Media Ciryl Gane sparring 6’6” 280lbs GLORY Heavyweight Tariq Osaro

Who would win a potential fight?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tariq ‘Cookie’ Osaro is a 28-year-old Nigerian-Dutch professional Kickboxer and the former GLORY Interim Heavyweight champion, with a Kickboxing record of 25-3-1 (13 KO/TKO).
Former UFC Interim Heavyweight champion Ciryl Gane has a MuayThai record of 14-0 (9 KO/TKO), but he obviously didn’t fight the level of competition Cookie did.

Nevertheless, I think Ciryl Gane did great in this sparring session!
You can clearly see how insanely skilled and slick he is. And don’t forget, were Bon Gamin to focus on kickboxing full time, he would be an even better and more complete striker.
However, I have to say that it’s probably 'easier' for Gane to look good in this type of sparring compared to Osaro. Cookie is kind of a plodding heavyweight, with much more heavy punches than Gane (Tariq also punches from weird angles), so he can’t really let go in sparring as much as Ciryl.

Here’s their sparring video:

Anyways, very interesting footage and without a doubt valuable sparring for both guys, which in particular (given their styles) might help Gane prepare for a potential clash with Sergei Pavlovich, and prepare Osaro for a potential rematch against Rico Verhoeven.

Also, here’s a cool Youtube-video of their training at MMA Factory in Paris with some nice insights, featuring Ciryl Gane & his coach Fernand Lopez, and Tariq Osaro & his coach Big Mike Passenier:

Tariq Osaro on sparring Bon Gamin, and Ciryl Gane on sparring Cookie:

To get a better idea of how big Tariq Osaro actually is, I have some pics of him dwarfing UFC Heavyweight & TUF-winner Mohammed Usman, and two-time Sherdog Poster of the Year winner Maurits School :)

1709181191812.jpeg

1709181438411.jpeg

All these things considered, I think Ciryl Gane did a great job in sparring!

Who would win a potential fight … Bon Gamin or Cookie?

About Gane's sparring partner Tariq Osaro:

Next weekend (Saturday, March 9) he will compete in the prestigious GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix, and Ciryl will most likely be in attendance (like me).
Cookie's opponent in his first fight of the 8-man one-night Tournament will be ‘The Golden Wolf’ Bahram Rajabzadeh (66-1, 58 KO/TKO) from Azerbaijan:

1709182020180.jpeg

And that fight is going to be such a banger:

Let's hope for Cookie that sparring Ciryl Gane has prepared him for the tough war that awaits him next week:cool:

Cookie most likely beats Gane in KB if we went off what they both look like now IMO.

Gane has been showing he can fight at range and even seems like the more slick dude out of the 2 but without stopping power like Pereira (for his class) or the ability to string together longer combinations like most Kick-boxers do I think Cookie would overcome a slow start and start tracking Gane to pepper him with long, mean combinations like Kick-boxers tend to do.

Bahram may seem small for a HW but he has some insane power and can stone cold KO probably any human on the planet.
Will be an absolute banger fight. Hope more of these high level kickboxers, especially the heavyweights, start crossing over in larger numbers.

Bahram may seem small for a HW but he has some insane power and can stone cold KO probably any human on the planet.
Will be an absolute banger fight. Hope more of these high level kickboxers, especially the heavyweights, start crossing over in larger numbers.
Bahram Rajabzadeh is a madman, freaking scary dude:

IMO Cookie needs to be on his absolute A-game to beat him, we’ll see.
All I know is that fight ain’t lasting 3 rounds, lol🤣

Bahram Rajabzadeh is a madman, freaking scary dude:

IMO Cookie needs to be on his absolute A-game to beat him, we’ll see.
All I know is that fight ain’t lasting 3 rounds, lol🤣

Absolute killer. Just put the event down in my calendar, will be looking for you in the crowd!

Gane did pretty well in sparring. He was tagging Osaro regularly

1709181438411.jpeg
Very kind of you to cut height for this picture

Tariq ‘Cookie’ Osaro is a 28-year-old Nigerian-Dutch professional Kickboxer and the former GLORY Interim Heavyweight champion, with a Kickboxing record of 25-3-1 (13 KO/TKO).
Former UFC Interim Heavyweight champion Ciryl Gane has a MuayThai record of 14-0 (9 KO/TKO), but he obviously didn’t fight the level of competition Cookie did.

You can clearly see how insanely skilled and slick he is. And don’t forget, were Bon Gamin to focus on kickboxing full time, he would be an even better and more complete striker.
However, I have to say that it’s probably 'easier' for Gane to look good in this type of sparring compared to Osaro. Cookie is kind of a plodding heavyweight, with much more heavy punches than Gane (Tariq also punches from weird angles), so he can’t really let go in sparring as much as Ciryl.

Anyways, very interesting footage and without a doubt valuable sparring for both guys, which in particular (given their styles) might help Gane prepare for a potential clash with Sergei Pavlovich, and prepare Osaro for a potential rematch against Rico Verhoeven.

Also, here’s a cool Youtube-video of their training at MMA Factory in Paris with some nice insights, featuring Ciryl Gane & his coach Fernand Lopez, and Tariq Osaro & his coach Big Mike Passenier:

To get a better idea of how big Tariq Osaro actually is, I have some pics of him dwarfing UFC Heavyweight & TUF-winner Mohammed Usman, and two-time Sherdog Poster of the Year winner Maurits School :)

View attachment 1032081

View attachment 1032084

Cool suff. Meanwhile, Aspinall is training with Rico. Aspinall vs Gane for UFC 300? Tom called for it.

Cookie most likely beats Gane in KB if we went off what they both look like now IMO.

Gane has been showing he can fight at range and even seems like the more slick dude out of the 2 but without stopping power like Pereira (for his class) or the ability to string together longer combinations like most Kick-boxers do I think Cookie would overcome a slow start and start tracking Gane to pepper him with long, mean combinations like Kick-boxers tend to do.
Cookie doesn't seem to do very well with tracking guys who have movement and are elusive if his fight with Rico is anything to go by. If the way Cookie fought Rico is the way he deals with all fighters with that style (I haven't seen enough of his fights to claim it is) then I can see Gane being able to win in a similar matter to how Rico did. Attacking from the outside, using his movement, cutting angles.

For sure. Do you think Osaro’s size will be a problem for him, especially the punches? I never considered Osaro to be a top dog, but his fights with Plazibat and Verhoeven made me change my mind.
Who do you favor to win this?

View attachment 1032081

View attachment 1032084

Once again you proved you are a big guy, a real sherdogger.

Maybe more wrestling / grappling would be a better use of said time but then again now for me overall he looks like just a glorified journeyman collecting some checks until his athleticism fail him, lucky he is in the heavier division.

Roll up roll up come and see the show.
Maurits is getting excited seeing the cookie crumble at the Frenchman's touch.

This benefits both men, more than anything else and even though het koekje was only half baked against Rico, he will grow in confidence with Gane sparring.

In a KB bout, I'd expect Gane to outpoint him but only in 60/40 favour. Tariq is bloody dangerous.

View attachment 1032081

View attachment 1032084

I think Cookie would beat him tbh.

I don't really get Gane. For MMA he has glaring weaknesses but always seems to work on his strong points. He could be such a force in MMA with a strong or even mediocre ground game . Hope he works his BJJ/ grappling more

Cookie has grown so much in 2023 as a fighter. I kind of doubted his potential after his fight against Levi Rigters, but the 4-man HW tournament and his fight against Plazibat definitely proved me wrong. His fight against Rico Verhoeven was terrible though. Really looking forward to his fight against Bahram. Even though Bahram is physically more a LHW, he is a danger to everybody in this tournament. Cookie definitely did not pick the easy route.

Back