Law Florida - Senate passes Republican sponsored Bill to outlaw lab-grown meat. DeSantis supports ban

There's been no long-term studies into the benefits/hazards of lab-grown meat.

And has anyone asked the question 'lab-grown from what?'
One of the sponsors of the Bill ( Republican Rep Danny Alvarez ) says he is not saying the lab-grown meat is unsafe.

In a previous committee meeting, Alvarez has pointed out there is a huge economic element with over 15,000 cattle ranchers in Florida. He also said he wasn’t claiming cultivated meat was unsafe, just that enough wasn’t known about it, despite its federal approval and decades of product research and testing.

So because you personally can’t find a need for it means it should be banned by the government?

Not really exactly what I said, but sure. Its unnatural and unnecessary. I'd prefer people not eat food grown in a lab.

another angry leftist thread just because a republican didn't let globalists shit all over them.
How many angry rightwing threads get created in this forum, yet you have no issue with them. But a thread that makes FL repubs look bad and you get annoyed.

So you think having lab-grown meat in the supermarket is allowing globalists to shit on you. You are thinking way too conspiratorial about this. You are not being coerced in any way to consume it. You can continue to eat real meat.

One of the sponsors of the Bill ( Republican Rep Danny Alvarez ) says he is not saying the lab-grown meat is unsafe.

In a previous committee meeting, Alvarez has pointed out there is a huge economic element with over 15,000 cattle ranchers in Florida. He also said he wasn’t claiming cultivated meat was unsafe, just that enough wasn’t known about it, despite its federal approval and decades of product research and testing.

Ok... so?

That's just one of the sponsors of the bill. It doesn't address the possible long-term negative health effects.

And stop acting like you care so deeply about government corruption and you couldn't care less when corruption is on your side of the isle.

So you think having lab-grown meat in the supermarket is allowing globalists to shit on you. You are thinking way too conspiratorial about this. You are not being coerced in any way to consume it. You can continue to eat real meat.

what conspiracy? they're openly shitting on people. first it's lab grown meat, then what, bugs?

if there's a globalist push to destroy farmers then cram bugs and fake meat down people's throats, maybe i would be a tyrant and ban it. this is the problem with being liberal and open to ideas...you let all the bad ones in too.

bugs-Copy.png

bugs2-Copy.jpg

bugs3-Copy.jpg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6613697/

A parasitological evaluation of edible insects and their role in the transmission of parasitic diseases to humans and animals

The experimental material comprised samples of live insects (imagines) from 300 household farms and pet stores, including 75 mealworm farms, 75 house cricket farms, 75 Madagascar hissing cockroach farms and 75 migrating locust farms. Parasites were detected in 244 (81.33%) out of 300 (100%) examined insect farms. In 206 (68.67%) of the cases, the identified parasites were pathogenic for insects only; in 106 (35.33%) cases, parasites were potentially parasitic for animals; and in 91 (30.33%) cases, parasites were potentially pathogenic for humans.

Reactions: N13

This is the same reason beer companies spent so much money trying to keep marijuana illegal.
Alvarez does not want to get sued for saying its not healthy but those cattle guys stuff a lot of money in his pocket, so lets fall back on the just not sure if it is safe.
It must be awesome to do anything you want as an elected official because you know 30% of the voters will buy any bullshit you put out there, because Yeah Team.

what conspiracy? they're openly shitting on people. first it's lab grown meat, then what, bugs?

if there's a globalist push to destroy farmers then cram bugs and fake meat down people's throats, maybe i would be a tyrant and ban it. this is the problem with being liberal and open to ideas...you let all the bad ones in too.

bugs-Copy.png

bugs2-Copy.jpg

bugs3-Copy.jpg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6613697/

A parasitological evaluation of edible insects and their role in the transmission of parasitic diseases to humans and animals

The experimental material comprised samples of live insects (imagines) from 300 household farms and pet stores, including 75 mealworm farms, 75 house cricket farms, 75 Madagascar hissing cockroach farms and 75 migrating locust farms. Parasites were detected in 244 (81.33%) out of 300 (100%) examined insect farms. In 206 (68.67%) of the cases, the identified parasites were pathogenic for insects only; in 106 (35.33%) cases, parasites were potentially parasitic for animals; and in 91 (30.33%) cases, parasites were potentially pathogenic for humans.
Owned

Reactions: N13
Why the hell ban it?? Jesus that's almost as bad as mandating it.

Holy god it's a fucking win-win. All the people who have issues concerning animal rights get proper nutrition without hurting animals. People who have arthritic or chemical issues with red meat can now EAT AS MUCH RED MEAT AS THEY WANT, since it can be engineered in a way that's catered to their biology

What the fuck is wrong with everyone?? Do you hate choices???

I bet if you take the time to look at DeSantis biggest donors, a couple of them probably raise cattle. Most of the shit Desantis does, hooks up donors.
DeSantis took 3.9 million from Big Insurance and then passed a law hooking them up and most Floridians Home owners insurance have doubled since he has been in office.
I can't believe you and I agree on something

Sorry, but as gross as I find lab grown meat, outlawing it? Fucking Florida repubs are insane. No different than tofu. This is because they are backed by livestock associations
And it's FUCKING BETTER FOR YOU THAN TOFU

FUCKK

Thousands of cattle have/will die in the Texas wildfires going on right now.

I've been waiting excitedly for the mass production of lab grown meat as it's a game changer for those of us who don't eat animals.

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that some a****** Republicans would vote to ban it out of greed and friendship with the cattle industry. Those guys already destroyed BLM land that otherwise would be much more enjoyable for us nature lovers.

Personally I won't eat the meat but I would feed it to my animals so that my animals could still get the protein they need without harming another living being.

I find myself deeply frustrated by the ridiculous amounts of corruption and just sheer stupidity in this country. Also pretending our beef is safe and trying to imply that lab grown meat won't be safe is an absolute joke it's clearly not what they're concerned about.

Lapgrown meat has the potential to do so much good on so many levels so of course f****** Republicans will block it!!! Expect the same Republicans to want to cut regulations and allow corporations to dump toxins into the river though.

Back