Locked AEW CIX: It's SHOWTIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but maybe blade your forehead after something that hits your forehead. He didn't have to blade his forehead after that lol
You can still be busted open from the force of something without your head directly making contact. Sounds like you're nitpicking lol

You can still be busted open from the force of something without your head directly making contact. Sounds like you're nitpicking lol

I watched a guy live in 4k touch a table with his elbow and somehow he comes up with his forehead gushing blood.

Yes I'm nitpicking.

That shit is stupid and they're calling their audience stupid when they do shit like that. Maybe make it look like they're just not moving from spot to spot through a script.

Sammy Guevara botched the fuck out of a shooting star press and landed on Jeff Hardy's head at the Rampage tapings.

Someone in the crowd got the footage.

Sammy Guevara botched the fuck out of a shooting star press and landed on Jeff Hardy's head at the Rampage tapings.

Holy fuck. Could've fucking killed Jeff there.

Dude needs to retire yesterday.

NAILED IT!

My question is why in the fuck is there a ladder in the ring? Is TK doing hardcore matches for no real fucking reason on a Friday night again?

Jeff or Sammy?
Yes.

Ouch

My question is why in the fuck is there a ladder in the ring? Is TK doing hardcore matches for no real fucking reason on a Friday night again?

I legitimately laughed during the Swerve/Hangman match when it was announced that the rules would be relaxed during the match, because it implied that they were enforced at any other time.

Tony and his ducklings seem to think that following the rules in a wrestling match is a bad thing and that DQ's and count outs should be avoided at all cost, but they are tools that can be used to further programs and keep fans invested in the show. Flair got disqualified all the time.

You're invested in the match when you're watching a heel trying to sneak heel things past the ref, knowing that if they fail they'll lose the match. And if they fail and get the DQ, fans will want to tune in next time to see them get their comeuppance.

I haven't seen every show AEW has put on, but the only DQ I remember is Punk jumping MJF during their feud, costing him the match. In most matches, they bring weapons into the ring right in front of the ref, smash them through furniture and whatever else they think of and nothing happens. And forget about count outs. They spend three, four minutes outside the ring and the ref just watches.

The crowd knows there's no risk, so there's no tension. This guy has a chair, that guy has a baseball bat, those two are now sloppy hug-fighting out by the concession stands and nothing matters. We've seen it all on every show for months now, and we'll see it all again next week.

Whatever. I didn't sleep well and I'm grumpy.

I legitimately laughed during the Swerve/Hangman match when it was announced that the rules would be relaxed during the match, because it implied that they were enforced at any other time.

Tony and his ducklings seem to think that following the rules in a wrestling match is a bad thing and that DQ's and count outs should be avoided at all cost, but they are tools that can be used to further programs and keep fans invested in the show. Flair got disqualified all the time.

You're invested in the match when you're watching a heel trying to sneak heel things past the ref, knowing that if they fail they'll lose the match. And if they fail and get the DQ, fans will want to tune in next time to see them get their comeuppance.

I haven't seen every show AEW has put on, but the only DQ I remember is Punk jumping MJF during their feud, costing him the match. In most matches, they bring weapons into the ring right in front of the ref, smash them through furniture and whatever else they think of and nothing happens. And forget about count outs. They spend three, four minutes outside the ring and the ref just watches.

The crowd knows there's no risk, so there's no tension. This guy has a chair, that guy has a baseball bat, those two are now sloppy hug-fighting out by the concession stands and nothing matters. We've seen it all on every show for months now, and we'll see it all again next week.

There was a DQ last night

I agree with everything you said. I will add however that even WWE is very guilty of people being outside the ring for a couple minutes at a time.

And I have been up since 2 in a fuck ton of pain. But I'm always grumpy.

Christian, Nick Wayne, and Killswitch interfered in the Adam Copeland v Daniel Garcia matchE
That one they really had no choice.

His point does stand that it seems like every week there is some sort of no dq, death match, falls count anywhere, Judy on a pole type match.

Even WWE over uses those kind of matches and then they tend to lose their novelty and appeal.

That one they really had no choice.

His point does stand that it seems like every week there is some sort of no dq, death match, falls count anywhere, Judy on a pole type match.

Even WWE over uses those kind of matches and then they tend to lose their novelty and appeal.
I guess it comes down to personal preference. You'd get some fans complaining the opposite if they did less gimmick matches and more fucky finishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back