Media Fury attempts to crash Ngannou / Joshua presser, gets absolutely wrecked verbally by Francis

So you’re trying to talk out of both sides of your mouth. On one end you’re saying he went in “solely as a kickboxer” (your words) but when I point to cross training you’re like ya that doesn’t count tho. If you’ve been training mma for 5 years with grappling and wrestling that means your cross training. It’s like Demian Maia, his main weapon is Jiujitsu, but he’s became a competent striker and wrestler but to say he’s a pure Jiujitsu guy means is false. To say he’s mostly jiujtitsu is false.

If you were to rate him: Alex stand up is an A and his wrestling defense and Jiujitsu are C level for mma. He’s competent. Which is why he didn’t get subbed by Jan or jiri.

If he was F level in both like James toney , he would never get up from takedowns or defend them.

No you just don't understand anything i say because you have the intelligence of a garden slug. Alex is primarily a kickboxer, he fights as a kickboxer, his gameplan is always to kickbox for obvious reasons and he has an amateur level ground game for when he inevitably gets taken down. Does it make me wrong that when he has been taken down he's avoided being subbed and gotten back up? No it doesn't. It just means the guys who got a kickboxer to the ground and couldn't finish someone with the ground game of a white belt should be embarrassed.

Why do you keep bringing up James Toney? Lol Toney fucked around and found out with Couture, yes i watched it, and it went exactly as i knew it would. Do you want a medal for bringing up Toney calling Couture a princess and then losing? Weird but ok.

Nothing to see here, this actually kickboxing on the ground guys

He’s not training grappling defense here either guys

Man this isn’t extensive cross training , nothing to see here

Except he’s a brown belt and he’s used the exact moves in a fight and it worked. But damn he’s such a white belt I’m sure you could tap him right?

I can promise you Alex would look like gordan Ryan against your stupid ass

If you don't understand the difference between Alex being a "brown belt" and a real brown belt then you don't know shit about grappling. A real brown belt wouldn't have needed to escape and would've instead looked to sweep and maybe maintain a dominant half guard while raining down elbows, but Alex isn't a real brown belt, as anyone who has trained in BJJ for an extended period of time will tell you. He moves like a complete amateur and do you know why that is...

Because he's a god damn kickboxer.

He won't be winning the ADCC or the Mundials anytime soon. That's some novice level grappling on display.

I watched mma for a long time up until Anderson and GSP retired. But i've followed both Izzy and Alex's kickboxing careers so naturally i followed their runs into mma, as i'm cautiously following Doumbe's. Alex is 99% still just a kickboxer, he fights in a kickboxing stance, and when he fights a legit wrestler (which the MW has always been historically weak for) he'll get LnP'd to a 50-45 scorecard, but that's exactly why it's hilarious when he beat Strickland like it was nothing, and then recently blasted Jiri who hadn't lost to anyone since King Mo.

bean and i'd be laughing until the end of time.

Alex is 99% still just a kickboxer

I just gave you numerous examples and footage of where that is wrong. Lol for a guy who doesn’t need grappling he sure trains it quite a bit

I think MMA is closer to a street fight than boxing is because there's more techniques that you can use but it's still miles away from a street fight.
Otherwise dudes like Gilbert Yvel wouldn't have been DQ'd so many times

HAHAHAHA oh no, he's training. The amount of times we used to see strikers in these videos back in the day when i watched mma every weekend, and then people would create memes about how they'd be a black belt with Karelin level wrestling within 6 months.

You're so new to combat sports it's laughable. Is Alex a P4P great in BJJ on your planet?

Alex is 99% still just a kickboxer

I just gave you numerous examples and footage of where that is wrong. Lol for a guy who doesn’t need grappling he sure trains it quite a bit

Alex is gonna pull guard and butt scoot any day now, maybe even hit Izzy with a flying gogoplata in their third fight.

He won't be winning the ADCC or the Mundials anytime soon. That's some novice level grappling on display.

No one said he would be winning Adcc or mundials.

And clearly he’s so novice that he pulled off the same shit against Jan who I believe competed in the euro Adcc trials.

Yeah I guess he’s a fake brown belt then, I’m sure with your PA wrestling you’ll easily double leg Alex.

Alex is gonna pull guard and butt scoot any day now, maybe even hit Izzy with a flying gogoplata in their third fight.

Yep because that’s what grappling is… gogo and butt scooting.

Alex isn’t doing day 1 fundamentals like hip escaping, bridging, getting to his knees and standing up. Holding half guard to stop his opponent from advancing.

Oh no but he’s not cross training! Nooooo that isn’t. Yeah it’s white belt stuff, but he’s usuing it in his fights and it works.

No one said he would be winning Adcc or mundials.

And clearly he’s so novice that he pulled off the same shit against Jan who I believe competed in the euro Adcc trials.

Yeah I guess he’s a fake brown belt then, I’m sure with your PA wrestling you’ll easily double leg Alex.
He's a brown belt under Plinio Cruz. Wow. Randy Couture was awarded his black belt in the cage immediately after subbing James fucking Toney. Let that sink in.

Yep because that’s what grappling is… gogo and butt scooting.

Alex isn’t doing day 1 fundamentals like hip escaping, bridging, getting to his knees and standing up. Holding half guard to stop his opponent from advancing.

Oh no but he’s not cross training! Nooooo that isn’t. Yeah it’s white belt stuff, but he’s usuing it in his fights and it works.

You're crediting him for doing things a beginner learns, are you serious now?

If you don't understand the difference between Alex being a "brown belt" and a real brown belt then you don't know shit about grappling. A real brown belt wouldn't have needed to escape and would've instead looked to sweep and maybe maintain a dominant half guard while raining down elbows, but Alex isn't a real brown belt, as anyone who has trained in BJJ for an extended period of time will tell you. He moves like a complete amateur and do you know why that is...

Because he's a god damn kickboxer.

Lmfao!!!! So because he didn’t sweep and get on top he’s not a real black belt? Are you stupid? You’ve never trained a day in your life.

Nicky rod is a black belt, the guy never stays in guard. He gets to his feet every time. There’s numerous examples of guys who don’t play guard and only want to play on top.

He’s a real brown belt because he’s shown he can perform movements in actual fights… you’re trying to change the goal posts because you know realize you don’t know shit and your original premise is wrong.

He's a brown belt under Plinio Cruz. Wow. Randy Couture was awarded his BJJ black belt in the cage immediately after subbing James fucking Toney. Let that sink in.

Randy couture has been training Jiujitsu since 1997. Yeah I can believe he’s a black belt. Does every black belt mean he’ll be a adcc winner? No. Does it mean Randy can submit other black belts. Yes. His arm triangle of your boy James toney was perfect.

Let that sink in stupid fuck. Because someone never went to the Olympics in wrestling, does it mean they aren’t a wrestler?

Gsp never won state, never won ncaa, and never won the Olympics, so he wasn’t a wrestler? Damn I’m getting dumber arguing with you. I’m done

You're crediting him for doing things a beginner learns, are you serious now?

Have you ever seen Roger Gracie compete? Takedown, day 1 guard pass, day 1 side control to mount, day 1 collar choke.

Basics work at the highest level. What are you fucking saying lol?

Dc did a single leg… guess day 1 shit is useless

Lmfao!!!! So because he didn’t sweep and get on top he’s not a real black belt? Are you stupid? You’ve never trained a day in your life.

Nicky rod is a black belt, the guy never stays in guard. He gets to his feet every time. There’s numerous examples of guys who don’t play guard and only want to play on top.

He’s a real brown belt because he’s shown he can perform movements in actual fights… you’re trying to change the goal posts because you know realize you don’t know shit and your original premise is wrong.

Randy couture has been training Jiujitsu since 1997. Yeah I can believe he’s a black belt. Does every black belt mean he’ll be a adcc winner? No. Does it mean Randy can submit other black belts. Yes. His arm triangle of your boy James toney was perfect.

Let that sink in stupid fuck. Because someone never went to the Olympics in wrestling, does it mean they aren’t a wrestler?

Gsp never won state, never won ncaa, and never won the Olympics, so he wasn’t a wrestler? Damn I’m getting dumber arguing with you. I’m done

I've never trained a day in my life? Yet i have a brown belt myself lol and for all your talk earlier about "you've never trained a day in your life" i also used to train at Bad Company in Leeds while in college, training with Liam Harrison, Jordan Watson and Andy Howson. Guys that have fought Saenchai, Sittichai, Petrosyan and other monsters... but no, i've never trained a day in my entire life, you've caught me out, i'm a fraud.

Have you ever seen Roger Gracie compete? Takedown, day 1 guard pass, day 1 side control to mount, day 1 collar choke.

Basics work at the highest level. What are you fucking saying lol?

Dc did a single leg… guess day 1 shit is useless

Now you're comparing Alex to Roger fucking Gracie? Ooo i bet with another year of training he'll be subbing the Ruotolo twins in ADCC open weight, and then Ryan Gordon not long afterwards, i can't wait.

I've never trained a day in my life? Yet i have a brown belt myself lol and for all your talk earlier about "you've never trained a day in your life" i also used to train at Bad Company in Leeds while in college, training with Liam Harrison, Jordan Watson and Andy Howson. Guys that have fought Saenchai, Sittichai, Petrosyan and other monsters... but no, i've never trained a day in my entire life, you've caught me out, i'm a fraud.

Yep someone that’s done an intro class and tells everyone I did “ufc”.

Someone that’s grappled definitely doesn’t say dumbshit like “yeah a real brown belt would sweep and get on top”

Right that’s stupid as fuck.

There are a lot of ranked submission grapplers that clearly don't deserve their belt ranking. Pereira doesn't look like a brown belt in BJJ at all as @Nova44 already pointed out. Randy's arm triangle of Toney was perfect? No, you dolt. He botched it on his first attempt. It wasn't until his second or third attempt that he got it. Go back and rewatch it yourself. GSP had great wrestling for MMA but on the actual wrestling mat he couldn't hang with the top wrestlers in either freestyle or folkstyle.

Now you're comparing Alex to Roger fucking Gracie? Ooo i bet with another year of training he'll be subbing the Ruotolo twins in ADCC open weight, and then Ryan Gordon not long afterwards, i can't wait.

Yep yep here you go. Deflecting now.

You clearly tried to point out that doing basic shit is only for beginners and not to give credit, and then I give you a guy who does basic shit at the highest level of grappling.

Thank you for conceding here. I appreciate ya.

There are a lot of ranked submission grapplers that clearly don't deserve their belt ranking. Pereira doesn't look like a brown belt in BJJ at all as @Nova44 already pointed out. Randy's arm triangle of Toney was perfect? No, you dolt. He botched it on his first attempt. It wasn't until his second or third attempt that he got it.

Because it takes multiple attempts his final attempt wasn’t perfect? Are you dumb?

Go back and rewatch it yourself. GSP had great wrestling for MMA but on the actual wrestling mat he couldn't hang with the top wrestlers in either freestyle or folkstyle.

So this isn’t folk style or freestyle but there’s no strikes. Gsp vs Otto Olsen who was a three time state champ, and he also was ranked number 1 in ncaa for 174 lbs. Gsp took him down numerous times. So yeah…. Otto should have smoked him

Back