comission would never accept it. Only Japan did it in their 2000 GP and you can watch it. It was boring as fuck because there was no urgency.

To be fair thats mostly because Royce was very one dimensional so Saku could fight him that way plus I think Saku was trying to make a point beating Royce by his own rules and getting him to throw the towel in.

Yes.

Apparently you never took an English class, either.
Last time I took an ESL class was in 2003, dude. Maybe I didn't learn shit or maybe managed to forget all, but I got to watch UFC38 live, and got a myself a new hobby, so not all my efforts were wasted. And my keyboard is fucked. Sue me.

Last edited:

Let Them Bang Bro?

source.gif
I say yes. Less rounds equals less rest and less game playing and more trying to finish fights. And no more banking rounds, etc.. I think more fights would finish more quickly and there would be less judge and betting weirdness.

But less betting weirdness might not work for anyone except fans so that might not be a goal for UFC, the commission, or anyone else.

keep it how it is, but non-finishes after 3 or 5 rounds means the fighters begin Power Slap and continue until someone is unconscious or disqualified

power-slap.gif

I say yes. Less rounds equals less rest and less game playing and more trying to finish fights. And no more banking rounds, etc.. I think more fights would finish more quickly and there would be less judge and betting weirdness.

But less betting weirdness might not work for anyone except fans so that might not be a goal for UFC, the commission, or anyone else.

Plus... Herb to make sure the tap isn't early ;)

k0Vajv.gif

Back