Media Dustin Poirier says he would put money on Max Holloway to beat Justin Gaethje

Do you agree?

• Total voters
People counting Max out like Justin knocking his top off is a forgone conclusion need to put some respect on Holloway’s name. Don’t get me wrong Justin is the hardest hitter in LW history and is the king of violence so is rightfully the favorite…but Max has never been KO’d and has some beautifully crisp striking and footwork. This fight is going to leave the fans as the biggest winners of the night!

Poirier proved to be a bigger and better boxer with a similar pressure heavy style like Max and he couldn't really get into rhythm against Gaethje last time out. I feel like people are respecting the body of work Gaethje has been showing instead of discounting Max.

I can see why Gaethje's considered a decent favourite here even if Max does have paths to victory like hunting the body and potentially using his more diverse skillset to shut down some of Gaethje's counter selection. I just don't think Max pulls it off considering how calm a technical Gaethje stayed against Fiziev and Poirier winning those high level striking battles.

I'm worried for Max in this fight honestly. The guy has taken enough head trauma, and he's about to go up against one of the most vicious fighters ever.
Styles make fights, those straight sniper like jabs will find the mark for Max. The later the fight goes the worse it'll get for Justin imo.

UFC launching an investigation against Poirier for breaking their gambling policies by claiming he'd "put money" on Max <Eek2.0>

tumblr_mvnwo0LRsU1qz4w1go1_250.gif

I'm worried for Max in this fight honestly. The guy has taken enough head trauma, and he's about to go up against one of the most vicious fighters ever.
Ya, who knows? Justin tends to load up on his strikes and max rolls well with punches. I’m just a straight boxing match, I like his chances. I think the biggest thing that will give him problems may be Justin’s leg kicks. Yair was tearing maxs legs up in their fight.

Max's head movement isn't good enough to avoid getting knocked out here. After about 10 leg kicks he's going to be pretty immobile in almost every aspect. This is going to be a completely one sided ass whipping after round 1.

Back