Gane is an easy win for Pavlovich. Sergei has too much KO power that Gane cannot avoid.

Gane destroyed Black Beast, Tuivasa and Rozenstruike. He was also outstriking Ngannou. No reason he can't do the same to Pavlovich.

Gane is obviously weak to wrestlers but I don't see anyone beating him on the feet except MAYBE Aspinall (but Aspinall would probably wrestle him).
Gane got dropped on his ass hard by Tuivasa backing away with his chin straight up like he does nearly every exchange. As for the finish, it was kind of okay. It looked better on Wikipedia than it did on screen.
Black Beast has always been a do-or-die kind of fighter, not some slick unhittable striking phenom.
Rozenstruik was an okay win. He sort of stayed out of range and kept up a solid pace. I'd hardly call it destruction.

Gane destroyed Black Beast, Tuivasa and Rozenstruike. He was also outstriking Ngannou. No reason he can't do the same to Pavlovich.

Gane is obviously weak to wrestlers but I don't see anyone beating him on the feet except MAYBE Aspinall (but Aspinall would probably wrestle him).
Aspinall is the only one in that entire division with the footwork and speed to possibly beat Gane on the feet.

TS said the same thing about Tom A's last fight. That's why he has a new Sherdog account ;)

Gane has little to no power... that's a bad combination against a USSR tank like Pavlovich who can just walk through you and nuke you.
Um.
He has to actually hit him.
Gane does circles around Pav.
And Aspinall.
And anyone.
He's the best kickboxer in MMA.
The only way to beat him is wrestling.

Pav is an easy win for Gane. Gane has too much KO power that Pav cannot avoid.

There.
I said it.

What does any of it mean? Existentially?

Here are the gifs of the more powerful and superior boxer Ngannou knocking out Gane

Maybe, maybe not.

Pavlovich had trouble with Aspinall's speed and movement. Granted Aspinall is faster than Gane but he is still a very quick HW.

On the other hand, if Tai Tuivasa can get to Gane's chin Sergei probably can too I'd imagine.

It's a tough fight to call I think.

Gane got dropped on his ass hard by Tuivasa backing away with his chin straight up like he does nearly every exchange. As for the finish, it was kind of okay. It looked better on Wikipedia than it did on screen.
Black Beast has always been a do-or-die kind of fighter, not some slick unhittable striking phenom.
Rozenstruik was an okay win. He sort of stayed out of range and kept up a solid pace. I'd hardly call it destruction.
It was 50-45 domination though.
Gane isn't perfect of course but he beat all those knockout artists, including the standup rounds with Ngannou. Pavlovich is a bit more of a forward marching soldier and straight puncher but otherwise he's pretty similar to those guys. Other than a puncher's chance I don't see why he would succeed where the other guys failed.

I think we'd finally see Sergei use his wrestling that Khabib says he has.

Getty-Images-1242926007-3.webp

Gane has been only hurt like one time his whole UFC run when Tuivasa landed on him, but yeah sure it's a given Pav will nuke Gane with ease? I like both fighters but Pav's chances plummet fast with every round that passes.

Last edited:
Pavlovich is exactly the type of fighter Gane should defeat easy. Blaydes and Aspinall are infinitely harder matchups on paper.

Agreed. A guy that only comes forward and wants to bang? That's exactly what you want if you're Gane. If it were to happen, Pav would be smart to mix in grappling.

Francis became Ben Askren out of respect for Gane, and Pav is just a watered down version of him on his best day. And I like Pav.

People forget that for the Tuivasa fight Gane was trying to put on a show and fighting more aggressively than he normally does. Assuming it stays on the feet, Gane should probably do better than Pavlovich. I don't think Gane has paper TDD as bad as people think he does either. Would be a good fight to book next to see who comes out ahead.

Back