Media Ciryl Gane sparring 6’6” 280lbs GLORY Heavyweight Tariq Osaro

Who would win a potential fight?

• Total voters
Always appreciate your Dutch infused / Kickboxing oriented threads man

That’s pretty interesting

Has he been working on his grappling?
I’m not sure as of recently, but last year Gane used to train a lot with Shamil Gaziev, the undefeated heavyweight who’s fighting Jairzinho Rozenstruik today (me and @Safton both are on his hypetrain).
@Safton that didn’t go as planned man, but oh well, I’m happy my man Bigi Boy is back in the win column.
Thoughts on the fight?

I love kickboxing but the disparity between higher end MMA strikers and kickboxers in stand up isnt that big anymore honestly, especially at the heavier weights. Its not like the 90s and early 00s when K1 was bigger than the UFC and Pride and the pay was better. Gane probably beats everyone other than Rico imho.

@Safton that didn’t go as planned man, but oh well, I’m happy my man Bigi Boy is back in the win column.
Thoughts on the fight?

I'll eat my crow gladly! Here you go: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shamil-gaziev-war-wagon.4307868/post-172977179

Bigi Boy looked great! He has been slowly but surely shoring up his defensive grappling over the course of his career, which is one of his more underrated aspects. It was also interesting to see him take on the role of a high-output "point-fighter" this time around as the typical criticism against him is that he tries too hard to hang out on the back foot and snipe/pick his shots, oftentimes relying entirely on counters. I think the nature of the match-up played heavily into that, but nonetheless it was good to see him fill those shoes eagerly and show Shamil levels even if I am bummed by the result.

I'll eat my crow gladly! Here you go: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shamil-gaziev-war-wagon.4307868/post-172977179

Bigi Boy looked great! He has been slowly but surely shoring up his defensive grappling over the course of his career, which is one of his more underrated aspects. It was also interesting to see him take on the role of a high-output "point-fighter" this time around as the typical criticism against him is that he tries too hard to hang out on the back foot and snipe/pick his shots, oftentimes relying entirely on counters. I think the nature of the match-up played heavily into that, but nonetheless it was good to see him fill those shoes eagerly and show Shamil levels even if I am bummed by the result.
Jup, Roz sticked to his gameplan, and approached this matchup the way he should have.
Also, you never said it was going to be an easy win for Gaziev, knowing there’s a risk in fighting Jairzinho because it wasn’t the most easy fight on paper.
Who would you like to see Shamil fight next though?

I love kickboxing but the disparity between higher end MMA strikers and kickboxers in stand up isnt that big anymore honestly, especially at the heavier weights. Its not like the 90s and early 00s when K1 was bigger than the UFC and Pride and the pay was better. Gane probably beats everyone other than Rico imho.
What's the talent pool nowadays for kickboxing anyway? Are they actually making any money there?

The highlights of this guy look pretty dang good I'm not gonna lie, pretty talented from what I can see for a big guy.

I predict whiter-than-white belt Gane gets taken down and submitted by the kickboxer in less than a minute.
Man,
Gane went from HW Jones killa to "whiter-then-white belt" in a matter of seconds after getting choked out by the GOAT

Dude has like 4 submissions wins on his resume

Jones does that to folk.

Tariq ‘Cookie’ Osaro is a 28-year-old Nigerian-Dutch professional Kickboxer and the former GLORY Interim Heavyweight champion, with a Kickboxing record of 25-3-1 (13 KO/TKO).
Former UFC Interim Heavyweight champion Ciryl Gane has a MuayThai record of 14-0 (9 KO/TKO), but he obviously didn’t fight the level of competition Cookie did.

Nevertheless, I think Ciryl Gane did great in this sparring session!
You can clearly see how insanely skilled and slick he is. And don’t forget, were Bon Gamin to focus on kickboxing full time, he would be an even better and more complete striker.
However, I have to say that it’s probably 'easier' for Gane to look good in this type of sparring compared to Osaro. Cookie is kind of a plodding heavyweight, with much more heavy punches than Gane (Tariq also punches from weird angles), so he can’t really let go in sparring as much as Ciryl.

Here’s their sparring video:

Anyways, very interesting footage and without a doubt valuable sparring for both guys, which in particular (given their styles) might help Gane prepare for a potential clash with Sergei Pavlovich, and prepare Osaro for a potential rematch against Rico Verhoeven.

Also, here’s a cool Youtube-video of their training at MMA Factory in Paris with some nice insights, featuring Ciryl Gane & his coach Fernand Lopez, and Tariq Osaro & his coach Big Mike Passenier:

Tariq Osaro on sparring Bon Gamin, and Ciryl Gane on sparring Cookie:

To get a better idea of how big Tariq Osaro actually is, I have some pics of him dwarfing UFC Heavyweight & TUF-winner Mohammed Usman, and two-time Sherdog Poster of the Year winner Maurits School :)

View attachment 1032081

View attachment 1032084

All these things considered, I think Ciryl Gane did a great job in sparring!

Who would win a potential fight … Bon Gamin or Cookie?

Damn he actually is big

Tariq ‘Cookie’ Osaro is a 28-year-old Nigerian-Dutch professional Kickboxer and the former GLORY Interim Heavyweight champion, with a Kickboxing record of 25-3-1 (13 KO/TKO).
Former UFC Interim Heavyweight champion Ciryl Gane has a MuayThai record of 14-0 (9 KO/TKO), but he obviously didn’t fight the level of competition Cookie did.

Nevertheless, I think Ciryl Gane did great in this sparring session!
You can clearly see how insanely skilled and slick he is. And don’t forget, were Bon Gamin to focus on kickboxing full time, he would be an even better and more complete striker.
However, I have to say that it’s probably 'easier' for Gane to look good in this type of sparring compared to Osaro. Cookie is kind of a plodding heavyweight, with much more heavy punches than Gane (Tariq also punches from weird angles), so he can’t really let go in sparring as much as Ciryl.

Here’s their sparring video:

Anyways, very interesting footage and without a doubt valuable sparring for both guys, which in particular (given their styles) might help Gane prepare for a potential clash with Sergei Pavlovich, and prepare Osaro for a potential rematch against Rico Verhoeven.

Also, here’s a cool Youtube-video of their training at MMA Factory in Paris with some nice insights, featuring Ciryl Gane & his coach Fernand Lopez, and Tariq Osaro & his coach Big Mike Passenier:

Tariq Osaro on sparring Bon Gamin, and Ciryl Gane on sparring Cookie:

To get a better idea of how big Tariq Osaro actually is, I have some pics of him dwarfing UFC Heavyweight & TUF-winner Mohammed Usman, and two-time Sherdog Poster of the Year winner Maurits School :)

View attachment 1032081

View attachment 1032084

All these things considered, I think Ciryl Gane did a great job in sparring!

Who would win a potential fight … Bon Gamin or Cookie?

fuck

These guys are MONSTARS

Bahram looked electric. Had issues with the straights, used headmovement to attack with hooks in the 2nd and he bullied Cookie for having poor cardio in the 3rd.
Jup, that was impressive stuff, and I don’t even think Cookie looked that bad. Rajabzadeh was just all over him.

You should definitely rewatch Bahram vs Levi man, I think you missed that one, right?
Rajabzadeh was on his way to easily winning a 10-9 in the first, but then the ref started counting him (I thought that wasn’t a knockdown, like many others), and according to Kickboxing rules Levi wins the first round by 10-8 (doesn’t matter how dominant Bahram was).
Rajabzadeh was pushing the action until the last second of the third round, while Rigters looked like he was about to get finished, so Bahram was the moral winner, and the whole crowd felt the same (although Levi won according to KB-rules IF you scored that a knockdown).

Back