Poirier's Egregious Title Shot

ComeChooDaddy

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Everybody including Dustin himself knew his time was up before a #13 ranked fighter stupidly decided to stand in the pocket and trade with him. I like Dustin but he does not deserve to be fighting for the title after beating Saint Denis. This is more title defense cherrypicking from managers & fighters and too easy of a defense for Islam. The rightful recipient is Charles Oliveira. If not him, make a fight with Leon or at the very least Justin Gaethje. There's no way Poirier leapfrogs these guys.

It's timing and really nothing more. Everyones booked. I'm cool with whoever as long as he's a lightweight.

MAKHACHEV_ISLAM_BELT_10-21.png

Also Justin chose to fight Max for the BMF crap and Oliveira has been ducking Islam rematch for a while.

Lame Masvidal is also starting to campaign for a BMF fight since nobody gives a fuck about his upcoming boxing match with washed up Nate.. so there is a chance that Max-Justin winner end up fighting him.

Poirier isn't getting a title shot. 300 is a week away and Oliveira and Gaethje are doing Dana a solid by saving the card, I don't think he's gonna shit on them in that way. Poirier is just shooting his shot because he knows he probably isn't going to earn one.

This whole division is just a shit job booking all around

I didn't like Charles getting the top contender immediately after losing the belt, but if you do give him that fight, then you also have to give him the shot when he wins, even if he gets injured and you have to delay it. Now he's booked against another potential contender even though the champ is ready to fight.

Now Justin is an example of how they should have booked Charles. He took a step back to beat Fiziev before beating a top guy in Dustin so he's got a top win with some momentum now. But now, he's still got to keep busy, and they're doing it with someone outside of division

And another thing you should do is: if you're going to arrange for a backup fighter for a title fight, maybe do that with someone you'll actually use, instead off kicking them back to the curb and then pulling someone from outside of the division.

And now when there are people booked, and the criticism is constantly about how outside of the division the top fights are, some people think the answer is to go outside the division?

Comooon

Im OK with Dustin
Everybody including Dustin himself knew his time was up before a #13 ranked fighter stupidly decided to stand in the pocket and trade with him. I like Dustin but he does not deserve to be fighting for the title after beating Saint Denis. This is more title defense cherrypicking from managers & fighters and too easy of a defense for Islam. The rightful recipient is Charles Oliveira. If not him, make a fight with Leon or at the very least Justin Gaethje. There's no way Poirier leapfrogs these guys.
You're acting like they are putting McGregor in there...
1712417810645.gif

Charles already lost

Leon? Stop dude. You’re bitching about LW standings and then suggest that Islam should do a “superfight” at WW. Dustin’s win over BSD means more than a stupid BMF title bout against Max.
Except if Justin just knocked Dustin the fuck out pretty handily just before Dustin's win over BSD. And many think Max won the fight vs Dustin, either way it was close.

It should've been Gaethje after Oliveira pulled out. Not sure why they made the Max fight instead.

Back