Prime Fedor simply had a level of athleticism that is still unmatched in HW MMA

. The explosiveness, speed, the power, the balance and coordination. It's simply on a different level. 2004 Fedor would end any HW that has ever existed Ngannou-Joshua just made this crystal clear in my mind. Ngannou is nowhere as quick and agile as Fedor. The most well rounded HW fighter the sport has ever seen, even 20 years later.

View attachment 1033617
I disagree I have never been a fan boy of Fedor for a few reasons, We all know Pride was PED City and Fedor knocked back millions to sign for a far smaller organization than the UFC who had strict testing. I also think if Randy had got him when that fight was first tried for Randy would have beaten him. I think a prime Jones at 205 beats a prime Fedor at 220. We all saw what happened when Fedor finally left PED shores he got smoked by the laughing stock of the UFCs HW division Big foot, smoked by middleweight Hendo, Subbed by Werdum.
Cain would have massacred him
JDS would have KO'd him Frank Mir pre bike crash would have tapped him

I disagree I have never been a fan boy of Fedor for a few reasons, We all know Pride was PED City and Fedor knocked back millions to sign for a far smaller organization than the UFC who had strict testing. I also think if Randy had got him when that fight was first tried for Randy would have beaten him. I think a prime Jones at 205 beats a prime Fedor at 220. We all saw what happened when Fedor finally left PED shores he got smoked by the laughing stock of the UFCs HW division Big foot, smoked by middleweight Hendo, Subbed by Werdum.
The UFC’s testing was exactly the same as Strikeforce’s: it was done by commissions. There was no USADA at that time.

Fedor also fought Coleman 2, Sylvia, Arlovksi, and Rogers under the same drug testing that he fought Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Sure buddy. It was a really "high iq" move of Aldo rushing in like that with no set up and no defense with a looping punch against Conors straight.

If it was Fedor who had done that you would say how he's "dumb" and "fought like a rookie" but since it was a UFC fighter Aldo you claim it was because "Conor was the better boxer"

Nice deflection you low integrity piece of internet garbage. Also, thanks for ducking the question a second time and confirming you never trained never had any fights but spend time on the internet calling fighters "dumb" for making a mistake in live combat in front of thousands of fans.

You're a clown and a piece of garbage and anyone reading your disgusting posts can see that you're a moron. It's been a pleasure slapping the shit out of you.

Cheers

🤡
I don't need to imagine Fedor charging in recklessly against somebody.

He did it a thousand times in his career.

Lmao what did you do, just list every HW you can think of in the past 20 years? Half of those guys weren’t in Fedor’s generation at all.

Stipe?? When would that fight have ever made sense? Stipe wasn’t even in the top 25 when Fedor retired in 2012.

DC? They could’ve never crossed paths during Fedor’s streak, as the streak had ended before DC was even signed to Strikeforce. It’s possible they could’ve crossed paths in the Strikeforce HWGP, but again, no one was calling for that. DC was a prospect, and really put himself on the map when he won the GP, in May 2012. Fedor retired the next month, in June.

JDS? There’s a limited time where where that fight could have happened technically, it just wouldn’t have made sense. By the time JDS became champ, Fedor had already had the 3 Strikeforce losses. JDS made his first defense in May 2012, while Fedor retired the very next month in June.

Overeem? Finally someone who is actually part of Fedor’s generation, but there was a very limited time to book this one. After winning the Strikeforce HW belt in 2007, Overeem disappeared overseas to consume horsemeat until May 2010. Right then was the one opportunity to book that fight during Fedor’s streak (which would come to an end the very next month) had Coker booked that instead of Fedor-Werdum and Reem-Rogers. Aside from that, Coker could’ve (should’ve) booked that in the first round of the HWGP. Reem never fought in the 2nd round, being replaced by Cormier who was an alternate, so even if Fedor had won the Bigfoot fight, the Overeem fight still wouldn’t have happened.

Cain is not really from Fedor’s generation either, and Fedor’s streak had already ended by the time Cain won the belt. There was some talk of it in 2011 after the 3 Strikeforce losses, but Fedor was obviously past his best and Dana wasn’t interested. This one could’ve technically happened, but again, both guys are never at their peak at the same time.

Carwin? Very limited time to make that fight. Right after Carwin won the interim belt I guess it could’ve happened, with Fedor’s streak still intact at the time for another few months. I mean shit, Carwin himself stopped fighting after June 2011. He was on top of the division for maybe a year and a half tops.

I see people say shit like this a lot, and list all kinds of HWs that Fedor “should’ve fought” when historically the timeframes really don’t align in a way that makes those fights make sense.
Half of those people ended their careers much earlier than Fedor. He retired in 2012? Who cares? We all know he cropped up a couple years later only to continue embarrass himself.

As to whether one or another fight made sense or not at any point in time, I gotta say I don't consider "not being in UFC" a valid excuse. It's his problem he chose to train in a daycare center and seek easy paydays, and not other top-level HW fighters' who kept fighting each other as he fought Lindland, Choi and Henderson.

Had he joined UFC after PRIDE like Shogun, Rampage, Spider Silva, Nogueira and many others, suddenly fights with Couture, Lesnar, JDS, Cain, Carwin and others would've made much more sense than fighting middleweights or non-fighters.

You don't like matchups with Cormier, Carwin, JDS? OK how about Ricco Rod, Gonzaga, Kongo, Nelson, Pat Barry? Would any of them be a more interesting matchup than Zulu, Choi, Lindland, Nagata or Dan Henderson?

Fedor fought fucking Mark Coleman twice, who was 12 years his elder and was 42 at the time of their 2nd match (as if the first one was inconclusive). So fights against Cain (6 years younger) and JDS (7 years younger) would've made perfect sense. Carwin, in fact, is 2 years older than Fedor.

And, of course, he literally had decades to face Barnett even if one booking fell through due to Barnett's fuckup.

Nothing really stood in the way of Overeem fight either. He was on the horsemeat? Every Fedor opponent in Japan could've possibly been a centaur and it never deterred him. Then, after the Bigfoot's match with Fedor, I guess it became painfully obvious for everyone why the Overeem fight never happened.

Last edited:
The “Prime” discussion is always a bit nebulous to me.

It seems whenever a fighter loses they’re automatically out of their prime.

This is used by detractors of the fighter to say they were never really good and used by fans of the fighter as a reasoning for why they lost.

Sure buddy. It was a really "high iq" move of Aldo rushing in like that with no set up and no defense with a looping punch against Conors straight.

If it was Fedor who had done that you would say how he's "dumb" and "fought like a rookie" but since it was a UFC fighter Aldo you claim it was because "Conor was the better boxer"

You're a clown and a piece of garbage and anyone reading your disgusting posts can see that you're a moron. It's been a pleasure slapping the shit out of you.

Cheers

🤡
Dude chill out man no need to take this so seriously.

The “Prime” discussion is always a bit nebulous to me.

It seems whenever a fighter loses they’re automatically out of their prime.

This is used by detractors of the fighter to say they were never really good and used by fans of the fighter as a reasoning for why they lost.

Fedor became the HW champion in 2003. He lost in 2010, 7 years later.

I don't know a single fighter that was still peaking 7 years after becoming the champion.

So it doesn't make sense to say Fedor was still in his prime 7 years after becoming champion. I agree he was still good, but was he in his prime?

No.

Fedor versus Brock would've been a great fight.
Fedor's hips were a lot better than Frank Mir's.
He would've escaped any ground game of Brock.
On the feet and the ground, Fedor was faster.

Fedor versus Mir would've been great.
Frank attempting a Werdum,
but ending up like Nog vs Fedor.

Fedor versus Cain, would've been a great fight.
Cain without injuries would push Fedor into a brawl.

Fedor is currently under-rated by casuals claiming he fought cans and Fedor was a lightweight.

Anyone who lived through that decade understood what the last emperor was doing live. Some fights were easier than others.
You cannot fake battles.

Had true warriors like Gracie, Shamrock, Rutten, Severn, Newton, Hughes, GSP, Fedor, Nick Diaz, Nog, Shogun, Couture, Silva, (basically any fighter that "made it" without the modern internet) had the current advantages... they would still excel.

Give legends performance institutes, improved health care, modern coaching, modern video playback, youtube, social media, different camps, to learn new techniques...
they would smoke people all the same.

Yes, MMA has advanced.
Not because of the fighters,
because of the entire world of technology & communication raised the bar. We had telephones and tape cassettes.

In 2006 portable computers in our pockets.
Took a few years to afford/utilize devices as a society.
People think they are smarter now. They are not.

UFC grew using all this modern technology,
but that does not mean people would survive prime Gracie.
Hughes vs Gracie was simply weird by the time it happened.
Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson levels of weird.

It is truly sad to think old athletes are suddenly forgettable.

This really is not how it works. Give those classics/legends some modern advancements ... and current fighters/standards would not make the cut. Perfect example... Serra vs GSP. The evolution from first fight to the second... showed the advancements. GSP never had been in a true brawl.

Ken Shamrock vs Brock is a different conversation in the 1992-95. By the time it was Ken vs Tito, it was DECADE later.
shamwow was already throwing fights in pro wrestling. It was sus. Ken in (brock era) 2012 was 20 years later, so an illogical comparison. Brock born earlier may have been less an athlete, or potentially the same. Lasted what... roughly the same 9 years?
People forget GSP never had a true brawl. He fought smarter.
Had Nick Diaz fought smarter, he would have surpassed GSP.

Fedor was a blessing to mma fans.

Any true fan will never forget the Last Emperor.

<Fedor23>

<BC1><mma4>

<WhatItIs>{<Scared}
Fedor struggled on the groynd wirh Hunt

I don't believe the testing for Pride US events, Affliction or Strikeforce would have been lesser than in the UFC and honestly I think if you were taking PEDs and looking to hide it then it would probably have been more dangerous to be in a rival org, compare say what happened with Barnett at Affliction's cancilled third event to what happened with Lesnar vs Hunt.

Randy espeically I think would have had very little chance vs Fedor, look at Randy's fight with Nog and I think you see the problem he faced against someone who had superior power, chin and submissions to him and with Fedor in say 2007/08 your dealing with someone who also has vastly superior striking defence/offence to a declining Nog and much better wrestling as well.

I feel Randy's only real hope in that fight would have been to have it in a cage and hope Fedor hadnt prepped for a load of cage clinching and refs allowing him to do it nonstop. I think the most likely result in Randy gets finished very quickly indeed though, maybe as quickly as Sylvia was.

Can a fedor fan tell me why Brett Roger’s having one good win in his entire career makes it a good win for fedor? Knocking out chinny Arlovski while rushing in as fast as you can doesn’t make up for the fact that he never beat any top heavyweight in his entire career before or after that

What a natural athlete is of course depends a lot on the sport involved, in MMA I think you could argue for example that hand speed and reactions count for more than they do in the NFL

Aleks you could have had similarly fast hands to his bro but he wasnt anywhere near as agile, granted Fedor was a much more trained Judoka but still I don't think Aleks could ever have reached his grappling level

Aleks is significantly taller than Fedor, so of course he is not going to be as agile.

Relative to their size, I don't think Fedor was much faster than Aleks if at all. Aleks had less options to fight with though as he was more of a boxer, so it may make him look less athletic, but he is quite fast and coordinated to the point where you forget he is 6'3.

Aleks is significantly taller than Fedor, so of course he is not going to be as agile.

Relative to their size, I don't think Fedor was much faster than Aleks if at all. Aleks had less options to fight with though as he was more of a boxer, so it may make him look less athletic, but he is quite fast and coordinated to the point where you forget he is 6'3.
It’s like saying Steve erceg is a better athlete than brock becuase he’s a lot faster and agile

Lol you don't don't understand much about fighting if your only way of measuring fight athletics is how a fighter would theoretically look playing "football"

Ask any pro fighter about things that actually matter in FIGHTING like speed, coordination, balance, reflexes and transitions. Fedor at his peak smoked someone like Brock in all these categories and the way Brock performs on a football field has zero value in any of those areas. Gotta love the classic Sherbro angle of "how would he do playing football" to measure his fighting attributes

🤣🤡

I never said any of those things. Either you have some severe insecuirty or reading isn't your strong point.

I barely mentioned football at all - and Brock Lesnar was accomplished in combat sports before he even went into MMA but you're talking about football nonstop for some reason.

Your argument is really dumb and it's obvious you

- Don't train
- Don't wrestle (as all the attributes you listed Lesnar needed and shown, we have footage of him wrestling and he is dramatically faster than near everyone his size, but you're probably too dumb to parse that)

As Lesnar in his physical prime had amazing reflexes. He is incredibly agile. The reason why he looks gooofy throwing punches is because

- He is not well trained in striking
- He doesn't like striking or getting hit (which isn't an athletic attribute)
- He is 300 pounds...at one point in his life he was 100 pounds heavier than Fedor, so obviously he will look much slower. Relative to Lesnar's size he is insanely fast.

May as well say Fedor looks like a turtle compared to Demetrius Johnson. Use your brain.

If Fedor is a comparable size to a big middleweight than the difference in speed between Fedor and a middleweight is much smaller than between Lesnar and a 265+ pounder. It's not even close, but you likely did not even bother to think about the question given how you're talking about the NFL as if it wasn't anything more than a cliff note.

I do not even understand how Fedor is more "athletic" than Coleman or Randleman.

Better boxer does not mean better athlete. Better fighter does not mean most athletic. Do you really think the best fighter at HW all time is also going to be the absolute most athletic as if there aren't other elements important to fighting? That is such elementary level thinking.

Last edited:
Not athletic enough for a middle aged Middleweight to outmaneuver him physically and knock him out cold.

You little noobs forget Hendo needed TRT and was juiced to the gills with it.

He looked like shit after it got banned and lost to Bisping ffs

Also, during his "prime" Fedor fought without PED control or athletic commissions and never even faced the majority of top fighters from his generation (Barnett, Kharitonov, Cormier, Miocic, Overeem, Couture, Lesnar, Cain, Carwin, JDS, etc). He then quickly became "out of his prime" in the US at some 34 years of age. As the Maldonado fight teaches us, Fedor was never above using questionable means to get a win and a payday.

That was 100% prime Fedor who lost 3 in a row in SF. Early to mid 30s, Same speed, strength, athleticsm, chin etc.

He just wasn't as athletic as TS thought he was. a literal MW almost a decade older than him was stronger, faster and more athletic.

Primen Fedor spent his career beating cans, his best wins were Nog, CroCop, Arlovski and Sylvia. He lost to Henderson at the age of THIRTY FOUR.

Anderson Silva entered the UFC at 31 yrs old and reigned until he was 37. Anderson lost to Hall when he was 44yrs old which is truly out of his prime.

Fraudo was 34, and he lost to a 40 year old middleweight who had been fighting and competing just as long as he had been.

Thats 4 years younger than Francis is now. And the same age Anthony Joshua is now.

Nobody outside of the weird Frodo zealots buy that he was an old shell of a man in his early 30s.

It's weird how only a select few PRIDE guys get these excuses made for them.

Your MMA knowledge is weak, you bunch of trolls.

While there was no testing in PRIDE, everyone fought with no testing, so it proves nothing.
Fedor fought in US where guys from the same card were caught for roids - Barnett, Vitor, Randleman,
Fedor never popped, unlike your heroes like Jones, AS, Reem and Hendo ,who used TRT, which is unfair advantage.

34 years with 33 high level fights .. that's more than LEsnar and Cain combined... that's called MILEAGE.

If you don't understand what's Mileage, what 34 fights do to your body, then you understand jack shit about fighting,
anatomy and medicine.

GSP and Khabib retired at the same age Fedor declined with less fights.

GSP only returned to cherry pick weakest MW champ ever in Bisping.

Interested to see how Robelis gets along in this regard. Physically that dude is a specimen.

You little noobs forget Hendo needed TRT and was juiced to the gills with it.

He looked like shit after it got banned and lost to Bisping ffs
Henderson was nearly 50 years old lol. You really going to pretend like Henderson wasn't beating all time greats before he fought Fedor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back