Strickland is mentally unstable

sean’s a well-adjusted, disciplined 32-year-old guy who is playing a cartoon version of his teenage self. if he were the “mentally unstable” person he portrays, he’d be having frequent episodes like jason miller, and they’d be affecting his life negatively. instead, like most guys in their 30’s who are not schizo or bipolar, he is focused on his career, and settling into a comfortable, boring routine.

Mentally unstable is more the word. I know some real psychopaths and they do not act like Strickland does. Strickland is mostly acting crazy. He isn't really. It's to mask his insecurities. He found his comfortable shtick into acting he's a psychopath.

Mentally unstable is more the word. I know some real psychopaths and they do not act like Strickland does. Strickland is mostly acting crazy. He isn't really. It's to mask his insecurities. He found his comfortable shtick into acting he's a psychopath.
I dont think he is a psychopath. I just think he's a weird guy in a violent sport, and people like him do find their way there instead of ending up in jail. So The fight business is kind of perfect for him.

I dont think he is a psychopath. I just think he's a weird guy in a violent sport, and people like him do find their way there instead of ending up in jail. So The fight business is kind of perfect for him.

Agreed, Sean is definitely nothing close to a psychopath. He shows a lot of self awareness, real emotion, consideration for others, behavior control, etc. He has worked very hard and deliberately to not be the man he was expected to be.

Sean went from Abercrombie & Fitch model to who he is now.
1703068929423.png

To me he just seems like the typical bully who loves to dish it out, but can't take it.

He hides behind his crazy guy act so he doesn't get called out on his BS.

I've seen tons of people like that, they talk shit about everybody, use all sorts of crass language, but the moment someone pushes back on them, they get real defensive and act like they're above it.

The hypocrisy just oozes out of people like that.

Fuck Strickland. I was on board with him until this most recent presser where he actually got his feelings hurt. The guy goes at everybody and nothing is off limits, yet when the tables are turned he fucking crumbles, like the "snowflakes" he loves to condemn. Boo hoo Sean, you giant crybaby.

Imagine what might happen once he retires from the fight business and isn't able to channel his violence through sport anymore.

I don't like Strickland nor his fighting style but I believe he's suffering from unresolved trauma. His edgelord schtick is some kind of coping mechanism. Someone needs to get him therapy to address his mental health issues before he really goes off the deep end.

Imagine what might happen once he retires from the fight business and isn't able to channel his violence through sport anymore.

I don't like Strickland nor his fighting style but I believe he's suffering from unresolved trauma. His edgelord schtick is some kind of coping mechanism. Someone needs to get him therapy to address his mental health issues before he really goes off the deep end.
Yes but having unresolved trauma just makes him a human being,not a psychopath.

Last edited:

I'd hold off on the therapy until the tail end of his career, it's the hate and desire not to be what everyone told him he was going to be growing up that fuels the fire burning within him. Therapy may put that fire out.

I'd hold off on the therapy until the tail end of his career, it's the hate and desire not to be what everyone told him he was going to be growing up that fuels the fire burning within him. Therapy may put that fire out.
Also he became a champion. Even if he loses it in his next fight, the guy was a world champion. He kinda downplays it w his self deprecating style,but that shit he can always hang his hat on.

Back