Florida Senate passes Bill that makes it an infraction to drive slow in the left lane

point is, you can get away with 'going with the flow of traffic' in some places and not others.

My analogy is being a bait fish in the ocean

Safe in large groups going with the flow, even speeding

But if you’re speeding solo with no other vehicles around, you’re more likely to get targeted and pulled over

Sunday mornings are the worst. I got a speeding ticket for driving 60 in a 55… there was literally no one else on the road

I think the officer was bored or had quotas

this bothers me too.

it's not like you can go 10 miles over the limit in a neighborhood and then claim you were simply following the flow of traffic

but you can on a highway?

it's either the posted speed limit or its not.

I drive the speed limit but stay out of the left lane and yet people are constantly blowing by me.

The left lane is technically for passing people. It’s not meant to be driven in constantly. Even in drivers ed they teach that you can temporarily speed up to make a pass on a regular street.

Sounds fine to me, if you're in the passing lane and going slower than right lane traffic, then you're fucking shit up for everyone on the road. I haven't considered how it could impact LGBTetc and other minorities though.

Good! So many people drive slowly in the left lane and back traffic up all the time.

@MicroBrew I guess it is safe to say you will never come vacation in Florida. You really seem to dislike it.

The left lane is technically for passing people. It’s not meant to be driven in constantly. Even in drivers ed they teach that you can temporarily speed up to make a pass on a regular street.
agreed but that's not my point.

Good! So many people drive slowly in the left lane and back traffic up all the time.

@MicroBrew I guess it is safe to say you will never come vacation in Florida. You really seem to dislike it.
Thread was made in Mayberry because as far as news goes it's not controversial and just amusing. Some mod moved it to the War room.

I drive the posted speed limit in both and stay out of the left lane on freeways, it takes any ambiguity away.
That is a good driver. Even if I am in the right, which is odd unless I'm getting off the interstate, I will still move over for a faster vehicle if I can. It keeps you actively engaged when you drive, which we all should be imo. Too many folks drive on the interstate on auto-pilot, which causes the majority of road issues.

the posted speed limit is the posted speed limit, or it is not.
It's merely a suggestion. If you get pulled over make sure to tell the cops that.
point is, you can get away with 'going with the flow of traffic' in some places and not others.
Like on I94 driving through Chicago. The speed limit is 55mph in some sections but no one goes that slow.

Maybe 275 will stop being so retarded

agreed but that's not my point.

Well you asked about speeding Vs the speed limit. The answer is that to pass technically you can exceed the speed limit temporarily to do so but you can’t maintain that speed. The left lane is supposed to only be used for that, but most people treat it as a lane you can camp out in and exceed the limit till you get to your destination -which it’s not supposed to be for

Enforcement of this depends on many factors but you get the idea

So you're allowed to speed as long as your in the left lane of a highway?
No but the left lane is for passing. If you aren't passing then just stay in the right lane. If you're doing the speed limit and someone speeds to pass you just stay in your lane.

That is a good driver. Even if I am in the right, which is odd unless I'm getting off the interstate, I will still move over for a faster vehicle if I can. It keeps you actively engaged when you drive, which we all should be imo. Too many folks drive on the interstate on auto-pilot, which causes the majority of road issues.
I think selfish drivers cause the majority of road issues.

Maybe 275 will stop being so retarded
Fat chance. It is always a wreck, besides north where it joins 75.
I think selfish drivers cause the majority of road issues.
Hmmmm. It is possible. Would depend on what you consider selfish too. Seems the majority of crashes happen because folks do not think they have to pay attention. Like aiming a 2-ton missile is just the same as riding a huffy on the sidewalk. Shit drives me bonkers to see people doing anything other than driving in their cars. So maybe you can deem the bozo eating a cheeseburger instead of driving as selfish haha.

Fat chance. It is always a wreck, besides north where it joins 75.

Hmmmm. It is possible. Would depend on what you consider selfish too. Seems the majority of crashes happen because folks do not think they have to pay attention. Like aiming a 2-ton missile is just the same as riding a huffy on the sidewalk. Shit drives me bonkers to see people doing anything other than driving in their cars. So maybe you can deem the bozo eating a cheeseburger instead of driving as selfish haha.
Any kind of inattentive driving is selfish. Thinking you should police the driving habits of others by getting in front of them and slowing down is selfish. Hitting your breaks and then turning on your turn signal instead of the other way around is selfish. Rabbit starts out of intersections is selfish. I could go on and on.

I know people aren't robots but if everyone unselfishly shared the road and followed the rules it would pretty much eliminate traffic jams entirely and the roads would be a lot safer for everyone. Unfortunately, for a lot of people, when they see others doing selfish shit, like speeding, competitive instinct kicks and and they feel the need to get theirs too if everyone else is doing it. And then it gets to be a habit. And then people have car accidents.

Oh, and I'm not exempting myself from these behaviors. I'm not blameless, just saying that's my full take on the root cause of the issue.

Edit:
I feel compelled to add that meek and hesitant drivers are also just plain dangerous. I had a woman in front of me stop in the middle of a roundabout once because she wasn't sure where to go--I'm like keep going around in circles until you figure it out, ya twat.

this bothers me too.

it's not like you can go 10 miles over the limit in a neighborhood and then claim you were simply following the flow of traffic

but you can on a highway?

it's either the posted speed limit or its not.

I drive the speed limit but stay out of the left lane and yet people are constantly blowing by me.
Don't you find it odd that there is a single speed limit for both dry summer times and when the road is completely covered in ice?

Don't you find it odd that there is a single speed limit for both dry summer times and when the road is completely covered in ice?
You're supposed to use your judgement to slow down during adverse weather conditions. It wouldn't be practical to post speed limits for normal conditions, wet conditions, icy conditions...

My buddy gave me a ride to the airport a few months back, he's an older guy(mid/late 60s) and he was just cruising 5 miles over in the left lane... all while bitching that people were assholes for riding his ass... I was mortified sitting in the passenger seat

Back