Florida Senate passes Bill that makes it an infraction to drive slow in the left lane

this bothers me too.

it's not like you can go 10 miles over the limit in a neighborhood and then claim you were simply following the flow of traffic

but you can on a highway?

it's either the posted speed limit or its not.

I drive the speed limit but stay out of the left lane and yet people are constantly blowing by me.
People shouldn't speed but that's for the cops to discourage by giving tickets.

this bothers me too.

it's not like you can go 10 miles over the limit in a neighborhood and then claim you were simply following the flow of traffic

but you can on a highway?

it's either the posted speed limit or its not.

I drive the speed limit but stay out of the left lane and yet people are constantly blowing by me.

Duuuuude . . . we're all aware of how traffic laws are enforced on an interstate vs a school zone or residential area.

it's crazy how fast people drive on that considering the number of cars on it.

99 is no better, at least starting North from I10 towards the woodlands. 85/90 is the norm

I’ll be driving that soon

I have a new project starting near Hardy and 99

When I was younger I had a similar attitude, but I changed my tune as I got older. The idea is that it makes the roads overall more efficient thus benefitting society. I leave for work 2 hours before my shift starts and I usually get there 30 mins early, but I always leave 2 hours early anyways because it only takes 1 guy driving slow in the left lane to delay me and hundreds of other people 30 mins and it happens about once every 2 weeks that I will just barely get to work on time for this very reason.

Where I live we have signs that say "slower traffic keep right" and "the left lane is for passing" but I've never actually heard of anyone getting a ticket for it so I assume if it is a law its not enforced, though it might just be that most places here either have a high social trust where everyone does it anyways or if they dont they instead have traffic so dense you will never get near the speed limit anyways.
Man, if I had a two hour commute every day I'd find something else to do. I'd go completely insane spending four hours a day in a car on top of a full work day, I think. Anyway, if you can deal with it successfully, good on ya.

On the thread topic, sure, that's fine but do they really need to pass a law to deal with it? More drivers are bigger assholes than I thought, I guess.

I get the idea, but if you have to break the law and go above the speed limit to pass then you shouldn't pass in the first place. Good Samaritans like me who drive the speed limit (not slower) on the left prevent speeding road ragers from endangering people's lives.

This is a service I am happy to provide for free.
You're dangerous and stupid.

Back