Jiri Prochazka Wants UFC to Bring Back ‘No Time Limit’ Fights

Bring Back No Time Limit?

• Total voters
View attachment 1010567

Jiri Prochazka is not a fan of fights going to the judges’ scorecards.

According to Prochazka, with three different judges scoring the fight there are too many variables at play in arriving at the result. “BJP” would rather have two fighters simply go to battle with no time limits or no judges like in the early days of the UFC.

“I think the fights, especially in the UFC, can’t end for the points. Because for the points everytime there is a referee [judge], one referee is for him, one referee is for him and tell me, who wins. I think the best time for fighting was when that’s end for like no time limit…Bring it back,” Prochazka said recently on "The MMA Hour.”

If fights were to go on longer, Prochazka might have a slight advantage thanks to his past experience in Rizin Fighting Federation. The Czech was a light heavyweight champ in the Japanese promotion, which prior to 2018 had a rule set that featured a 10-minute first round followed by two five-minute rounds. According to Prochazka, once a fighter has accepted the initial shock of fighting beyond five minutes, they can focus on channelling their true warrior spirit.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jiri-Prochazka-Wants-UFC-to-Bring-Back-No-Time-Limit-Fights-191642

I don't really want to know who has the best cardio or can run the most marathons.

Not interested in no time limits.

It sounds like a JBG dream, but ultimately favours grinders and energy-sapping grapplers.

Jiri probably only mentions it because he knows it won't happen, but it sounds 'Samurai'.

I think it would be cool for the UFC to do a Pride rules thing, maybe in Japan or something. Why the hell not? They are partnered with the WWE anyway, and its not like the rightful fighter always gets the title fight. Lean into the shenanigans

I don't think it should be the standard, but it should definitely be an option. There should be much more options and diversity in MMA! Bring back open weight class too! More matches like Demetrious vs Rodtang! Maybe an extra round when there is a draw, maybe.

That is not the UFC’s call. That is up to the AC. And to the best of my knowledge. No AC in the US will allow an mma fighter to be scheduled for more than 25:00 in one day/night.

Abu Dhabi it is!!

I don't really want to know who has the best cardio or can run the most marathons.

It sounds like a JBG dream, but ultimately favours grinders and energy-sapping grapplers.

Jiri probably only mentions it because he knows it won't happen, but it sounds 'Samurai'.

It's just closer to a real fight. That speak a lot to someone who is truly passionate about fighting, someone like Jiri.

This is how he defeated Nemkov. By just being a savage with enormous amounts of cardio and durability. No time limit or longer rounds would definitely favour him. And it is also closer to a real fight, if that means anything. I would not be against the experiment.

Just do sudden death free chin checks on each other.

it even is slanted against LnP people!

Samurai Fight last 30 seconds if two Samurai are equal in skills can last 3 minutes before someone die.

No time limits eh? Works for me. So long as there is automatic stand-ups/no ground allowed. Take downs are fine but auto back to the feet. You're not gonna sucker me into watching 30 minute lay and prays again, no sir.

g0myFr.gif

<{natewhut}><{natewhut}><209Bitch><209Bitch>

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

<{ohyeah}><{ohyeah}><{ohyeah}>
lol...am I drinking that? ...I still think that would turn the whole fight game to something that would be more twist and turns like the early days.

I am all in support of a fight from the start to the end with no rounds..lets see....of course..that can go wrong with unskilled fighters..I mean...send two people...fight till one wins..without judges..hell yeah..one wins and one loses..that would be cool ...I saw UFC when it started...it was way better with the rounds of 3 vs 5 ...back at that time...it was like...someone wins or loses...it was different..of course the skill set was different too...but...the fight game changes when its to fight to the end...much different..it would be much more interesting imo. Yeah lazy fat turds that dont train would get exposed...

Last edited:
Make it one big round. There are standups now, although that depends on the ref.

Better have your conditioning in order.

Lol wut? @HI SCOTT NEWMAN is like the village elder ya’ goof. Guarantee he was there for early UFC, and I’m pretty sure he has them on VHS.
Haha :D thank you brother, now you are showing my age :D . Those UFC VHS tapes are Gold, not cut or edited like fightpass.

I think if we had no time limit the fights would go on forever, because how many fights in UFC go to decision these days? so many, especially a lot the WMMA fights, they would drag on forever, it would be hard to watch.

I'll be getting through too many bags of Skittles haha, and I'm already getting through a few per event as it is @Pequeño Corey :D

There is of course no way an athletic commission would ever allow it , and I remember seeing some old vale tudo matches back in the day that were 1 60 minute round that were basically unwatchable. But I am in love with the memory of the Sakuraba Vs Royce confrontation, it would be really fun to break out these rules every 5 to 10 years to settle the most serious and bitter conflicts

68526cd551d8630339770b2c9f05177d.gif

Almeida lay on Derrick for 10 more rounds until they both fall asleep. Yeahno thank you.
<45>

If we have no time limits, Wonderboy vs Woodley 2 would still be on TV right now.

Back