Crime President Biden declares Easter Sunday a Transgender Day of Visibility

Do you think this decision was deliberate to annoy people during election year?

• Yes

• No

• Probably just a coincidence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who the fuck made April fools day today?
Didn’t they know it could potentially land on Easter Monday, like it did this year?
Why didn’t they make September first April fools day to avoid pissing off christians?
TIL that when the Gregorian calendar was adopted, the first day of the new year was moved to January first and people who insisted on continuing to use the old date were called April Fools. Or so I've been told.

A quick google suggests there may be some doubt about this account FTR.

TIL that when the Gregorian calendar was adopted, the first day of the new year was moved to January first and people who insisted on continuing to use the old date were called April Fools. Or so I've been told.

A quick google suggests there may be some doubt about this account FTR.
I definitely feel like a fool letting some of the folks here get me riled up . . . especially when they try to twist what I say and ignore any clarification. <6>

Yes... It's the Christians demanding conformity to their beliefs.... Definitely....
This thread is about Christians complaining that a day named for transgenders happens to fall on Easter every once in a while because Easter is always on Sunday. So yes, definitely, that's what's happening here.

I definitely feel like a fool letting some of the folks here get me riled up . . . especially when they try to twist what I say and ignore any clarification. <6>
If you're talking about me, on account of this,
@Andy Capp this was in reference to his declaration. I know Biden didn't pick the actual date for the TVA back in 2009.
You may have missed my reply, which followed immediately after, and quoted your own posts showing exactly what I was talking about, and I didn't ignore your clarification at all.
I know you followed this up by the qualification that those who did actually choose the date were wrong to pick a date that just might happen to fall during Easter, but either way my comment stands, to wit, they should have changed the date of a holiday that has been in effect for several years just to satisfy weak-minded Christians and Biden opponents.

Aren't people tired of pandering? Is it only pandering when it's "progressive"?

I wonder if anyone noticed the tweet posted earlier of Biden's Easter message was at 11am and the tweet about the day of visibility was at 8pm?
I learned recently if you click on the up arrow next to a quoted post it will take you directly to that post to see it for yourself. I invite you to do that with the post of yours I quoted above if you want to ensure I didn't alter it in any way.

Regardless, if you don't get why saying people should not schedule any day of recognition of the LGBTQ community to avoid any possibility of coinciding with Easter fails to comport with the principles upon the USA was founded, we should be having a completely different discussion, IMHO. I'm no America expert, necessarily, but the phrase "The land of the free" rings a bell.

Why do I even bother interacting with you. It turns into a crapfest every time. Christians don't define themselves by hating others. That's another one of your lies you like to peddle as fact.
I think it's a bit dishonest to deny that trans hatred A) was not a major part of GOP/"Christian" identity in 2009 and B) now is. It's also not something anyone could have predicted would catch fire on the right the way it has.
Your continual insistence that I wasn't thinking for myself.
But you're saying the same thing as dozens of other people, no? You don't think it's an odd coincidence that a bunch of people decided to all get riled up over the same irrelevant story?

If you're talking about me, on account of this,

You may have missed my reply, which followed immediately after, and quoted your own posts showing exactly what I was talking about, and I didn't ignore your clarification at all.

I wasn't . . . . and I didn't miss your clarification. Our responses may have crossed paths after hitting reply. No biggie.

I learned recently if you click on the up arrow next to a quoted post it will take you directly to that post to see it for yourself. I invite you to do that with the post of yours I quoted above if you want to ensure I didn't alter it in any way.

Correct. Handy feature of the forum. :)

Regardless, if you don't get why saying people should not schedule any day of recognition of the LGBTQ community to avoid any possibility of coinciding with Easter fails to comport with the principles upon the USA was founded, we should be having a completely different discussion, IMHO. I'm no America expert, necessarily, but the phrase "The land of the free" rings a bell.

It is what it is . . . I think it was originally deemed some international day anyway.

I think it's a bit dishonest to deny that trans hatred A) was not a major part of GOP/"Christian" identity in 2009 and B) now is. It's also not something anyone could have predicted would catch fire on the right the way it has.

You discussing what's dishonest or not is icing on this ridiculous discussion. I don't identify as a GOP member who happens to be a Christian anymore than I identify as a Christian who hates trans people.

But you're saying the same thing as dozens of other people, no? You don't think it's an odd coincidence that a bunch of people decided to all get riled up over the same irrelevant story?

Are you for real? Is every topic where people share a similar view some indication that those people can't come up with an opinion on their own? I'm more riled up over our pointless back and forth than the actual topic of the thread at this point.

some of you guys are insane. do you believe this shit?
"You may be right but look at this Wojack meme I made where you are the cringe soyboy"

Incredible stuff.
Again . . . DUDE. I have already addressed this previously. Thinking that picking a day in late March or early April might not coincide with Easter (a really important RELIGIOUS day) is either very poor planning or purposefully being vindictive. Especially for a day completely unnecessary and in contradiction with the views of most Christians.
I think you're assuming bad faith when there's little to no reason to think that was the motivation. Maybe I could be convinced if I saw some writing or material from the activists behind this that suggested as much but as of now you're baselessly assuming a sinister motive. Its like saying that its an insult to Muslims to pick March 31st because Eid al-Fitr 2025 falls on that day.

Well, I wouldn't go down that slippery slope. You get literal with the bible and that is when shit hits the fan. And it certainly isn't just Christians. Most religions do not approve of anything but normal men with women type stuff. We know how the Muslims feel. The Jews call Gay sex to'eivah (something abhorred or detested). I think the average person doesn't really care if someone is Gay. The Trans community gets the backlash because they are brash, put their rights in front of others rights who they have no issue stomping on, and are pushing treatment for children. Tolerance is warranted if you stay in your lane and are not hurting others. When has a Gay person infringed on someone else's rights? Trans community can't say the same.

The same arguments being used against trans people were used against gay people. I know multiple people that still say that every gay person is a pedophile, and wants to fuck children.

Well, I wouldn't go down that slippery of groups that have infringed on someone else's rights.

I think you're assuming bad faith when there's little to no reason to think that was the motivation. Maybe I could be convinced if I saw some writing or material from the activists behind this that suggested as much but as of now you're baselessly assuming a sinister motive. Its like saying that its an insult to Muslims to pick March 31st because Eid al-Fitr 2025 falls on that day.

I've already wasted enough of my afternoon with Jack . . . I'm not going to get into another back and forth with you trying to explain something I've already covered.

I've responded to your comment in the lounge thread. I don't think I need to clarify anything else at this point.

I've already wasted enough of my afternoon with Jack . . . I'm not going to get into another back and forth with you trying to explain something I've already covered.

I've responded to your comment in the lounge thread. I don't think I need to clarify anything else at this point.
That's fine but I'll just say that this whole outrage comes off as really bad faith and a huge reach to find something to hold against Biden. The lie that it was declared just before this weekend clearly traveled far further than the truth that it was created 15 years ago and acknowledged by Biden three years ago. I respect those who changed their mind when being confronted with the truth but those who remain outraged despite the truth come off as gullible and hard-headed.

The same arguments being used against trans people were used against gay people. I know multiple people that still say that every gay person is a pedophile, and wants to fuck children.

Well, I wouldn't go down that slippery of groups that have infringed on someone else's rights.
You mean Trans? I saw a pic today of CeCe Telfair a Trans-woman sprinter that is being slammed by an ex female Olympian for "cheating". When you see the pic in the article, it is pretty clear she is infringing on women's rights lmao....Looks like a Pro athlete vs middle schoolers.

"You may be right but look at this Wojack meme I made where you are the cringe soyboy"

Incredible stuff.
Checkmate.
10d.png

That's fine but I'll just say that this whole outrage comes off as really bad faith and a huge reach to find something to hold against Biden. The lie that it was declared just before this weekend clearly traveled far further than the truth that it was created 15 years ago and acknowledged by Biden three years ago. I respect those who changed their mind when being confronted with the truth but those who remain outraged despite the truth come off as gullible and hard-headed.

Not that it matters, but I did change my vote after getting more info . . .

Back