What is the biggest recent fraud checks ( BSD , Fisiev , Malott , Allen )

I don't think losing to elite fighters like Justin, Dustin or Max makes fighters frauds.

Sure it kills off some of their hype, and show that they are not championship material yet, but they are still decent fighters. Most of these guys are still capable of performing at top 10 level in my opinion

wonderboy getting exposed by matt brown. can't believe anyone thought wonderboy might be a prospect.

barber getting exposes by roxanne. lol at barber ever being anywhere close to title contention.

leon edwards got exposed hard against hannibal.

merab got humbled by saenz.

oh wait, maybe contenders losing early in their careers doesn't mean we should write them off immediately.

wonderboy getting exposed by matt brown. can't believe anyone thought wonderboy might be a prospect.

barber getting exposes by roxanne. lol at barber ever being anywhere close to title contention.

oh wait, maybe contenders losing early in their careers doesn't mean we should write them off immediately.
Good point. Charles Oliveira is a prime example of this..

Low quality thread.
Momentum kills for sure, but hardly any of those could be called fraud checks.

Fiziev had a close fight with Gaethje which a case could be made that he should have won.

Same with Allen and Holloway. Allen won 2 rounds of that fight. Holloway is absolute elite and does not have a tendency to give rounds away like some other world class competitors do. If anything, winning 2 rounds vs Max is proof for how good Arnold is.

Malott dominated Magny for two rounds gassing himself out by going to mount and doing nothing with it. Something was obviously off about that performance, but a Neil Magny doesn't get mounted by someone who's a fraud. The fight may leave a question mark behind Malott regarding the deep end, but I'd have a hard time calling him a fraud.

Those aren't fraud checks friend.

Paddy vs Jared and Tony is a better example.

Or the Dagestani volleyball player vs Rozenstruik

Usman vs Leon Scott exposed Usman as a total fraud. Guy was never my friend and was always a regional level fighter at best and shouldn't even be holding mitts for a top 30.

Guys lose a fight and they're a "fraud"? Was GSP a fraud when he lost to Serra? Was RDA a fraud when Jeremy Stephens uppercutted his head into low Earth orbit? Was Oliveira a fraud when he lost four out of six early in his UFC career?

Maybe it's a sign they don't belong at that level or maybe it was just too much too soon and they'll work their asses off and improve. Time will tell. But for a lot of fight fans as soon as a guy loses a fight he's a bum. Then again, those same fans will declare them world heaters again if they have an impressive outing next time out.

Reactions: Gio
Yeah because losing a fight makes you a fraud.

What a shitty thread.

Well said.

Mike Malott isn’t ever going to be a contender, though. I’d be happy if he proved me wrong!

Back