Anyone else think UFC 300 main event is underwhelming?

Yeah, but only because they hyped it as some milestone event instead of just a solid card. It's a good fight for just a PPV main event if Dana hadn't spent like 2 months claiming "you guys aren't even going to be able to handle how crazy the main event for UFC 300 is going to be".

I kind of knew they were pretty screwed just looking at what was already booked and Ramadan being the month before. Jones already said way ahead that he would still be out, so no surprise Aspinall/Jones fight, Ramadan ruled out Islam/Leon champ vs champ, FW just fought, BW just fought, DDP said he wouldn't be fighting again that soon. Pereira/Hill was basically the only title fight at all they could have made, so a champ vs champ was out of the question.

Seeing Alex is always exciting but this fight is not to the level of a milestone event and don't get me started on a comain.
So Dana keeps hyping this shit up but it's an average ppv at best .

No Jones , no Conor, no doubles champ or intense rivalry situation.

Streamable at best !

Said it before the its nothing special......................299 was better

Banger main and Co main, as good as it gets for violence. Let's stop pretending the centennial cards are a bigger deal than they are. 200 was Nunes vs Tate and juiced up Lesnar laying on fat mark hunt lol.

I was hoping to see Conor on the card so I can watch him get his shit pushed in again on the big stage.

It will be Sunday morning here in Bangkok.

I don’t intend to cancel my usual Sunday breakfast plans for this like I did for UFC 299.

Will watch it on replay when I get back in the afternoon.

Its not a huge main event but the overall card depth is strong.

Right now the UFC lacks full time major stars who can be relied on for cards like these so it is what it is. Poatan is honestly one of the biggest stars the UFC has right now so theres not much they could have done beyond this without bringing a big name back.

Yeah, but only because they hyped it as some milestone event instead of just a solid card. It's a good fight for just a PPV main event if Dana hadn't spent like 2 months claiming "you guys aren't even going to be able to handle how crazy the main event for UFC 300 is going to be".

I kind of knew they were pretty screwed just looking at what was already booked and Ramadan being the month before. Jones already said way ahead that he would still be out, so no surprise Aspinall/Jones fight, Ramadan ruled out Islam/Leon champ vs champ, FW just fought, BW just fought, DDP said he wouldn't be fighting again that soon. Pereira/Hill was basically the only title fight at all they could have made, so a champ vs champ was out of the question.

Dana saying "you guys aren't even going to be able to handle how crazy the main event for UFC 300 is going to be" then going back to the office to check available fights like me checking my fridge for the 12th time to see if any tasty new food appeared in the last 5 minutes

It is underwhelming because it was never supposed to be the main event. They had a bunch of ideas from GSP, Khabib, Islam, Ronda, Jones, Conor and everyone turned them down.

Alex/Hill was the only fight that they could get that was at least a title fight but that was supposed to be on 301.

Big name fighters turn it down because the UFC doesn’t want to part with more than 0.1% of the revenue. The fans have paid for the UFC’s greed for many years

It’s literally one of the best possible title fights available. What were you expecting? Disappointed it’s not Brock or Ronda? Conor? The only title fight I can even think of right now that’s better is Jones vs. Aspinall.

300 is just a meaningless number nowadays. They have cards most every week and they're mostly so watered down it's impossible to get excited by them like for UFC 200 and previous.
Believe it or not ufc 200 people hated on.... who wants to see a retired Brock vs Hunt and out of prime Silva vs DC... and wmma that isn't Ronda

It is underwhelming given the overly high expectations. It's a good fight especially if Hill is back and really ready to get after it. The UFC may or may not admit it but things just didn't fall right for them to have the main event they ideally wanted and other options were limited.

Big name fighters turn it down because the UFC doesn’t want to part with more than 0.1% of the revenue. The fans have paid for the UFC’s greed for many years
Yep. It was all money and/or people being retired. Then Dana goes and says "X doesn't want to fight!". With Conor, they couldn't come to an agreement financially so to Dana, that means they don't have any interest in fighting. No, they just want to be paid what they are worth.

There are 13 fights on the card that I want to see...

Main event is really underwhelming for a UFC 300 event, but the card as a whole is stacked.

Even the early prelims are cant miss.

Not always the most meaningful fights for the division, but good scraps that you want to tune in to. Definitely much better as a whole than an "average ppv"

It's always black or white with the sherdog intellectuals
Does Dana pay you for these posts, or does he just send you expired Reebok coupons?

I think it's damned good. Two elite strikers which I doubt goes the distance. The card is crazy stacked when you look top to bottom.

Back