What "poor peoples food" do you guys enjoy

Just made pizza on burger buns,
My GF come from a wealthy family and told me she never had thoses!

Now I will hesitate before making her SPAM with Ramen...

Any others examples of good cheap meal you guys enjoy?
2 minute noodles.

I eat anything that´s somewhat healthy so I don´t notice food being cheap or expensive. I def skip on salamis and other meat abdominations that are filled with chemicals. And I skip pork almost always. But I pretty much like anyting, expesnive or healthy. I also avoid shrimps as they are cockroaches of the ocean.

try the ramen from japan. the ones with sesame oil/seeds. or the moderate chill samyang from korea.

the cheapest would be streetfood. bring her to a china town. its sure there are streetfood in the area.

Bagel with butter

wegmans thin crust frozen pizza (3$)

ramen with eggs

rice, bean, cheese, and chicken burritos

Also if you want a more elegant poverty food make Cacio e pepe. It’s only 4 ingredients.

Bucatini
butter (optional)
pepper
pecorino romano (this can be a little more pricey so you can substitute it with a cheaper Parmesan block)
I shop at Wegmans and tried their pizza but thought it was not good. Bad crust and very little sauce, cheese and toppings. Exactly which one do you buy? That whole grocery chain is overrated in my opinion.

Is that a burger a container? how big are their burgers?

Unless they've changed their packaging, those look like regular burger containers:

1703082426694.png

WC burgers are pretty small and you need 4 of them to equal 1 regular-sized fast food burger. WC slider = 150 calories. Big Mac has 572 cal and Whopper has 677 cal.

But even if those were regular sliders, that's 12 x 150 cal = 1800 cal which is a solid effort. Cheese sliders have 170 cal and Double bacon cheese sliders are 400 cal.

Last edited:
Unless they've changed their packaging, those look regular burger containers:

View attachment 1018628

WC burgers are pretty small and you need 4 of them to equal 1 regular-sized fast food burger. WC slider = 150 calories. Big Mac has 572 cal and Whopper has 677 cal.

But even if those were regular sliders, that's 12 x 150 cal = 1800 cal which is a solid effort. Cheese sliders have 170 cal and Double bacon cheese sliders are 400 cal.

thanks. i heard of WC, but never been to one or seen one in Canada. So wasn't sure about their sizes

I shop at Wegmans and tried their pizza but thought it was not good. Bad crust and very little sauce, cheese and toppings. Exactly which one do you buy? That whole grocery chain is overrated in my opinion.
I get the plain thin crust. Then I add grated parm, red pepper flakes, EVOO, and garlic powder. I think it comes out crispy and is decent for the price. I’m really picky when it comes to pizza having grown up in an area which has amazing pizza. This is the best pizza for the price imo.

I love Wegmans. It’s great compared to the grocery stores I have locally right now. It shits on Shop Rite, Aldi, and Acme. The selection and quality is not comparable. Costco is pretty good but it’s hard to shop there when you shop for only 1 person. So whenever I drive up north I stop at Wegmans.

thanks. i heard of WC, but never been to one or seen one in Canada. So wasn't sure about their sizes

Yeah I grew up in SoCal but never actually saw one until I lived in the northeast. Their sliders are a little different and have a small cult following. They're not bad I guess but are basically a small fast food burger - patties are very thin which makes them taste a little different and I think the buns have more corn syrup or something so they're a little sweeter than buns on a big mac or whopper.

Last edited:
Poor American version of “goulash”. Basically hobo stew. Ground beef with any old canned veggies and some broth. Took 30 years to find out what real goulash was, and wonder how all these moms were sooo very far off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back